How did you choose your username? - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How did you choose your username?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#101 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:30 AM

*google your name*

#102 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

You know I HAVE to post it now <3

All these young people have no idea what Bebop was. So sad. That space cowboy made his exit ;_;

Cowboy bebop is so overrated, instant classics like LOGH make it look like trash plot and animation wise. 

#103 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

I miss Cowboby bebop.

My name comes from Aizen + Tiamath.

Aizen: I saw the name first time in the ninja scroll series and loved the name so much so that I almost named my son Aizen.  The name was taken so I tried...

Tiamath: This was a bada** dragon in the dungeon and dragons animated series, she always made the bad guy run like a little baby everytime she showed up, but

the name was taken so I just joined them together and I got Aizenath.

#104 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

Cowboy bebop is so overrated, instant classics like LOGH make it look like trash plot and animation wise. 

They're both totally different genres how on earth did you manage to compare them  :p_swt:

I like Galactic Heroes as well but aside from being "in space" they have no similarities to speak of.

#105 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

Forum name: :/ no creativity at all..just my real name.
IGN: all my characters in every game are named *something*Pepper or just Pepper... it started cause one day I had to do some interviews for a class in my high school...well I suffer of social anxiety so it wasn't easy at all... and I have to Interview someone that I find atractive... don't know why but I made the mistake of actually talk to a really pretty woman...she was in a restaurant eating in one of the tables on the sidewalk... I was talking normaly with her, then I stupidly say to her "yeah it's an school job, and I had to interview to the most pretty girl I saw"... she just start to smile and say thanks and thigs like that, I simply crashed...seriusly I simply couldn't say anything...my face all red, can't breath and wanna cry...I just stand up and I tried to Run but she didn't let me... she grabed my arm and ask me to stay...so then (to this day I still don't understand why I did that) I just grabed the pepper pot on the table and sniffed it... it was so fking bad... but she find it cute...she started to call me "chico pimienta" or "pepper guy"... and in some point she and I played a lot Age of Empires II and age of Mytology...she called her self "Cpt. Crunch" in those "war games" so I ended calling my self "Sgt. Pepper".
After all those things I always use that name for gaming purposes.

#106 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:59 AM

They're both totally different genres how on earth did you manage to compare them  :p_swt:

I like Galactic Heroes as well but aside from being "in space" they have no similarities to speak of.

I just wanted to inspire some Bebop fanboys to start raging, its a great anime really xD

Whats sad about the anime of today, is that i can scarcely find one that is out of a "Highschool" setting with the exception of some gems.

Edited by teitoklien, 24 January 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#107 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

Good thread.

Came from watching hentai (this pun  :p_angel:  ). Oniichan was taken so I added the first letter of my name to it. :v

#108 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

I just wanted to inspire some Bebop fanboys to start raging, its a great anime really xD

Whats sad about the anime of today, is that i can scarcely find one that is out of a "Highschool" setting with the exception of some gems.

I just want to see more anime that doesn't star a prepubescent, hypercompetent kid as the protagonist, regardless of what the setting is. More 20-30-somethings dealing with real issues and less QQ I'm bad kiss kiss slap pls. Kinda the reason I like Tiger and Bunny so much; the prota is an adult with a family and child, dealing with issues like juggling work/home life and being past his prime, even if the setting is typical super sentai crap. Really interesting stuff.

It's also the reason I hold 08th MS Team from the Gundam IP in such high regard. In a series typically led by a kid that "fell into the c0ckpit", the prota there was a soldier that fights by choice, and deals with the consequences of his actions instead of hiding behind his age or the coattails of his elders. I'm kinda tempted to say that all the UC-era OVAs were great like that, while the main series' multiverse is constantly screwing it up.

Random examples ftw XD

Teenagers being teenagers was relevant to me like... 15 years ago, but now that I and other anime fans of that generation gave grown up, there's not much reason to empathise with those characters (can see how stupid their problems really are). I'd love to see more stuff catering to older fans of the medium!

Good thread.

Came from watching hentai (this pun  :p_angel:  ). Oniichan was taken so I added the first letter of my name to it. :v

Oh you :3

Edited because the word filter is stupid.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 24 January 2015 - 04:19 AM.

#109 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

.. err, wikipedia ?

just found it cool so i use em  :ok:

#110 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:51 AM

.. err, wikipedia ?

just found it cool so i use em  :ok:

As a member of Valhalla, I resent that name :>

#111 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

Got mine from a promotional banner from a strip club here in our place.

#112 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

Ungh, 08th MS Team is my favorite. So many cries.

#113 Kiarakitty

Kiarakitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationHong Kong, Staying in SG
  • Server:Choas

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Is my "brand" name.. it represents me =) I uses the same name for instagram, my facebook fanpage and twitch too.

I chose Kiara because it was a lion from Lion King and I was amazed by how brave lions are and I want to be just like them. :rice:

Edited by 8860150101222255403, 24 January 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#114 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

Because it's my name.

#115 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

*RAGES AT SENPAI! Then snuggles her Spike plushie.*  :dotdotdot:

#116 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

I just want to see more anime that doesn't star a prepubescent, hypercompetent kid as the protagonist, regardless of what the setting is. More 20-30-somethings dealing with real issues and less QQ I'm bad kiss kiss slap pls. Kinda the reason I like Tiger and Bunny so much; the prota is an adult with a family and child, dealing with issues like juggling work/home life and being past his prime, even if the setting is typical super sentai crap. Really interesting stuff.

The correct stance towards shounen stuff is to immediately disregard it. You're obviously not doing this. I recommend Uchuu Kyoudai and Usagi Drop for material about wonderful middle-aged men dealing with their middle-aged-man-hardships.

#117 Redorm

Redorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

My is the name of the viking Red Orm (originally Röde Orm in swedish) from one of my favorite books, The Long Ships. I first used this name for an in-game blacksmith I made that was gonna be a forger and though it would be a good brand name  :p_laugh:  

The forging plans have been put on ice for a looong time now tho...

#118 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

etansit

its Nate

#119 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

So many good stories! It's fun hearing how everyone came up with their names ^^

Except for Xellie's cryptic cuteness which only like 5 people on this forum will understand  :p_devil:

Let's hear more~

Xellos himself is certainly cryptically cute.

#120 KeziaKwan

KeziaKwan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera's Benches
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

My GX is named himawari which is named after Sinnosuke-chan's little sister for everyone who knows the anime Crayon Sinchan! Himawari means "sunflower" which is ironic since it's so bright and named on a GX. I wanted a good bright GX I guess.

My AB is named "Voight", which is Angelina Jollie's family name. Oh I don't know, I wanted to make a sexy bishop. But she turned out cute with little pet lunatic around.

And my wanderer, JudithAllen... Meh.. Huehuehuehuehue

#121 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Coz its my real name :) Zander is a name u dont hear a lot and its with a Z not X,S, and not short for alexander. So i why change it :)

#122 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

I got mine from the anime Ichigeki Sacchu!! HoiHoi-san. It's about these little robots that go around hunting bugs, and as a newbie hunting thief bugs, that's what Ragnarok reminded me of.

Doctor Tame was just a name for my merchant who back then, was created to sell tames and pet eggs.

#123 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:49 PM

I got it from my laptop

energy star or intel inside, I choose energystar :heh:

#124 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

http://www.math.ubc....-dict-full.html

#125 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

My GX is named himawari which is named after Sinnosuke-chan's little sister for everyone who knows the anime Crayon Sinchan! Himawari means "sunflower" which is ironic since it's so bright and named on a GX. I wanted a good bright GX I guess.

My AB is named "Voight", which is Angelina Jollie's family name. Oh I don't know, I wanted to make a sexy bishop. But she turned out cute with little pet lunatic around.

And my wanderer, JudithAllen... Meh.. Huehuehuehuehue

sinchan! sad the mangaka died before he finished the series :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users