Newbie Questions for Mado Mechanic - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie Questions for Mado Mechanic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm basically a new player who thankfully got in during the Janeway event. I was able to make and get a Blacksmith to level 99, and then I transcended and am now a Mastersmith level 85. All I know at this point is that I would like to be a Mado Mechanic when I get to 3rd class.

I've read the guides available in the forum, but if its not too much trouble, can I ask for an ELI5 regarding status points? I've been accruing the stats but not allocating them because I don't want to mess up. In particular, can someone give me a guide on what my stats should look like at levels 99, 110, 125, 150 and 175? I've heard that the Juperos portion of the job change is a pain, so what stat allocation would get me through it AND still be good for Mado?

Thank you very much everyone!

#2 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hey there. I would recommend leveling up as an Axe/Mace Mechanic with Axe Tornado and auto attacks for the first 20 something job levels. You can do it as Mado, but it's much harder and zeny consuming. Your main leveling skill is Arm Cannon, and you won't max that till around job 23ish, and that's with skipping core Mado skills. You can then reset your skills and stats when you're ready.

It is possible to level Mado with Ice Launcher and Knuckle Boost, but it's the more difficult route. As for stats you want to prioritize Str/Vit/Dex for mobbing with Axe Tornado, or Str/Agi/Dex/Vit hybrid of some sort to level with auto attacks. As a Mado Mech, you want Str for damage, Vit for tankyness, Dex for cast time, and Int for sp and cast time. You want to build like a physical caster that is kind of tanky.

As for the Mechanic test, you don't have to fight the monsters, you can use a Frilldora carded garment to cloak your way through. If you have more questions feel free to pm me. I love talking about my class.

#3 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

Bronx is right about the stats.

When I transitioned from Mastersmith to Mechanic, I stayed at the low TI/GH Churchyard for a while. I taxed myself 50% and would pump everything into job, and when I was close to a base level, I'd kill myself with Dead Branches. Then continue to do TI's getting job levels.

I want to suggest gathering items for the Pile Bunker Weapon, it's a nice weapon for Mado Mech's.

#4 Kabod

Kabod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Note that you need some funds to start Mado so you might need to stay Lv. 99/100 for a while. Beyond Lv. 100, you won't be able to loot easily at mid TI nor complete counts, considering your level.

While you're still at low TI, go on a looting spree, just don't do this when you're in a party doing counts. Also, save some Magical Stones, you're going to need them since you need to reset your stats from Axe to Mado. Be sure to check ragial every now and then for some cheap but decent items to resell. Who knows, you might end up buying a mispriced item that's worth a lot (Let's set aside morals). You can also read not-too-outdated guides on how to earn zeny. The rest of your money should go towards a Neuralizer to reset skills and a Heavy Lifter Box for extra weight capacity.

For stats, I'm assuming you went Agi build as a Mastersmith (The guide at irowiki for Blacksmith). This build should be fine when dealing with the monsters during job change. You can Cart Ram the monsters if you don't have someone to lend you a Frilldora carded garment or just can't afford one. Bring some Aloe Leaflets and Anodynes with you if you decide to kill on sight.

It's hard to give an exact stat build because some builds are kind of gear dependent. If you can, would you please post your current level and stats so we have a better idea on how to allocate them.

I agree with the posts above, it isn't a good idea to go Mado with a low job level; you're going to have to settle for Axe for now then convert to Mado later on.

Edited by Kabod, 28 January 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

I just go mado straight off. A Pile Bunker is a must for full damage, but I level off of flame launcher and maybe a bit of ice launcher too. An interesting thing to note is how uber pile bunker is with cart revolution. With a hurricane fury as mastersmith I did maybe 4k-5k (can't remember exactly) but I think a pile bunker did 6k-7k. This is without heavy metaling card. With 6k-7k AOE you can totally grind enough job levels to get to flame launcher / arm cannon. I mean the EXP and monsters you fight aren't that different from when you are a 97-99 Mastersmith so if you are soloing those levels with cart revolution you can totally do it for a few more levels as mech.

#6 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

when i was mado the first time, i leveled using axe tornado in TI and doing eden board quest, after i maxed my mado license, then collecting job level until i got ice launcher until maxed, then i resetted my skill, and start using ice launcher in TI until arm cannon level 2. then using arm cannon all the way until eternity.

why i suggest switching from axe tornado to ice launcher? coz you can use pile bunker and shield.

#7 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

Most Mastersmiths are Vit-Str-Agi builds. You can keep doing this for a while even as a Mech until you have enough resources to Restat, it's the hybrid build. Those guys end up being either Axe Mechs, or Knuckle Boost/Ice Launcher/Vulcan arm Madomechs. Like any other hybrids of this game, they are not the best(biggest dps) option a class can have, but their key point is that they're affordable at the low 100s right after class change. They may not have as good DPS as max Dex build Armcannon Madomechs, but they can fight off Mechs unlike arms cannon mechs. When you're on suit and rely on your knuckle boost/vulcan arms/ice launchers, it's much cheaper than arm cannon or cart ram style of leveling. So basically you can choose not to deal with the dumb overheating nonsense when you start receiving that debuff, or if you die in a party and resed with no suit, you can sacrifice some money to finish off those last bit of kill counts. Their stat allocation is simple; just add dex until 120 from your mastersmiths days without resetting, and after reaching 120 dex, dump stats on vit and int. Your key gear for this is high upgraded turkey on your head, Pile Bunker or EA Hurricane Fury, temporal dex boots, and glorious ring/medal of honor(eventually replaced by Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo).

#8 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

If you can get your hands on a Pile Bunker, you can stick with cart revo'ing mobs with it for the first few job levels.

When I did get Ice Launcher to level 2,I did desert wolves and Magma dungeon 1 mobbing.  After getting Arm Cannon level 2, I started doing Magma 2 and Glast Heim Raydrics.

#9 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

Everyone, thank you so much for the replies! Im nearing 99/70 thanks to the free vip (which I cant live without now) and im nearing the dreaded job change. I am a casual player (was, now that I know the power of VIP. RIP my thesis) and was just happy scraping by while leveling so I dont have the funds for a frilldora garment (for job change) or a pile bunker (for after). So ill just have to tough it out with anodyne I guess. I went Str Dex Vit Int with just 3 agi as Mastersmith.

Does flywings work in the job change area?

Ill probably look for ways to make zeny after i change. i heard selling silvervines or neuralizers was the way to go. ill probably try those.

Again thanks guys! Will post progress as I go.
Everyone, thank you so much for the replies! Im nearing 99/70 thanks to the free vip (which I cant live without now) and im nearing the dreaded job change. I am a casual player (was, now that I know the power of VIP. RIP my thesis) and was just happy scraping by while leveling so I dont have the funds for a frilldora garment (for job change) or a pile bunker (for after). So ill just have to tough it out with anodyne I guess. I went Str Dex Vit Int with just 3 agi as Mastersmith.

Does flywings work in the job change area?

Ill probably look for ways to make zeny after i change. i heard selling silvervines or neuralizers was the way to go. ill probably try those.

Again thanks guys! Will post progress as I go.

#10 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

Man, been so long since I did that quest that I don't remember if fly wings worked or not. I vaguely remember that it didn't, but not sure. Good idea to pack like ~40 anyway, because the entrance to Juperos is a VERY popular bloody branch breaking place. People like to break branches in that place because it's compact.

I, like you, had very small money as a mastersmith and my old guilds sucked so I had no support. Still don't have a lot of money, but I can earn some quick cash much faster than when I was a smith, if I can give that as a motivation for you to level. Instead of using frilldora on garment, I got by putting on shinobi carded nile rose, and hugged the wall. That card was 1/10th price of frilldora back then, and luckily, looks like that didn't change too much now. The sucky thing about this is that you still need to take care of the lingering few dimiks around the area where you have to step on switches.

Pack two alligator carded accessories and a horn carded shield on you when you get there, all of those guys are ranged attackers. Errende Ebecce will also work.

You should make your own pile bunker instead of buying one. Irons are easy to get from Firelock Soldier, Iron Ores are from ant hell eggs if you don't want to hunt firelocks, and coals are easily gotten from Banaspaty. Alternatively, if you have a Gene friend with Change Material, you can instantly make steel from Tsurugi which are sold in Prontera Weapons shop. Doing that allows you to make 200 steel with 8 mil, and if Brocca stays its current market price, which is 20 mil, you can make a pile bunker with 28 mil which is better than spending 40 mil to buy pile bunker right away. Hell, if you can pan handle from some players of guild hangouts some agate, citrin, biotite, or hammer of blacksmiths, you could MAKE your own brocca too. Plus you learn a little more about your class.

Selling silvervines or neutralizers.. I don't know. I think it's a better use of your money to sell WPE or KP instead, to be honest.

Edited by seaechiowai, 02 February 2015 - 12:04 AM.

#11 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

So I just turned into a Mechanic  :lv:

p2eel5E.jpg

And I have just availed of the 1500 30 day VIP + 1500 KP. And lemme tell you, I'm a paranoid nut so I was a bit hard pressed to use my credit card online (which I never do) but the free VIP will run out tonight and I don't think I can play without VIP anymore. Anyway, what do you guys suggest I do with the KP to make the most zeny?

When I first changed, I leveled up to Job 5, put 4 points in Mado License and 1 point in Knuckle Boost and went to town. I loved it, haha, I was so happy I was laughing out loud like a crazy person.  :heh:  But I decided that it would be faster if I could AOE so I reset my skills and have gone Axe for now. But since I'll be staying at base 99 until Job 20, I can freely reset the skills then when I'll go Mado.

#12 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

You don't need 120 Dex. 100 Dex is good enough. People started going 120 Dex because they seen someone else go 120 Dex with Temporal Dex Boots, and since people mindlessly follow others in this game, a generation of 120 Dex characters were born.

You might be better off going with a 120 Str build. Mado Mechanics have to carry a lot of items, so the bonus weight capacity comes in handy. Your damage scales off of Str more than Dex, and all of your skills cannot be interrupted so your cast time is nit that much of an issue anyway. You can also choose to not raise any stats past 100 base, to achieve a more balanced stat build, as the points used to go from 100 to 120 in any one stat, is enough status points to raise another stat from 1 to 99.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users