[Classic] Jumping Janeway! - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Jumping Janeway!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Sansui

Sansui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

Classic-Jump-Event.png

For those who don't know Jumping Jane way is in on Classic, and its a great way for those of you who don't have much time to level to catch up! or if you are new and want a jump start!

You can find Janeway by going to     :p_love:

Jumping-Janeway01.png

The quests i've got through are as follows:

10 porings - anywhere around pront :p_omg:  !

20 thief bugs - Free warp !

30 Zombie - Free warp !

30 Boa - Free Warp !

40 Thara Frog - One map right of Comodo http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/beach_dun3/

60 Archer Skeletons - Payon Dungeon

70 Pitman

70+ Ice Titans/Dragons  :p_idea:

During the quest you get a choice of two character bound weapons! katar, dagger, gutiar, mace, bow, sword, etc

you also get some free pots!

Also FREE WARPS! to:

GH 

Einbech

Wow my post is still here I will update it after the servers go back up.. Now without gargoyles :P   enjoy!

Edited by Sansui, 22 December 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#2 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

Yeah gargoyles suck, only thing fun about them is their head going "Pop!" when they die.

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Were the monsters the same as what Renewal had? It's a neat thing, I did it the other night. I do have some criticism for it but was going to wait for this weeks patch notes thread to see if we could improve it further.

#4 Sansui

Sansui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Agreed also the bow you get from the quest is the best bow animation in the game!  :heh: 

#5 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

What max level you got for clearing the quests? How about trans character as well?

#6 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

You forgot to add:

1st quest - 10 poring - lv10/10

That gives you a knife as well.

The problem with the 2nd quest is that it warps you to Culverts, but you have to go back to Prontera to do the quest to open Culverts.

Every quest gives you 10 base levels --> lv10, lv20, lv30, lv40, lv50, lv60, lv70. And that's it. 

Gargoyles are a problem. I would be nice to have one more quest leading to lv80. And increase spawn of these monsters.

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

What max level you got for clearing the quests? How about trans character as well?

I think you end up at 70/30 after finishing the Gargoyles. I havent done it with a trans character, but I may be able to test that over the next couple of days.

For everyone who has done it and has some criticism please head over to this weeks patch notes thread (http://forums.warppo...ic-maintenance/) and post your experience or suggestions.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

You forgot to add:

1st quest - 10 poring - lv10/10

That gives you a knife as well.

The problem with the 2nd quest is that it warps you to Culverts, but you have to go back to Prontera to do the quest to open Culverts.

Every quest gives you 10 base levels --> lv10, lv20, lv30, lv40, lv50, lv60, lv70. And that's it. 

Gargoyles are a problem. I would be nice to have one more quest leading to lv80. And increase spawn of these monsters.

I'm boosting the number of thief bugs that spawn on the west prontera map so you don't have to go inside if you don't want to. 

#9 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

I think gargoyles should be changed to another monster. I have asked people and they would say monsters like Evil Druid or Sohee would have been better.

#10 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

Were the monsters the same as what Renewal had? It's a neat thing, I did it the other night. I do have some criticism for it but was going to wait for this weeks patch notes thread to see if we could improve it further.

I don't know what the first Janeway quest for Renewal was, as I never did it. It was for Novices. Here were the rest of the quests:

20 Zombie and 20 Skeleton

50 Elder Willow

50 Orc Warrior and 25 Orc Lady

100 Savage

100 Kapha

#11 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

I don't know what the first Janeway quest for Renewal was, as I never did it. It was for Novices. Here were the rest of the quests:

20 Zombie and 20 Skeleton

50 Elder Willow

50 Orc Warrior and 25 Orc Lady

100 Savage

100 Kapha

The first Janeway quests were the same except no Kapha. It dropped you off at level 70. But unlike the second time she was in, once rebirthed, you could do Janway again. But all you had to do was click her and she'd give you the levels without making you do the quests again.

#12 acfatah0

acfatah0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

can anyone suggest the best map to hunt gargoyle which has the shortest and the safest route? 

#13 HumIsKing

HumIsKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

Gh  map should have a bump in gargoyle so that it be an easy kill. 

Jane away should help first class get to 99 only then might more people join.

Go to Izlude sit there for 1 hr youll be lucky to see 1 person go to Jane.

Maybe charge a reset stone for 70~80 80~90 and 90~99 so if a person 

really wanted to lvl to 99 it cost 3 reset stones. I'll be down for that.

Better than paying 200mil for a Thors leach

#14 Sansui

Sansui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

can anyone suggest the best map to hunt gargoyle which has the shortest and the safest route? 

I attempted to do them on the stings map, but that too a long time to get to, i suggest we up the spawns on the GH field map itself http://db.irowiki.org/classic/map-info/glast_01/?

From patch notes !:

"Jumping Janeway enhancements:

-Daggers and Huumas added to Janeway

-Fast access to Janeway from the newbie starting area

-Janeway will now give potions to start you off so you don't have to run through the training grounds first

There are more suggestions I have to improve the quest, like putting in more information on who can use the Janeway gear, and the monsters. "

More suggestions? post them here!

Edited by Sansui, 23 January 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#15 t4skmaster

t4skmaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

i cant see the janejumping npc!!!  :sob:  help me to find it please!! 

#16 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

So,

My experience with Janeway so far.

On classic, is there anyway to display kills? I'm tired of remembering she told me 20/30 and having to Alt+U to check how many I have.

Why is Janeway so out of the way? She should give you a Memory of Janeway teleport item to go back to her immediately. I see you've already got Prontera Warp Passes, so I can't imagine this being any more difficult.

Each kill quest should provide you with level-relevant armour and weapons, since I started this on a newly level 12 thief with no money or items on my account, and I'm still going around to Zombies with a Knife [3]. My classic account is basically brand new in that I have no gear or money on it. As it stands, Janeway doesn't do enough to give new accounts or new characters any sort of assistance, because you're still broke with no gear.

Edited by Scott, 24 January 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

i cant see the janejumping npc!!!  :sob:  help me to find it please!! 

Do you see her here on the eastern Island? She should be just below the entrance to the building there.

Jumping-Janeway01.png

We currently have a new hub area (based on old payon) that Janeway will be moving to in just a few weeks. We'll probably keep Janeway where she is until then, but I'll ask about a Prontera warp pass style item. 

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

On classic, is there anyway to display kills? I'm tired of remembering she told me 20/30 and having to Alt+U to check how many I have.

Afraid not. The quest counts on your character's head are Renewal-only and actually came to iRO pretty recently, with Criatura iirc. Best you can do it keep the quest log open or keep track in your head (or in my case, on a notepad XD).

#19 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

So I just discovered a bug. Apparently, the NPC won't talk to you once you're level 70, even if you're on the quest, so I can't hand it in. :(

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

We can change it so that it will give you the reward items if you level above 70 while on the last quest. 

#21 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:08 PM

The last quest should still be changed to something much more enjoyable to kill than gargoyles. Most new people are going to find them very difficult and extremely time consuming to do. I tried it and everything up to that point and it was fine while somewhat challenging.

Those gargoyles like to spam crap that position bugs the player which can and will get very frustrating. They also happen to be on a huge map with cramps which makes it much worse. 

Edited by HikariYari, 26 January 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#22 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

Whats the point for a new player to reach lvl 70 without any decent gear? Might as well let it complete until rebirth. I mean, u get to lv70, after doing some quests that took some hs, and ure back into endless grinding till 99 w/o gear. The idea is good but not fully implemented.

#23 funwithalchemy

funwithalchemy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

hmmm i cant seem to be able to equip the gear she gives me? i made a gunslinger and choose the pistol. Any one have this issue?

oh and i dunno why but i got prompted to pick twice what weapon i wan after boa turn ins

Edited by funwithalchemy, 28 January 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#24 Sansui

Sansui

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

The last quest should still be changed to something much more enjoyable to kill than gargoyles. Most new people are going to find them very difficult and extremely time consuming to do. I tried it and everything up to that point and it was fine while somewhat challenging.

Those gargoyles like to spam crap that position bugs the player which can and will get very frustrating. They also happen to be on a huge map with cramps which makes it much worse. 

+1  yes

Here is today's patch notes though 

Events

Improvements for the Janeway Quest:

-When players are given the Gargoyle hunt quest they will receive Earth Endow Scrolls

-If player is in a party she will offer to teleport your group to the Gargoyle map

-Janeway is available in the novice training area, to help you get those early levels. 

-If you level above level 70 but still have the gargoyle quest you will not receive the exp but you will receive the item reward 

Server broadcasts will be updated to better instruct players how to get to Janeway

#25 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Seems like they finally fixed the Janeway exploit, I do hope that everyone who hoarded it and sold it got banned, saw a couple of chars from top tier guilds doing it too....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users