Culvert of Abys monsters level - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Culvert of Abys monsters level

17 replies to this topic

#1 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:17 AM

I know there are whay more important gamebreaking bugs right now but since i guess this can be an easy thing to fix and would improve the game experience a lot i'll try to give out my idea. Right now CoA raid is quite useless until ml21 when you get the quest to deliver a letter to Rat Master or if you want go in chaos dungeon to farm greenseedrunes. Now the CoA monsters and bosses were already buffed to match the new ml power but their level remained the old one so the ml21 players that do that dungeon don't get any exp. I want suggest to change ONLY the monsters/bosses levels and the exp gained per monster if they are around lv71 they will give out exp from ml16 to ml26. Whit this simple change there will be one more reason to run that raid: it will be a nice way to stop the grind for a bit in osiris but still gaining exp, will stop the feeling to waste time completing the RM quest (lack of gained exp), new players that need the quest to unlock chaos dungeon will find party in a easier way.

I posted this topic here since i wasn't sure if consider this as a suggestion or a bug to fix. I hope gravity will push for this change since i think it's only a number to change and wont need too much work but can help the game experience a lot.

#2 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Server:IM JUST A STALKER

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

http://forums.warppo...-notes-8202014/ Section E. It was mentioned before but raid dungeons didnt got a rebalance, they still have the same attack power / hp / level. They should fix it first :)

#3 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

http://forums.warppo...-notes-8202014/ Section E. It was mentioned before but raid dungeons didnt got a rebalance, they still have the same attack power / hp / level. They should fix it first :)

I assure you the CoA monsters and bosses were buffed, you can ask any old players that play since LOTR , when AoV came out monsters in CoA were soloable by any ML player and at that time Osiris gears didn't exist;

first they buffed monsters HP and also the adds HP was buffed to match the others mobs one,

second they buffed also the bosses HP BUT most important they add HIT to them all since at that time the new amount of AGI on the ML gears(after the buff) was enough to dodge quite all their attacks

and last they buffed their attack power a bit (it could be buffed a bit more except for the music brothers that are already a pain ).

Proves are in the game too since AoD raid that has to be the harder one is the easiest one instead since it didn't have the same buffs 

#4 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

Its still soloable tho, not a big change they've made.

#5 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

Its still soloable tho, not a big change they've made.

said the ML30 assassin....

Unfortuantely what I'm pointing out is something that seems you can't understand or simply don't care

1st the game is not all "the last level" who cares if an ML30 can do it alone?

2nd not all the classes can do easily what yours do (try to run CoA whit a wiz and try to kill piani and brothers)

3rd the fact that something isn't perfect doesn't allow you to just ignore the changes done and the changes that can be done and help.

Since VCR are the only ones that can check the updates at an hearly stages why no one pointed out this problem?

#6 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

I could solo AoD when I was ML20 without any unrefined gears when this patch was out . U didnt get what I was trying to say D: 

#7 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

Feels like we're arguing, pointing out same things. Whatever u say makes sense since raids are useless and this topic needs attention. Completing those raids are useful for so few things, like unlocking chaos dungeon for seedfarm and unlocking SC dungeon, and players are ignoring it cuz its boring..

#8 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

Feels like we're arguing, pointing out same things. Whatever u say makes sense since raids are useless and this topic needs attention. Completing those raids are useful for so few things, like unlocking chaos dungeon for seedfarm and unlocking SC dungeon, and players are ignoring it cuz its boring..

at last this arguing leave the toping on the upper part of the forum XD

I really don't know why developers don't try to reuse these contents they are already there they don't need to realize them from zeros

#9 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

RIP the raiding system, they ruined it with ML and those new raids (!) AS/SC/HC arent funny at all ..

#10 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

CoA and AoD are supposed to be lvl 50 raid dungeons..that what they said in the loading screen..i remember the time when i was still ML5 warrior joining 10-man raid for CoA and the others player all ML20 except me..they kicked me because they though the dungeon is too hard for ML5 and recruiting another ML20..the point is lvl 50 dungeon more like ML20 dungeon..

HC is definite boring, SC is hard if you don't know the trick but AS is difficult even with a party of ML30s..(in my pov)

#11 shuve

shuve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Instead of buffing the Bapho/Arena/COA/AOD Hard Mode dungeon, i prefer the developer would release one level above Hard mode called legend/end game mode.

In this mode:

1. The dungeon should be adjusted to current level cap or higher, so must be done by raid

2. The loot item should be current tier weapon or equipment or recipe (adjusted per new patch)

3. Drop rate 100% and weekly dungeon lock system  

This should revive the old good raid days….

Edited by shuve, 25 January 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#12 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

I tried Culvert of Abbyss when I was a low ML, and a single mob kicked my ass.

I went back with a three-man raid to do RM when i was ML15, and that went better. I accompanied a couple ML30s on a farming boss session and MiniMongi's debuff killed me.

As an ML20 full osi set, mobs are easier 1 on 1, take a few  on you and you need a heal pet or pots. I accidentally aggro'd the Rock star bosses once and was insta-killed. Tried solo'ing Aromine, and that went better with heal pets, but in the end she spawned more frogs than i could kill+outheal, so i died.

The problem with people's complaints about Raids is that they want to make old content that was meant for lvl50 chars, be adapted for endgame players. Raids aren't easy to solo at normal levels, without heal pets or OP gear. 

So IMO, you could still run raids with low MLs if you wanted to, granted you'd have additional skills if you saved your resets and the ML gear is much better. So it wouldn't be the same as a lvl50 raid, but it would still be hard. 

The solution isn't to buff current raids even more, but to fix the ones that were meant for ML30s. It would be a mistake to remove content from the middle stage and scale it up to endgame stages. In that note, I don't think the OP solution would be much better either, if anything, level should be set at 55 for CoA (to be attractive to ML1-ML10) and 65 for AoD (for ML10-ML20).

Edited by faku1810, 26 January 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#13 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

the problem is that whit that ML21 quest developers already decided to set CoA at ml21 level but they didn't adjusted the exp gained (aka mobs level)

#14 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

I tried Culvert of Abbyss when I was a low ML, and a single mob kicked my ass.

I went back with a three-man raid to do RM when i was ML15, and that went better. I accompanied a couple ML30s on a farming boss session and MiniMongi's debuff killed me.

As an ML20 full osi set, mobs are easier 1 on 1, take a few  on you and you need a heal pet or pots. I accidentally aggro'd the Rock star bosses once and was insta-killed. Tried solo'ing Aromine, and that went better with heal pets, but in the end she spawned more frogs than i could kill+outheal, so i died.

The problem with people's complaints about Raids is that they want to make old content that was meant for lvl50 chars, be adapted for endgame players. Raids aren't easy to solo at normal levels, without heal pets or OP gear. 

So IMO, you could still run raids with low MLs if you wanted to, granted you'd have additional skills if you saved your resets and the ML gear is much better. So it wouldn't be the same as a lvl50 raid, but it would still be hard. 

The solution isn't to buff current raids even more, but to fix the ones that were meant for ML30s. It would be a mistake to remove content from the middle stage and scale it up to endgame stages. In that note, I don't think the OP solution would be much better either, if anything, level should be set at 55 for CoA (to be attractive to ML1-ML10) and 65 for AoD (for ML10-ML20).

You needed perfect timing and coordination among many other things to kill ratmaster back in the day.

Nothing comparable to "welp', they might kill you if you don't have OP gear so they're hard" that they're now, not to mention than any ML30 can solo them easily. 

That last part is true. Tho.

#15 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

Does anyone read this part of the forum? 0_o

#16 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

You needed perfect timing and coordination among many other things to kill ratmaster back in the day.

Nothing comparable to "welp', they might kill you if you don't have OP gear so they're hard" that they're now, not to mention than any ML30 can solo them easily. 

That last part is true. Tho.

Well, yeah. I've seen a few videos of old raids. The mechanics are still there though, so even if being ML30 you can ignore that and tank it; being a low level you still have to worry about them, regardless of your gear.

My point was mostly to show that people shouldn't keep saying "you can solo them, raids are boring" because that doesn't really apply except under particular circumstances (high level, OP gear, pet heals, etc).

Reality is that if you made a party of low level characters you could still have fun. But people don't want to make new alts to have fun, they want fun to come to their main chars while they afk in a city.

#17 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

Does anyone read this part of the forum? 0_o

lol, I feel you, your main point being ignored.  :heh:

#18 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Regardless of whether the raids have been buffed or not -

There are currently a few different ways to revitalize this old content that are being tossed around, but they need to be really fleshed out before we submit them for review. The ideas are:

• Buff the raids to the current max level (as stated above). Personally, I don't really like this idea for a few reasons:
    • Lower level characters would not be capable of joining in at all
    • The raids would need to continue to receive updates each time the level cap expands
  • Add a new, harder, difficulty to the old raids, that brings the difficulty up to the current max level. Again, not a huge fan because:
    • Lower leveled characters might have a hard time getting help if they want to use the content
    • The raids would need to continue to receive updates each time the level cap expands
  • Add a level reduction system to reduce characters' stats and skills to what it should be for that particular raid (in these cases, level 50). They can still wear their own gear, but won't be so OP as to think "I can just solo this, so whatever" This was my idea, so I'm obviously in favor xD but here's the downsides anyway:
    • More development time upfront, which means the change will take longer to put into place. However, it wouldn't need to be updated with each level expansion
    • Since you're not OP and can't think "Oh whatever I can solo this" ... you'll actually need to find a team, and a good one.
    • Even more development time, I'd also request that the drops get updated as well, so that VP1, VP2, and VP3 can be exchanged for other goods - maybe even exchanged for MP.

However, I think this may help revitalize them the best because:

• Anybody level 50+ can participate, and everybody will have an equal playing field. No more "oh I need a ML30, because an ML10 or ML20 isn't going to be able to survive at all" (which isn't true, btw).
  • It would hopefully bring back the "glory days" that everybody is so fond of talking about, without requiring everybody to have another set of gear, assuming your gear gets scaled to a similar set's stats.
  • I would also suggest this gets applied to Normal/Hard Dungeons, so that the newer players would be able to experience the dungeons as they were intended should they choose to do the dungeon quests. Hopefully, having the dungeon be a fun challenge might increase the chance that higher level players stop AFKing long enough to go help out once in a while. Maybe I'm just dreaming.
  • Those elusive Chef materials and recipes might actually drop if people use the content, meaning the Chefs can make some of their best foods more often.

Overall it's a fairly tough subject, because "oh you can skip that, you don't need it" but at the same time "we have nothing to do!"

Just my input on the subject  :ho:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users