#1 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:IM JUST A STALKER

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Can I suggest to put a limit to siege gears that guilds can put? Some guilds are putting mass amount of siege units that causes lag, its also bad when u recall, map loads so slow and u die before u have a chance to act. 

#2 bluezak

bluezak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

I think its fine. we managed long time ago.

#3 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

It's most definitely not fine. I have a very fast computer and net and none of the emp or guardians loaded after a recall our guild did today. We got wiped before I even got to target the emp lol

#4 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

they should make the build territory of the siege weapon bigger

that way cata planted are actually used and not spammed even if nobody is using it

+doing it might bring some change in gameplay

for example once inside attacker could destroy the owners siege and plant their own to prevent them from rebuilding near emps 

#5 kangsera

kangsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

original.jpg?1422251651

Definitely NOT fine! Look at this, you literally can't even see the ground. Wasn't there supposed to be a space requirement in between 2 seize weapons? Why is it being bypassed. You can't even click or tab into the emperium, guardians or other players at all. How pathetic

Can I suggest a space buffer surrounding the emperium where you are not able to build sieze towers so they're not used as shields =.=

Edited by kangsera, 25 January 2015 - 09:38 PM.

#6 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

original.jpg?1422251651

Definitely NOT fine! Look at this, you literally can't even see the ground. Wasn't there supposed to be a space requirement in between 2 seize weapons? Why is it being bypassed. You can't even click or tab into the emperium, guardians or other players at all. How pathetic

Can I suggest a space buffer surrounding the emperium where you are not able to build sieze towers so they're not used as shields =.=

There's actually a bug right now where you can stack siege weapons on top of each other. 

#7 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

Characters dont have collision box with each other many people could occupy same space 

#8 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

oh wow... that screenie... i don't even know how... I'm kinda speechless.

I've gotten "cannot place" popups by trying to put some too close together so i have no idea how that is even possible!! 

I need to edit a few videos of dying and then everything loads afterwards with me just saying "uh what?!"

#9 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

Well, there are the 'can't build here' messages, if you try to build a siege weapon to close to each other. Can't tell, if the shown scenario is caused by a lag issue or is a real exploit. But other common lag 'features' are: Unable to shoot siege weapons, unble to leave them and the likelyness to lose several supplies without actually building a single one (the clicks are recognized and supplies consumed, but the siege weapons are never built).

It's most definitely not fine. I have a very fast computer and net and none of the emp or guardians loaded after a recall our guild did today. We got wiped before I even got to target the emp lol

An easy fix for that would be to ban Urgent Recall ;) . Then, your fast computers wouldn't be forced to load all  siege weapons simultaneously. In fact, even without any of them nearby and despite deactivated character visuals, the game still causes a massive delay on my computer.

Edited by Greven79, 26 January 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#10 xFrozenApples

xFrozenApples

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Server:IM JUST A STALKER

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

An easy fix for that would be to ban Urgent Recall ;) . Then, your fast computers wouldn't be forced to load all  siege weapons simultaneously. In fact, even without any of them nearby and despite deactivated character visuals, the game still causes a massive delay on my computer.

There's simply no other way that guilds can walk inside forts when there's a mass siege and some of people are using them , banning recall would just kill woe's. 

#11 kangsera

kangsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

EA9fX6O.jpg

Nothing to do with lag. If I understand chaseme correctly, the game doesn't allow seize gears to be built so close to each other for yourself but it doesn't stop other players from building near yours. That is what's been done here - the purpose is to shield everything so it's impossible for enemies to target you, the guardians or the emperium. Disgusting play

#12 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

No, Urgent recall is not the problem with siege, it is a separate issue all together. 

I find the siege loads faster (not by much) with recall especially in morroc woe than it does hoofing it and needing the map to load all the local textures while running there. No change with alt F12

I do not have a crappy computer or net and hardly ever lag (enough to complain) in woe unless there is siege spam. As of recent, it has been causing multiple game crashes that i had NEVER experienced before this problem arose. I can just imagine how much worse it is for our friends across the pacific.

This is a cheap strategy. Its a close equivalent of DDOSing your enemy so they disconnect and calling then it a mechanic.

No skill, no fun. 

#13 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

Sips coffee

#14 zJuliusx

zJuliusx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationFlorida!

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

I think its fine. we managed long time ago.

Dear god....

#15 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:24 AM

We all need to reroll knights and boomerang siege gear!!

Apart from that the siege is inside siege and breaching the stacked siege restriction they implemented, needs a fix or a change to how it works.

#16 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

Nothing to do with lag. If I understand chaseme correctly, the game doesn't allow seize gears to be built so close to each other for yourself but it doesn't stop other players from building near yours. That is what's been done here - the purpose is to shield everything so it's impossible for enemies to target you, the guardians or the emperium. Disgusting play

No, in any normal situation, you can't build near other siege weapons (no matter if friend of foe)... I tested it! So this can't be the cause.

And if "targeting the emp" is an issue, introduce a no-siege-weapon area in a 15m around it...

(We could then talk about additional targeting features like "ignore non-player targets" or a shortcut for "target nearby emp")

And the 'features' I was talking about aren't caused by a normal lag, more by a "denial of service" issue. The difference is easily visible. If your PC or net would cause the problem, the whole game freezes (no incoming transmissions). If the server simply can't handle more requests, your PC runs perfectly smooth, but all your actions are lost... and the latter is the case quite regularly now (at least for me).

Urgent Recall:

It's not just about the siege weapons, but about the fact that masses of players are cluttered instantly on a certain spot, causing a huge 'lag' up to the point of complete uselessness either way (being the one who uses UR or being on the defense side). And if a Fortress or Castle defended by Siege Weapons is the reason for a necessity of Urgent Recall, simply fix them instead! And remove that **** skill.

It's simply ridiculous that masses of players are twiddling their thumbs until they are teleported even onto a different WoE map, just right on top of the main goal. If that's intented, simply remove walls, cliffs, lakes, kafra flights and many other features, because they became useless and unwanted textures anyways.

Edited by Greven79, 28 January 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#17 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Recall is the main culprit here. How? All members will just built cast it upon recall then built it later. But this is not the a major reason why Recall should be removed.

Just place a minimum distance of building siege weap from the emp and/or disable 'building' for 10 secs upon ecall will solve this.

Edited by RenatoKolokoy, 28 January 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#18 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Recall is the main culprit here. How? All members will just built cast it upon recall then built it later. But this is not the a major reason why Recall should be removed.

Just place a minimum distance of building siege weap from the emp and/or disable 'building' for 10 secs upon ecall will solve this.

I brought this up, because in any normal situations, you aren't able to place siege weapons that close to each other.

So for me, the only explanation that excludes hacks is a delay between the check for an available space and the actual placement of the siege weapons.

F.e. if 10 players attempt to build a catapult, they all start a request at the same time. The system then checks, if it's allowed to build  there and at that point, there's might not be any other siege weapon. Depending on the implementation, all of them might get an 'ok' and are able to build them, ignoring the normal limitations. And Urgent Recall create or at least highly favors synchronization issues.

But even beside all this, that skill bypasses any PvP or tactical aspects. You're able to bypass opposing players as well as any siege weapons, up to the point where a whole guild just rushes to the emp. Great game!

So even random fights outside the normal sieges are better than the actual WoE.

That's why the devs would IMO solve two issues by removing Urgent Recall.

(of course it's possible to alter the cooldown and set the skill on a cooldown as soon as WoE starts)

Edited by Greven79, 29 January 2015 - 02:24 AM.

#19 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:06 AM

It would be nice if call doesnt exist 

i think it would open up WoE to a higher level of strategic plays 

Guild would then be defined by how well their members follow plays 

and how well their GM assess situations 

scouting would have more meaning. 

so is spying on enemy guild XD

#20 saoLian

saoLian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

Removing Recall?
This is a suggestion of a guild that just sit and afk on their fort for 1 hour during woe time.Because maybe their alliance already monopolized all fort in woe map
But for a guild fighting to a big alliance composed of 6-7 guilds . it would be hard for them to have a chance without the use of recall.
Entrances can be easily camped. And we all know that  for a  guild to destroy a gate or an empellium it need it's full power especially if their alliance is not as big as the enemy's alliance.
Soon . then, ^ ^trying hard^^ guild will stop participating woe and it will make woe stagnant and boring again.
Actually that spamming of sieges can also be done even without recall. Just porting out and in to your fort ,since the siege weapon load slow you can still build a siege so close to each other.So removing recall is not really the solution here.

Sieges spamming is the problem here.
so i would like to suggest.
1)Totally remove seige weapons .Woe will be just Mere PVP and empellium breaking.
2)Require a large amount of woe supplies to build a seige.
3)and what kangsera said ,^^ Can I suggest a space buffer surrounding the emperium where you are not able to build sieze towers so they're not used as shields =.=

#21 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

^i guess thats the difference here in freya to odin

freya doesnt have much Big guilds 

not all forts get attacked on WoE time 

so big guild just leave 1 guy in fort while the main force attack other forts 

--wouldnt you be in much more of a disadvantage since they have more e-calls than you 

Edited by chaseme, 29 January 2015 - 03:33 AM.

#22 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

But even beside all this, that skill bypasses any PvP or tactical aspects. You're able to bypass opposing players as well as any siege weapons, up to the point where a whole guild just rushes to the emp. Great game!

So even random fights outside the normal sieges are better than the actual WoE.

That's why the devs would IMO solve two issues by removing Urgent Recall.

(of course it's possible to alter the cooldown and set the skill on a cooldown as soon as WoE starts)

Recall is a good tactical skill for guilds who wants to own a fort. It give balance/chance for even small guilds to conquer a fort or even the main castle which handled by big guilds.

The counter balance for this skill is the siege weapons. If the guild in defense mode know how to 'utilized' (I mean - to use, not to SPAM) siege weapons, I'm sure that they can rid the attacking guilds who rushed to the emp using recall. My idea is to set a cool down on building siege weapon every time you entered the map / when recalled to give ample time to load the environment around you. They already did this when they put 10 secs invulnerable buff every time you spawned so I guess they can also put a same kind of fix to the siege weapons.

IMO, If devs remove the recall, they should remove the guardians and siege weapons also.

#23 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

Recall is a good tactical skill for guilds who wants to own a fort. It give balance/chance for even small guilds to conquer a fort or even the main castle which handled by big guilds.

Removing Recall?
This is a suggestion of a guild that just sit and afk on their fort for 1 hour during woe time.Because maybe their alliance already monopolized all fort in woe map But for a guild fighting to a big alliance composed of 6-7 guilds . it would be hard for them to have a chance without the use of recall. Entrances can be easily camped. And we all know that  for a  guild to destroy a gate or an empellium it need it's full power especially if their alliance is not as big as the enemy's alliance.

In my opinion both statements are wrong. Urgent Recall supports Alliances and supports larger guilds and enables guilds to hold even multiple forts / castle.

F.e. if  a guild would attack a fort and there wouldn't be an Urgent Recall, could a guild allianced with the defending side just 'warp-in' to help the defender? Would you expect a whole guild to walk towards another camp 5min before WoE ends? Would it be possible to switch between WoE maps easily? Would it be possible to do nice things like castle swaps? And doesn't Urgent Recall force everyone to just sit and spam siege weapons into the blue, because 100 guys might spawn right on top of the emp? And please tell me how smaller guilds benefit from being instantly wiped by a larger force spawning right next to them... and tell me how smaller guilds benefit from the fact that everyone sits inside a fort spamming siege weapons... maybe I miss something here.

So I am really curious now, how this skill favors PvP?

Because there is a simple, yet very efficient fact: If you can't get teleported, you would actually have to walk there! And any time spent moving means that you're not sitting inside a fort.

But maybe it's simply wrong to actually expect PvP on a PvP map... maybe I have missed the fun fact behind being teleported, hitting the emp a few times and then getting wiped, just to repeat it a few minutes later. Maybe it's the same with all the PK channel requests. It's not about a good fight, just about winning. Maybe it's only about bragging & congratulating each other for being able to select the emp despite the lag or siege weapons...

... or maybe I'm just getting old!

IMO all it takes would be a simple fix for the Protection Stone Statues.... and the remaining siege weapons would 'eliminate' themself sooner or later. Easily done: Simply make the effect a temporary guild skill... you just got one free slot (Urgent Recall).

2)Require a large amount of woe supplies to build a seige.

Now guess what, I even made a suggestion like that: WoE changes - supplies. Got a lot of answers.

Edited by Greven79, 29 January 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#24 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

F.e. if  a guild would attack a fort and there wouldn't be an Urgent Recall, could a guild allianced with the defending side just 'warp-in' to help the defender? Would you expect a whole guild to walk towards another camp 5min before WoE ends? Would it be possible to switch between WoE maps easily? Would it be possible to do nice stuff like castle swaps? And doesn't Urgent Recall force everyone to just sit and spam siege weapons into the blue, just because they fear that 100 guys might spawn right on top of the emp? And please tell me how smaller guilds benefit from 100members instantly spawning on their heads...

So I am really curious, how that skill favors PvP?

I got your point, let's say they removed the recall. Do you think that attacking guilds can reach the emperium? Prolly half of them will be eliminated on the spawn point of the map because most of the defending guild will probably camp beside the entrance. What if the half that passed through the entrance reached the fortress, do you think they can reach the emp? No, because siege weapon and the big guardian will just rid all of them.

That's why if they will remove the Urgent Recall, remove all siege weapons and guardian as well because leaving them will promote imbalance. It will bring WOE to a higher level of strategic play if that's gonna happen.

Edited by RenatoKolokoy, 29 January 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#25 saoLian

saoLian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

Better see it with  your eyes ,just attend woe in odin Before you further comment.
 Know the background of the alliance and neutral guilds.And also know who is the owner of each forts.  Let us be realistic here.
Reality Check  .
We only have 2 entrances in Prontera WOE map and 3 entrances in Morroc WOE map.
These entrances can easily be camped. Just  allocate a specific guild in each entrance. And do pk .I doubt one guild can stand a chance to attack or get a fort if they were killed one by one . They may survive but not enough to get or destroy a fort Since there is a defense team in every fort  waiting for them to do the final blow.
So really removing recall is not a solution in this problem.The problem here is how can a defending guild prevent their spam of sieges. .And you are telling a situation that is not really related on it, and bringing out the removal of recall. As i said, that trick of siege spam is not because of recall but by just porting out and in to your fort you can still spam build it because the sieges load slow .

And this -http://forums.warppo...anges-supplies/ i'm glad that we have same idea about it.

I'm not against of disabling woe sieges.Defend your fort by your people not by guardian and sieges,seems cool right. IF you cant defend a fort then search for another one.
.It will avoid the pre-made woe.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users