Where to put phen / WoE cast / Cast or dmg - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where to put phen / WoE cast / Cast or dmg

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 FernandoThompson

FernandoThompson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Hey guys,

I've got 3 troublesome questions, I hope you guys could clear it up!

1. I'm currently wearing an orleans gown with porcellio, but I want to do nidhogg and other mvps solo, so for Nid I needed a volcano armor (can be [0]), and general I'm gonna need an unfrozen typhoon too, so here's the deal: I dont want to put a phen on my RWC pendant, so what other good acessory I could put it?

2. Is there any cast calculator out there? I wanted to know if using a WoE set, +12 KK CEB and 2 rwc pendants perfect enchanted, together with magic strings and sac, I could achieve insta cast or I would have to switch woe gear for my faw spell enchanted

3. For leveling, people usually say it's better to go full spell enchants and cast reduction, but I bought my faw with ea enchants and I didnt feel like reenchanting it. I like my damage and it helps both AB and CC, while spell enchants only help CC (and FE cast). Im only level 125, but my opinion is damage > cast time until now. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

Edited by FernandoThompson, 21 January 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#2 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

+12 KK gives 12%
2x RWC pendants give 32%

That's 44% right there.

Magic strings gives:

30% at level 10
10% from Music Lessons 10
1% per 10 Dex

To reach 100% cast reduc, you'd need to be standing in 160+ dex strings. I don't know how much dex maestros usually have, but you'll get pretty damn close, at the very least. I used to use Tower Keeper sunnies (5% cast reduc), which guaranteed I'd reach instant cast in strings.

#3 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hey guys,

1. I'm currentlu wearing an orleans gown with porcellio, but I want to do nidhogg and other mvps solo, so for Nid I needed a volcano armor (can be [0]), and general I'm gonna need an unfrozen typhoon too, so here's the deal: I dont want to put a phen on my RWC pendant, so what other good acessory I could put it?

i'd say put it in your RWC ring, that way when you need to use phen you'll get additional 4%ATK MATK from pendant+ring combo bonus.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

Hey guys,

1. I'm currentlu wearing an orleans gown with porcellio, but I want to do nidhogg and other mvps solo, so for Nid I needed a volcano armor (can be [0]), and general I'm gonna need an unfrozen typhoon too, so here's the deal: I dont want to put a phen on my RWC pendant, so what other good acessory I could put it?

Anything other than an RWC pendant. RWC ring is pretty reasonable, frankly, if you expect the other accessory to be a pendant. 

2. Is there any cast calculator out there? I wanted to know if using a WoE set, +12 KK CEB and 2 rwc pendants perfect enchanted, together with magic strings and sac, I could achieve insta cast or I would have to switch woe gear for my faw spell enchanted

Yes, it's called a pencil and paper. % cast reduc stacks multiplicatively, not additively with cast reduc from stats. So add up all the +% mods you have, assume 40-50% for strings (depends how good your stringers are. When I was 1 dex RK, w/52% cast reduc, there would be stringers that wouldn't give me enough cast reduc to breath at full speed).

In any event - that will NOT give you enough cast. Drop the KK CEB (I hope it's not already carded! Save that slot for MP when you're rich, imo), and put 2 spell enchants on your combat knife (What? You say you're using damage weapon in WoE? Why are you doing that, you're not a killer class, you won't kill anyone that matters no matter what weapon you use - so use the weapon that makes you take 10% less damage and cast 20% faster). 

Why mention sac? It has no relevance here.

3. For leveling, people usually say it's better to go full spell enchants and cast reduction, but I bought my faw with ea enchants and I didnt feel like reenchanting it. I like my damage and it helps both AB and CC, while spell enchants only help CC (and FE cast). Im only level 125, but my opinion is damage > cast time until now. Am I wrong?

Well, really it's dependent on the monsters and the damage. If the damage gets you 1 less cast per kill, damage is better. But if you're fighting stuff with, say, 20k HP, IT DOESN'T MATTER if you do 10k damage, or 12k, or even 19k - you will kill in same number of hits, thus cast time is better. And if you're fighting big stuff that takes lots of hits to kill, this effect gets washed out, and DPS (damage divided by (cast time + delay)) is king. 

The ideal case, of course, is +9 KK CoD et al for 100% cast reduction, at which point you can dispense with the orleans/phen - and spamming instacast CC in PVM is fun. 

Thanks in advance

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 January 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#5 FernandoThompson

FernandoThompson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

I think geneticist class is just unexplored on this server. All I see is a bunch of sura addicted to be honest. Here's a video of my friend owning a GM on PVP: 

''Oh but pvp and woe are different things.'' Indeed:

(PS: he only uses cart cannon with a Ktullanux card when people are using ifrit armor or soul cannonball when ppl are using ghostring. This is an old bRO server with as many godlys as iRO has.

Edited by FernandoThompson, 21 January 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

You'll probably find that specialized PVP gear is very different from your PVM / leveling gear and has almost no overlap these days.

Well, okay there is some overlap but be prepared to spend lots on gear that is specific to one or the other.

Edited by kasshin, 21 January 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:02 AM

I think geneticist class is just unexplored on this server. All I see is a bunch of sura addicted to be honest.

Are you talking about bRO or iRO Renewal? On iRO, genetic is the second most popular class, and if that's the server you're talking about, I don't know where you're going that you don't see them... http://ropd.info/?na...ss distribution Gens outnumber suras by about a third. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 January 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

135+ blacksmiths are the most underrepresented class.

#9 FernandoThompson

FernandoThompson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Are you talking about bRO or iRO Renewal? On iRO, genetic is the second most popular class, and if that's the server you're talking about, I don't know where you're going that you don't see them... http://ropd.info/?na...ss distribution Gens outnumber suras by about a third. 

Since I put 2 PVP/WoE videos in that same reply, I figured you would understand I was talking about WoE/PVP, and yes, it is unexplored since 99% of all these geneticists are mvp build only, and a few are support at WoE, which is a waste of potential in my opinion.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

It's not unexplored here; a friend of mine used to main Genetic for PVP with an Eira homunculus and there were others like that too.

You probably really need to hang around the PVP rooms or do it actively to see what the current "trends" are.

#11 FernandoThompson

FernandoThompson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

It's not unexplored here; a friend of mine used to main Genetic for PVP with an Eira homunculus and there were others like that too.

You probably really need to hang around the PVP rooms or do it actively to see what the current "trends" are.

It's not that, it's because everytime I read on forums or chat with players, they say genetic is a support woe class, DrAzzy too said I wasn't gonna kill anyone, so CK full time. Of course there are killer gens, and very good ones, but what I dont get is this whole idea of support on most of players.

Also I forgot to thank u for the responses, really helped with my questions =)

Edited by FernandoThompson, 21 January 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#12 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Well for one I'm pretty sure I could outpot cart cannon on a perma mage in pvp if I had full reduction gears on, nevermind in WoE where damage is halved. High aspd hell plant is cool vs single targets when combined with mandragora howl and thorn wall to lock them in place. You can pretty much kill anyone with that. Acid bomb is really situational. Fire expansion, never seen it used effectively in pvp so I dunno.

#13 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

FE is nice with KVM when people aren't DR or GR, it's apparently been working a bit better in WoE these days. I mess around with it but I haven't explored the PVP options very much at all....I just know i can hit bio4 paladin for like 550k without gods lol

#14 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

The bio4 pally does have over 200 vit so... yeah lol

#15 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

My conclusion = Everyone on bRO has 200 vit and an Asprika. lol

#16 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

What kind of damage does fire expansion even count as... true(can't be endowed to bypass DR) neutral, ranged? magical? I don't even know honestly I kinda want to test it's damage on my linker now.

#17 FernandoThompson

FernandoThompson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

FE is nice with KVM when people aren't DR or GR, it's apparently been working a bit better in WoE these days. I mess around with it but I haven't explored the PVP options very much at all....I just know i can hit bio4 paladin for like 550k without gods lol

Glad to see someone testing things out xD PS: your bzb vid is awesome, grats

#18 FernandoThompson

FernandoThompson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

What kind of damage does fire expansion even count as... true(can't be endowed to bypass DR) neutral, ranged? magical? I don't even know honestly I kinda want to test it's damage on my linker now.

It's a weird magic dmg as I could see, I tested it, it's only blocked by defending aura and GTB card (and ofc GR, DR)

Edited by FernandoThompson, 21 January 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#19 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

It counts as physical non-ranged AFAIK, it takes %atk and %matk and your atk/matk into consideration the same as acid bomb, FE takes no ranged buffs but still is blocked by pneuma? lol I swear they have messed with it's formula a few times in renewal. There are also some odd things I've encountered with it in regards to acid bomb comparison, where high vit targets take higher FE than AB despite me wearing ranged buff gears (see paladin for reference of this oddity)

Also, FE doesn't take %racial matk damage like zakudam/FBH demi-portion, only %racial atk like AK

edit: if its blocked by GTB on bRO it's likely not the same formula as iRO, I don't think that blocks it on iRO but someone should test that.

also, thanks for watching =D 

Edited by Havenn, 21 January 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#20 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

GTB doesn't block FE on iRO. I also use a FE gene in PVP. I just don't use it often because it's very expensive to do what I do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users