Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hello there everyone. We've been looking at the feedback from the Classic community regarding improving the PVE and PVP experience for new and veteran players alike, as well as addressing minor and major issues that have been causing frustration. 

This isn't necessarily a complete list but we're working on a number of the changes that you've requested for the 1st quarter. Some of the objectives below aren't on the calendar yet but we are working on them. 

We've put the Classic Foundry Projects and the things we are working on Trello (think e-post it note board) so you guys can see exactly what we're working on. Please create a free Trello account and post your username here and we'll invite you to the RO Community group. 

You can register through this link: https://trello.com/oda_cm/recommend

Objectives over the next year:

Quality of life

-More relevant and up to date server announcements

-Adding quest missions to old quests so you can keep track of where you are in the quest

-Creating a page for Classic on the Playragnarok website and doing more advertising (I'll need the community's help on this one)

WoE Improvement

-Reducing castles

-Economy resets

-Investigating possible reduction of power of ultra-powerful mvp cards during WoE.

Anti-Bot/Cheating

-The GMs will be watching for tickets with the subject [CLASSIC WOE WATCH] during the hours of Woe 1 and 2 for requests to monitor specific individuals for suspect activity during woe. 

To send in to this group, use that subject line. In the body of the message all we need is the name of the character, the guild and a quick blurb about what they are doing. We do not require screenshots and videos at that step, but it's recommended that you add a reply to your ticket later with that information if you have it. 

We are also working with section 9 on a possible in-game reporting system, so keep your eyes peeled for announcements regarding that. 

We're also looking at bringing back the "request an airstrike on a bot map" thread as time allows. Done]

Leveling Opportunities

-New on-map Turn In Quests

-Challenge Dungeons

New Player Friendliness 

-Newbie gathering area with helpful NPCs-established users will be able to access this area as well to help. 

-Item Restricted Newbie WoE/PVP areas

Job Change Improvements

-Re-evaluating old job change quests

PVP

-KVM with Flavius Rewards

-Tierra Gorge/Flavius improvements

Here's what we have on our schedule on the early part of the year

January

22nd-Fixing Valfreyja Castles to prevent recall glitching

28th-Janeway Improvements (earth endows for gargoyle quests, and more)

February

4th-Juperos Dungeon Turn In, Re-evaluation of Mage Job change quest

Also will be adding Asgard Village Mk. I (Old Payon) as a new player hub which will have helpers for the first job quests as we complete the re-evaluations. Looking at having free warps to 1st level of dungeons and other helpful NPCs to encourage grouping. Done]

11th-New Challenge Dungeon- Hero's Trail Part 1 monsters with TBD drops Done]

18th-Re-evaluation of Swordsman Job change quest [Done]

March

4th-Reduce WoE 2 castles by 2, full econ/defense reset (alchemist/blacksmith reset)

11th-New Challenge Dungeon-Hero's Trail 2 Monsters 

April

Woe 1 Rebalance, full econ/defense reset

Thank you very much for your suggestions and feedback. 

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

-Adding quest missions to old quests so you can keep track of where you are in the quest

I nominate seals quests first!

WoE Improvement

-Reducing castles

-Economy resets

-Investigating possible reduction of power of ultra-powerful mvp cards during WoE.

Any mvp power card reduction is going to have to be extremely well reasoned and you'll need to understand the purposes and uses of various mvp cards. I'd say 99% of mvp cards are fine, I can only think of one that creates a problem. A single uber powerful character or two is what makes WoE fun (to me) I enjoy chasing that one guy around... or being that one guy. Anyway, tread with caution as these cards are what makes iRO unique.

Anti-Bot/Cheating

-The GMs will be watching for tickets with the subject [CLASSIC WOE WATCH] during the hours of Woe 1 and 2 for requests to monitor specific individuals for suspect activity during woe. 

To send in to this group, use that subject line. In the body of the message all we need is the name of the character, the guild and a quick blurb about what they are doing. We do not require screenshots and videos at that step, but it's recommended that you add a reply to your ticket later with that information if you have it.

About damn time.

22nd-Fixing Valfreyja Castles to prevent recall glitching

:p_sick:

Also will be adding Asgard Village Mk. I (Old Payon) as a new player hub which will have helpers for the first job quests as we complete the re-evaluations. Looking at having free warps to 1st level of dungeons and other helpful NPCs to encourage grouping.

Will established characters be able to access this area? Being able to guide new players is huge.

18th-Re-evaluation of Swordsman Job change quest

Walking in a straight line is hard, you're best to just look at other job changes first lol

4th-Reduce WoE 2 castles by 2, full econ/defense reset (alchemist/blacksmith reset)

Woooooohooooo. Which castles are looking to be snipped? I know there are more issues with loot when it comes to juno castles than valf.

Woe 1 Rebalance, full econ/defense reset

WoE 1 is very much more active, thus it doesnt suffer the same way was WoE 2. Could we get an idea of what rebalance in WoE 1 could entail?

Lastly: Suggestion:

I saw no mention of Looking at castle loots. It's a thing!

Edited by Xellie, 22 January 2015 - 03:35 PM.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

Can't find anything worth complaining about. Good job. lol

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Walking in a straight line is hard, you're best to just look at other job changes first lol

-will feedback more later

The goal is to cycle through the job change quests and fix the descriptions where they are vague, oddly worded, or just flat out lying. Also to make sure that they are added to the quest mission properly.

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

Woe 1 Rebalance, 

To explain this; there are certain cards/gear that are very strong. Our thought is to update the items so that ONLY in WoE their power is reduced. They are still going to be some of the best gears out there but even the playing field a little more.

#6 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

To explain this; there are certain cards/gear that are very strong. Our thought is to update the items so that ONLY in WoE their power is reduced. They are still going to be some of the best gears out there but even the playing field a little more.

Won't this require action by kRO since it changes functionality? Will they go for that? Or do you guys have the capability to make these kind of changes?

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Love it. Having something like this to refer to is great. Thanks for putting it together ^^

Not to be skeptical, but I'll be hesitant to show people this thread with regards to you guys being proactive about health of the server until at least one of these points is checked off. Saying what you'll do and actually doing it are totally different beasts. That "other" server is going through some hard times right now due to lots of miscommunication, changes that weren't requested, and promises that weren't kept. One of the GMs put together an apology and a vague idea of where they want to go, but no one actually believes him due to those issues I mentioned.

Really hoping this goes somewhere.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 22 January 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

Won't this require action by kRO since it changes functionality? Will they go for that? Or do you guys have the capability to make these kind of changes?

On the classic server we can do this.

There are things we cant change but this is one of those things we can.

#9 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

Amazing list, gj guyz! But let us know before buff/nerf things, please.

#10 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

Changing MVP card effects (any) for woe would be horrible at this point in time. People have given up months/years of minimal sleep durring nights to ensure camping for a MVP card solely because of the cards effect. Changes like that would literally be stealing thousands of hours of time away from specific players with absolutely no compensation.

Buff ifrit MVP card and moonlight flower if your going to do anything with mvps.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Buff ifrit MVP card and moonlight flower if your going to do anything with mvps.

j/s if moonlight gets buffed then so should sleipnir

#12 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

To be fair if the server closed they would lose those thousands of hours anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

Changing MVP card effects (any) for woe would be horrible at this point in time. People have given up months/years of minimal sleep durring nights to ensure camping for a MVP card solely because of the cards effect. Changes like that would literally be stealing thousands of hours of time away from specific players with absolutely no compensation.

times change though and updates happen

#14 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

I feel like server health is more important than any one player's MVP items, regardless of whatever "investments" they've made. Besides, they're still going to be absurdly powerful effects, just not ridiculously so, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

#15 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Love all the quality of life changes. Be careful when updating the job change quests, most people will head to the various resources that have been around forever and if they're not up to date and the quests are not clear enough it's going to be a huge issue. One thing I'd like to see for some of the quests is modifying the conversation with an NPC after they send you somewhere, it's usually "Hey go and see xyz he's to the north somewhere" add in co-ordinates and a map name if its not near by.

Also getting a place for new player to meet and get together is great, but I'd like somewhere for everyone too. I have this level 70 Wizard I'd love to level, I could ask someone to slave me but that's not too fun. I just dont know where I'd find anyone to group with right now.

If you're going to remove forts you need to start planning on what you're going to do with castle treasure. You should probably take the opportunity to solve some of the issues people have been having for the last two years (like the enormous piles of pre-trans gear that just keep adding up with no real way to offload them in a timely manner). Make sure you plan this out ahead of time and let people know, springing any changes on people will probably end poorly.

I really dont see why you need to be looking at nerfing FBH Card, because lets be honest that's really the only thing you're looking at. It's really only a problem because of how many exist due to RMT/duping. It's only super strong when combined with a Mind Break, consider implementing rules to prevent people from Mind Breaking with unguilded characters to make it easier for them to spot/kill as that's been a regular complaint from people.

I'd also like to suggest you privately track the number of existing MVP cards and keep an eye on it week by week. You'll probably be able to notice trends and be able to spot any sudden spikes not explained by drop events. You also may be able to spot people suddenly finding themselves with a bunch of MVP cards not backed up by relevant trades or loans.

#16 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

I don't expect there to be too major of changes to the first class job change quests, but we do need to add quest missions to them if they don't already pop up so just in case somebody forgets who they are supposed to talk to there's some way for them to check without having to talk to the last NPC they interacted with. If there are changes I'll make sure to add them or have a community member update the wiki. 

Also, almost done with the classic monster drop tables, just getting the ingame names and ID numbers all sync'd up. 

#17 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

how could we say they are mvp cards and god items when they lose their power in WOE. ppls spend tons of time and hard work to farm just wanna be strong in WOE. WOE is not a solo game,best team work and normal gears can defeat many MVP soldiers.

lose a war is not that terrible.the terrible is to complain opponents too strong.

the War is not to sympathy for the weak,but improve urself find the ally research the tactics and defeat the strong.

Edited by kruim21, 22 January 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#18 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

As far as 1st class job changes go, I think the Thief quest is probably the most annoying. Familiars hunger for newb flesh, and mushroom hunting has always been tedious.

#19 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Janeway... the only thing I can really see a problem with her is the lack of equipment. I don't think it'd be very difficult for my newly created assassin to take out the gargoyles (or these archer skeletons for that matter) without burning through all the novice pots if I had better armor than the jacket I luckily found while hunting thief bugs. A hat, garment, a guard, and shoes would be nice.

The difference between Renewal's Janeway and Classic's is with Renewal, you got the first tier Eden armor after doing a few of the quests, and you received over 500 novice pots. So far in Classic, I've received a couple hundred novice pots, and two weapons. Luckily I opted for the katar for my assassin, as the dagger is the same as the first one we got. On Renewal, you really didn't have any issues with funds because of the pots and gear until you were done and ready to trans. You could, however, use that gear and remaining pots to hunt stuff to sell. On Classic, personally, imo, your better off skipping Janeway, NOT the Novice Training Grounds. At least there, you got some teleport and Kafra storage tickets. No point in Janeway if you still have to do the Training Ground quests and grind normally to be able to afford some gear.

Another thing I've been thinking about: I know it was introduced to Renewal after the New World and such, and Classic is supposed to be "frozen in time",  but with all these updates and new stuff coming in, what about adding Malangdo? The cathand gloves would make it a snap for newbies to make some money, and they'd have access to a cheap slotted accessory to put a newly purchased card in.

#20 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ so hard.

Can you talk about what you're planning to do for Janeway? I havent gone back after you added the potions so I'm not sure how much easier that makes it. But I feel that you still need more out of it for it to be something you can expect people to use and then have them not just quit after being abandoned.

Also cool beans about the drop tables.

#21 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

how could we say they are mvp cards and god items when they lose their power in WOE. ppls spend tons of time and hard work to farm just wanna be strong in WOE. WOE is not a solo game,best team work and normal gears can defeat many MVP soldiers.

lose a war is not that terrible.the terrible is to complain opponents too strong.

the War is not to sympathy for the weak,but improve urself find the ally research the tactics and defeat the strong.

You're forgetting that this is a game, the point of which is to have fun. Being constantly dominated by the same people every time isn't fun for most people, and they'll quit long before they capitulate to any notions of "improving themselves, finding allies, and researching tactics to defeat the strong". 

On some level, I agree that nerfs to OP items isn't really the answer...but unless you want to design a system that will help get people geared enough to compete in a timely fashion, to hell with your toys.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

^ That's not really it at all.

There's very few cards in the game that can be stacked up to brutally assault a group of players, rather than just affect one player. I can only think of 4 (and luckily there's only one of one of those on the server) cards offhand that can be "stacked" to wipe a guild inside a CP within seconds. There's also no drawback on a server where you're not in a situation where you're in danger and/or have infinite supplies. Crystal fragments and blue pots from BG come to mind.

And that is assuming the other side has equal gear.

now that I think about it infinite Crystal frags is pretty silly haha

Consider also some of the unique gear/food availability on classic buffs some of the current mvp cards even further.

Edited by Xellie, 22 January 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#23 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Just curious, why haven't MVP cards been named like God Items?  

#24 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

i assume they lose it when they get slotted

#25 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

I don't think you can name slotted gear.

Maybe they could make an NPC that takes a card + a footgear and create a new unslotted footgear with the effects of the card. That way it could be named at that point. (keeping refine and everything as well)

Edited by Scuba, 22 January 2015 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users