Sheep Rope Bug - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sheep Rope Bug

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:49 PM

Just re-did the sheep part of the quest to get more wools on my Ranger, and after clicking on the rope the slot machine immediately freezes around Success. You catch the sheep (though one try only netted me a Green Herb), but you cannot do anything else. Not able to use items on hotkeys or skills. I tried using another rope while it was frozen on my screen still (by double-clicking it in my inventory), and it used it but nothing happened, and I didn't catch the sheep I ran up to.

Nothing to do but relog to character select screen to get it to go away. Then use another rope only to have to relog yet again. I'm just glad you only need 5 sheep...

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

while the slot machine is running there will be a period after you catch the pet that you cannot attack. you can move around though. I've gotten green herbs (and a jellopy) from taming sheep before but I've never not tamed the sheep.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

yes, there is a 2-3 seconds period after slot machine showing success or failure where you cant attack or use item
this is challenging when i was catching sheeps on bifrost tower using my robot, when monsters come after me while i cant attack or use item. btw, this happens to taming in general, not only sheep.

#4 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

It isn't freezing for two seconds, though. I should have just screenshotted it but I didn't even think about it. The slot machine was stuck on my screen, in the middle like usual, until I relogged. I could walk around the whole map if I wanted and it would not go away until I logged out and back in. I didn't try switching maps. But, it wouldn't let me use any fly wings or anything. The ropes just were not working correctly. I'd hunted the sheep 5 times previously on my Ranger, and after logging out and back in enough to get 5 sheep, I turned them in just fine for my next 5 wools.

There just was an issue with actually catching them, where the slot machine would not go away.

And it is still broken. I'll post some screenshots, since ROReplay apparently doesn't catch the slot machine part on screen? Here's the couple I just took, showing the machine stuck on screen. You can use items but they don't actually do anything, those are still consumed. You have to click on the machine for the sheep to be caught, but the machine instantly freezes after use.

http://imgur.com/a/rod38

As you can see from the time stamp, the thing is frozen for a minute on my screen, and would continue to be until I log off.

Edited by Kmac, 21 January 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#5 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

Green Herb and jellopy? Failure? I've caught sheep several times, but never once failed or gotten anything other than a lost sheep. Never had it bug on me before, either except when I went up to one and tried to use the rope, but it didn't do anything. I walked up next to it, and tried a second one (my last one) and it did nothing as well. So I ended up killing it. :P

#6 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

I thought maybe it was only happening on that specific map (one south of payon), but no, it just happened to me on one east of payon as well. Is really no one else having this issue? It's quite annoying to have to relog every time you want to catch the sheep...

#7 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

I thought maybe it was only happening on that specific map (one south of payon), but no, it just happened to me on one east of payon as well. Is really no one else having this issue? It's quite annoying to have to relog every time you want to catch the sheep...

It is happening to me too, tamed many sheep without problems, but suddenly started having the issue you described with the slot machine popping up, not spinning, and no way to get it off the screen except relogging or switching maps. Affects all characters on my account.

EDIT: didn't mean to necro, was searching for posts on this topic and found this one. I assumed it was for the current year's quest since it's exactly what's happening to me...

Edited by Orthogon, 07 February 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#8 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

I tried uninstalling and redownloading/installing the client, but it didn't help. Submitted a ticket and will see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users