Event: Valentine's Day Loading Screens - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event: Valentine's Day Loading Screens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

Still fleshing out the details, but wanted to have a place where you can post up your entries!

Basic Rules

1. There will be a maximum of 17 entries that we can take for V Day
2. Must be submitted by 6pm on February 12th
3. Must be own art, no commissioned works. For this contest, sprite work or photoshops of existing RO art are not eligible. 
4. Needs to be new art, no previously submitted work

5. Collaborative works can be eligible as long as the post mentions who did what. Must be a significant contribution by the posting user to the artwork. 

The aspect ratio for these is 4:3, so please submit 800x600 minimum sized images. Larger is better, since we can still scale it down. 

There will be prizes for the 17 best entries, along with three special prizes for the top 3.

Prize for top 3 entries: Heart Ribbon Hairband

Prize for the 14 remaining entries: Costume Carnation Headband

Participation Prize for all entries: Eddga Doll hat[1]-the effects are not set so we weren't able to put it in this month's lucky box. You guys get first crack at it!

Edited by Oda, 13 February 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#2 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

yayayaya for lovely loading screens~

Edit - 

I wanted to make something that showed love for people that have passed on, but through the game we were able to spend time with them and share in their lives before they were lost to us. just because she isn't smiling doesn't mean she isn't completely filled with love. It's just love of a different nature.

valentines_by_tatihana00-d8gdgsj.png

After making this by photo by tradition means and not being able to upload it at a decent resolution..... i went and bought a simple drawing tablet. My hand is cramped, the loading page died on me, I lost the work twice (the second time i remembered to save~) my eyes hurt, my back is worse.... and still i was determined to make a decent showing. so my first digital artwork~ TADA!!!!!!!

Edited by tatihana00, 01 February 2015 - 09:39 PM.

#3 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

*starts sketching* Should I just edit this post when I'm done or just make another post?

#4 bunnywunny

bunnywunny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

512E58B7650A68C881322FA72F0D87F26871D923

Oda, I posted in the other submission thread earlier(last entry of page 5, dated on the 23rd of Jan) as I didn't know that you'd be opening a new thread for this since there wasn't one last year. Not too sure if it's okay, since I posted earlier but I did especially draw it for this Vday. Let me know if it's okay or not otherwise I'd create another.

Thank you and Happy Valantines in advance~  :lv:

Edited by bunnywunny, 27 January 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

That's fine. If you posted a Valentine's day screen in another thread that hasn't been put in game yet, that's fine. 

#6 Narzziza

Narzziza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

Oh my god!! A bit more than 2 weeks! But that should be doable... I will edit it in, once I finished <3

Thanks for putting it in!

#7 kimmiethekookie

kimmiethekookie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAt the bottom of the cookie jar... :3

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Will there be a theme for this one too or just all lovey-dovey stuff for Valentine's Day? :3 

#8 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

Whoops! I don't hope a theme will be introduced now that the contest has already been announced. Some people might have already started working on their pictures.

#9 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

D= My base sketch is already finished, lol. Not that I couldn't turn it into something else but I really like how it's coming out so far. xD

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

Will there be a theme for this one too or just all lovey-dovey stuff for Valentine's Day? :3 

Generally romantic themed works are fine, since there's a limited amount of time!

#11 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL MAD SKILLZ YO

#12 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Omg!!! damn porings stealing everything with a smile on their face! LMAO!

#13 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

wtfack...

#14 FitzPogi

FitzPogi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

:p_omg:

#15 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

By the way, why 17 screens? I mean, I get why there's a limit on the number of screens that can be used, but 17 seems like such a random number.

#16 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

dat lucky poring, im still waiting for a girlfriend... #rekt

#17 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

To my surprise and disappointment I have to determine this morning that my entry has been removed from the thread by the Moderators. Having spent between four and a half to five hours on creating that loading screen, I find it without good taste and decency that you remove an entry to a creativity contest without even sending a PM to the entrant on why you remove it.
IF my entry (and thus my participation in this event) has been disqualified I would like to know why, as I have sticked to the theme and the rules listed in the OP (see below). Art is a free expression form, and I don't feel very free in my expression at this moment. I took my own interpretation of an RO Valentine's gone wrong, and several members of the forum had already confirmed that they found it at the very least an interesting new look or a funny entry.
Should the reason be that it represents a MvP and poring in a sexualized nature, then surely somebody is being VERY hypocrite about the situation and chose to ignore the source artwork in the game. (e.g. almost every sprite and artwork in the game is depicted in a sexualized way)
Thank you.

Basic Rules

1. There will be a maximum of 17 entries that we can take for V Day
2. Must be submitted by 6pm on February 12th
3. Must be own art, no commissioned works. For this contest, sprite work or photoshops of existing RO art are not eligible. 
4. Needs to be new art, no previously submitted work

Edited by Daray, 28 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#18 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

Because there are also forum rules outside of "basic" rules.  Profanity and sexually suggestive images are subject to removal.

#19 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

Because there are also forum rules outside of "basic" rules.

I'm aware of that.

Profanity and sexually suggestive images are subject to removal.

Please don't pull this on me, when a quick glance at the latest loadingscreen thread has posts allowed like http://forums.warppo...-iii/?p=1848113 (clearly also a spoof of a concept, much like my own entry) and http://forums.warppo...-iii/?p=1851159 (a lot more sexually suggestive than what I had going on, explicitly visible genetalia?!) are allowed.
The profanity was starred out '***' and covered with ribbons to be made unreadable.
If you must, then please point out exactly which part I need to edit, to be able to re-enter the contest.

Edit: fixed second link, forum didn't automatically detect it

Edited by Daray, 28 January 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

Can't believe I missed this. Was it yaoi? If it was I need links +_+

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

I'm aware of that.

Please don't pull this on me, when a quick glance at the latest loadingscreen thread has posts allowed like http://forums.warppo...-iii/?p=1848113 (clearly also a spoof of a concept, much like my own entry) and http://forums.warppo...-iii/?p=1851159 (a lot more sexually suggestive than what I had going on, explicitly visible genetalia?!) are allowed.
The profanity was starred out '***' and covered with ribbons to be made unreadable.
If you must, then please point out exactly which part I need to edit, to be able to re-enter the contest.

Edit: fixed second link, forum didn't automatically detect it

Yes because a poring between a lady's legs that is in a sexually suggestive position on her lady parts is okay....how about if you can't show it to your mom don't post it.  Those posts came no where near what you posted...I'm not the one who hide it but it was reported quite a few times and it was decided that it wasn't acceptable.  If you don't like the decision then discuss it privately in a PM with the CMs.

#22 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

Should the reason be that it represents a MvP and poring in a sexualized nature, then surely somebody is being VERY hypocrite about the situation and chose to ignore the source artwork in the game.

Dude, I even got one of my posts removed for posting a screenshot of something in-game that was deemed inappropriate for the forums. :heh:  Long live the moderation here!

#23 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

aw, Daray i missed the entry posted =(

/curious

really wanted to see

what were the porings stealing with a smile in their face?

Edited by ka10, 29 January 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#24 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

If you don't like the decision then discuss it privately in a PM with the CMs.

Will do, thank you for the feedback.

Dude, I even got one of my posts removed for posting a screenshot of something in-game that was deemed inappropriate for the forums. :heh: Long live the moderation here!

That's pretty funny, and sad at the same time. There are plenty of adult themed things in this game.

aw, Daray i missed the entry posted =(
/curious
really wanted to see

what were the porings stealing with a smile in their face?

I'm in contact with the CM to see if there is a way to revise my entry so that it can be allowed on the forums.
The porings were stealing Moonlight Flower's girlfriend.

#25 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

POPULAR

Please find my revised contest entry attached below:
teopRN3.png

This new work is called 'Hoders gonna hode'. It depicts the fragile nature of love, and the broken hearts of the girls involved. All of the hodes were blinded by their love for the new girl in Morroc.

Edit:
Thank you everyone for your support and appreciate of my contest entry. Sadly it did not qualify in the top 17. I'm sorry to have disappointed you.

IGN:
The Grimnir
Server:
Chaos

Edited by Daray, 14 February 2015 - 12:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users