[Suggestion] Regarding +9 cards - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Suggestion] Regarding +9 cards

26 replies to this topic

#1 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

Hi good evening everyone. It's my first time to post a suggestion and i hope i'll be heard on these improvements:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Card Refinement System :

Since +9 cards are very rampant right now, why not let's make refining cards a bit easier? Why not tweak the refinement system by making the chances higher than usual and please don't make it 0 when you fail.

Make it from

0 to +5 (when failing, it will reduce a level or maintain its level of refinement)

+6 to +10 (when failing, it may return to +5 or maintain its level of refinement)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug bounty system:

Why not reward those people who love the game and report bugs on warp portal. I think that wont hurt right? Big companies are using this system for the improvement of their services. For an example is Facebook, they are giving money depending on the gravity of bugs given out by the users.

As a suggestion, why not give items / KP for those who report bugs which are significant for the improvement of the game. This system will encourage users to report bugs...   :p_idea: 

Hope to hear feedbacks and comments from you guys! thanks.  :thx: 

-

Edited by screamozell, 22 January 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#2 hakuon1988

hakuon1988

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:29 AM

create bug and report it .. waitting reward? wew... the reward already gift is improve the game we love !!  :p_laugh: i am right ?  :p_love:

#3 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationStrawberry Land
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Pandora

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

:p_sick:  reward idk that would work many players would just make up story just to get something 

its on player choice if he/she wants to make the game long term he/she will report but if not then the game itself will go to the sewer soon 

there's no need reward of reporting something 

:rice:  the more you report the more assurance that you are safe in the game thats your reward  a secure game 

in card isnt better to have a feeling more chilling XD like WOW XD i turn my +2 to 3 and fails back to zero but if turns to 3 0-0 like WOW soo big XD i won XDDDD

Edited by Oyufam, 22 January 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#4 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

it would be very different if you think the other way around. more players will be encouraged than usual

#5 DPSwannabe

DPSwannabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

The reward system will be awesome ofcourse, you don't have to worry about people making up stuff because for the bugs that will be reported, they must investigate the credibility of the info before giving out such rewards.

Assurance of the players is never enough for the population.

#6 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

Card Refinement System :

Since +9 cards are very rampant right now, why not let's make refining cards a bit easier? Why not tweak the refinement system by making the chances higher than usual and please don't make it 0 when you fail.

Make it from

0 to +5 (when failing, it will reduce a level or maintain its level of refinement)

+6 to +10 (when failing, it may return to +5 or maintain its level of refinement)

i agree on this one, to make it short, make it like gear refinement..
+1 to +10 , if failed, it decreases by 1 or stays at current refine
+11 to +20, if failed, it goes down to 10 or stays at current refine.

but on cards, it's 0 to +5, and +6 to +10 . up for this suggestion :no1:

#7 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

accidental double post.

Edited by ShinShan, 23 January 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#8 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:32 PM

thanks to those who supports! ^_^

#9 DPSwannabe

DPSwannabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

yeah.. getting to +4 is a pain in the ass.. and im serious, you spend so much time infront of your computer doing it that your ass becomes painful. 

p.s.

ass is not a bad word here right? please change the words if it is.

#10 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

The reward system will be awesome ofcourse, you don't have to worry about people making up stuff because for the bugs that will be reported, they must investigate the credibility of the info before giving out such rewards.

Assurance of the players is never enough for the population.

If you need rewards to report bugs, then it's not annoying enough, nor a game breaking bug or you don't care about the game.

If it's game breaking you'll report it because it has to be fixed. If it's annoying you'll report it because it annoys you and YOU WANT IT fixed. If you care about the game you'll report whatever small stuff seems out of place or not working as intended.

False reports are BAD not because they would get rewards (of course they wouldn't) but because staff would waste time investigating a fake bug. And we all know the last thing we want is more delays in their work when it comes to bugs.

#11 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:49 AM

:p_idea:  if its a false report, penalty should be perma ban to the one who reported it XD then that reward thing would be good yet scary :p_love: XD , oh god im such a devil XDDD

#12 DPSwannabe

DPSwannabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

If you need rewards to report bugs, then it's not annoying enough, nor a game breaking bug or you don't care about the game.

If it's game breaking you'll report it because it has to be fixed. If it's annoying you'll report it because it annoys you and YOU WANT IT fixed. If you care about the game you'll report whatever small stuff seems out of place or not working as intended.

False reports are BAD not because they would get rewards (of course they wouldn't) but because staff would waste time investigating a fake bug. And we all know the last thing we want is more delays in their work when it comes to bugs.

so are you saying that the time spent by the staff investigating for the legitimacy of the potential bug is a waste of time? hmm.. well if they are that busy then fine with me. and also, the way you expect people to do and think is very ideal but sadly that is not the reality, players will not report non game breaking stuff because they will think someone else will instead of being encouraged because of a reward like a random event reward box. 

the proposal of OP is nice imho, but like the post above me, too much false reports might end up having a penalty instead. haha and noooooo. wth perma ban?! haaha hitler in the house!

#13 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:06 PM

so are you saying that the time spent by the staff investigating for the legitimacy of the potential bug is a waste of time? hmm.. well if they are that busy then fine with me. and also, the way you expect people to do and think is very ideal but sadly that is not the reality, players will not report non game breaking stuff because they will think someone else will instead of being encouraged because of a reward like a random event reward box. 

the proposal of OP is nice imho, but like the post above me, too much false reports might end up having a penalty instead. haha and noooooo. wth perma ban?! haaha hitler in the house!

I'm not saying "investigating a potential bug" is a waste of time, I'm saying that getting TOO many potential bugs will surely end up being a waste of time. As it is now, without rewards, people DO report bugs, all the time, because it affects their game, whether it be a missing NPC or a quest that's not working, a skill that gets bugged, etc. anything that interrupts your fun is usually reported.

Maybe not TOO often, but at least support knows that if something gets reported it is usually a real bug or a player's misinformation / mistake on their end. Either case it's worth investigating to help a player.

Add a "reward" system here, and you'll just get a -_-ton of reports, and I doubt they have the manpower to go through all of them; just to find out a high ammount were fake.

That's why I don't consider this to be a good idea.

Also, False Reports expecting a reward? Temp ban as minimum. And that's not being hitler (nor even half). Perma might be too much, but they can't go unpunished for wasting a working person's time

#14 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:21 AM

Add a "reward" system here, and you'll just get a -_-ton of reports, and I doubt they have the manpower to go through all of them; just to find out a high ammount were fake.

Yep, there will be a tons of report. So a simple solution for that. prioritize.

#15 DPSwannabe

DPSwannabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

I'm not saying "investigating a potential bug" is a waste of time, I'm saying that getting TOO many potential bugs will surely end up being a waste of time. As it is now, without rewards, people DO report bugs, all the time, because it affects their game, whether it be a missing NPC or a quest that's not working, a skill that gets bugged, etc. anything that interrupts your fun is usually reported.

Maybe not TOO often, but at least support knows that if something gets reported it is usually a real bug or a player's misinformation / mistake on their end. Either case it's worth investigating to help a player.

That's why I don't consider this to be a good idea.

Also, False Reports expecting a reward? Temp ban as minimum. And that's not being hitler (nor even half). Perma might be too much, but they can't go unpunished for wasting a working person's time

okay if everything you have said is correct, then it is not enough, its either the reports are not being investigated upon or there is a lack of people reporting it for the bug to be "seen" as game breaking. there is a hierarchy of bugs needing fix and may it be game breaking or not, a bug is a bug, everything needs to be reported, investigated and fixed. I believe 99.9% that the bug report section here in the forums is more than 50% of the total reports being received by the staff. Honestly, i dont see that much there and even if it gets doubled or tripled, that is still not that many to be a task for a person to get paid for as a job. I mean, regular work hours a day is 8, if you spend 1 hour for bug report reading, you can easily label them as, "false report", "needs more investigation" or the holy grail "confirmed bug".. But that's assuming the people who runs the game really do care or can do anything about it since i heard that the devs are not really that active anymore.

anyway, the bottom line is this is a suggestion thread and i kind of like to think that having a random reward box for the player who reported it will encourage players to do so but as you say, there are so many potential fake reports that could waste the staff's time but the suggestion is not final and could be improved in a lot of ways which could avoid that time wasting risk.

#16 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

IMO i would looooove some sort of change to the card refinement system. Checkpoints or an infinium type item for refining those would be heavenly! +1 to that!!

In theory, the reward system sounds like a great idea to get people more actively involved in bug reporting but there are so many ways to abuse it and the manpower of the in house support staff is probably not there to sift through all of the poop. 

If this were to be added, i would say a person could receive a small prize in their temp box or something UPON successful fixing of said bug. You may end up with people sharing reports, or multiple accounts submitting the same information as a way to exploit the system. Maybe a good samaritan prize? A tally could be kept of the successful reports one member has placed and a little thank you is sent out? 

The problem is, manpower. As a VCR we frequently get PMs and mails from people to check out a bug and also we scour the bug report section of the forums. Second step is to try to replicate it on the test server and make a video of it to send a report.

IF there are members of the community who are a savant at finding bugs, i highly recommend them to sign up during the next VCR election (coming up soon BTW!!) The "prize" for that are being able to see some future content and of course more bug reporting before it comes to live. 

#17 CelestialBeing00

CelestialBeing00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

Haha a reward for a bug report. Leecher Idea.

A thank you from the moderators will be enough for the bug report..

Remember you are playing a Free to Play (F2P) MMO.

Why would them give a reward while they are giving to much for you playing their game for free.

Its in your conscience if you want to report a bug, ignore it, or be the one of the abuser.

But i agree with your Card Refinement Check Point. (Thumbs up)

#18 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

:p_hi:  rewards ?? , nah  rewards  rewards na still no dont think its good ,

if you want your game to be in long term report without rewards and to be helpful make it legit 

rewards nah reward nah if there's a penalty for false reporting like IP BAN, ACCOUNT BAN  that's good idea 

but still XD its a NO 

#19 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

create bug and report it .. waitting reward? wew... the reward already gift is improve the game we love !!  :p_laugh: i am right ?  :p_love:

That's the general idea behind taking time to report bugs or exploits. Once in a rare while when players go above and beyond to help on something time consuming or laborious, customer support will offer some form of thank you compensation, but it is not the norm nor would we make it so. We generally hope you want to help improve the game you like, and will take the time to screenshot an issue if you encounter it. It's optional on your part, though appreciated.  

On a side note, I have to question the Facebook offering money for bugs, which was mentioned as an example in the original post. Be warned, if you see that, it is most likely a scam. Sites like Facebook have a reporting system for issues (which I have used many, many times and never received money) so be careful! Scammers really like to impersonate staff and make offers like that in an attempt to steal account or banking info. It's kind of like when you see someone in game saying 'Hey I'll give you GM powers. Just send me money and your password.' That's a ploy and you should report it.

#20 4122130526210046830

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:18 AM

in my opinion waiting for a reward by a cards exploiting its just too bad, but i kinda like this bug (in some way) cuz some ppl can reorganize the cards enchant system cuz is really hard to get 1 card to +3 and almost impossible to +6...

Edited by 4122130526210046830, 30 January 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#21 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

On a side note, I have to question the Facebook offering money for bugs, which was mentioned as an example in the original post. Be warned, if you see that, it is most likely a scam. Sites like Facebook have a reporting system for issues (which I have used many, many times and never received money) so be careful! Scammers really like to impersonate staff and make offers like that in an attempt to steal account or banking info. It's kind of like when you see someone in game saying 'Hey I'll give you GM powers. Just send me money and your password.' That's a ploy and you should report it.

nope. check this out https://www.facebook.com/whitehat please check that one out. 

although not all policies are applicable here because it's an online game but that can be a good backbone for ideas. :)

#22 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:46 AM

and CM maridah, any comments on my card system suggestion? thanks

#23 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

:p_sad:  from what i see , its a no.......i think XD

#24 screamozell

screamozell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLaguna, PH

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:46 PM

#25 ro2lots3

ro2lots3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

want to report recent bug

the bugs are about last maintenance item, from march mimic box

1. red squid hat which obtained from small mimic version that was opened 1 day before official announcement. I open it, wear it but shows nothing on the head and delete it

2. Knight petit reins 14 days, i got 2 and still not delete them, they cannot be open/right click which also gain from the mimic box.

Hope gm can fix them soon

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users