What's Your Record Waiting Time for BIO4 Party? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What's Your Record Waiting Time for BIO4 Party?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:39 AM

Class:  Warlock

Role: Support

Longest Time:  6 hours.  Then PT failed 15 minutes into the run because sorcerer DC'd and never came back.  Went to play another game

Class: RK

Role: Damage

Longest Time:  3 hours.  Got 150-175 in 2 weeks.  Obviously lower wait time since RK's are powerhouses.

#2 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:46 AM

That's discouraging. I'm staying at Scarabas. <_<

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

role: dagger ranger
waiting time: 12 hours. then disbanded and didnt even try because the leader insisted to go using 12 chars. and waiting the last person is like hell, then the party members left one by one. what a deuche.
oh, and while waiting, i got leveled up 2 levels from 157-159 grinding in Luina.

Edited by fuyukikun, 27 January 2015 - 04:13 AM.

#4 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

oh, and while waiting, i got leveled up 2 levels from 157-159 grinding in Luina.

I am really giving these GDs a try.

#5 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

I am really giving these GDs a try.

• Luina is the only GD 2 worth trying, but I may advise you Angra/Killer Mantis' High MDEF and attack speed.  Mobbing would be quite a hassle without a linker and limitless anodyne.  The map doesn't give you much room for firewall and mistakes either.

• Britoniah isn't really worth it unless farming for black rosaries.  Besides the mobs except dark priest are shadow element.  Not your ideal situation as a mage, unless you freeze the dark shadows and crimson rock them.  It took me around 6 freeze/CrR5's rounds for those.  Not practical, especially with the crappy low spawn rate of Dark Priests.

• Greenwood (payon) is a pain in the 0_-.  If you do decide to visit that place, make sure to turn your effects to full maximum power to experience hallucination @ 0.5 Frames per second.  Plus it's not very mobby, and the am muts have a skill that does 16k damage (bomb) and break your gear.

• Valkyrie has both ranged and melee with 2 fire element kobolds.  Not worth it with their 200k HP, varying elements and horrid Base EXP/HP ratio.

All in all, from my experience as a 155 Warlock, your options to level past 155 are

1. Scaraba Nightmare: A dedicated, experienced party is a MUST.  You will either have a blast or rage quit while asking yourself if the developer of this nightmare dungeon was trolling on his last day of work.  These mobs SPAM skills on your, break your armor, divest?, and a giant pain. Don't even think of PUGing that.
  2. Scaraba Bounty Boards:  You thought you were done with scarabas at 150?  Think again.  Now you can enjoy the same map not from 130-150, but from 130-175.  Forty five levels of nice grindy fun, not to mention very impractical past 160.
  3. Going from area to area trying to find a decent place to level, but all of it's really in vain.

GL.   Also, while you're stuck at #3, you can wonder why  Warlocks have the only ultimate skill that doesn't scale with base/job level.

#6 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:46 AM

I couldn't sit in town for hours on end waiting for a party to take off. Kudos to you players that do.

Usually when I get an invite, I'll go to another map and grind or hunt items I need.

I'll try to pay attention to party chat to make sure they don't start without me, or to see if it disbanded.

Alt + Z brings up the party window, you can see what map the other party members are in.

I just pay attention to what's going on, I haven't had any issues.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

Most I've waited is like 2 hours. I only try to level popular characters at bio4. Ranger, Wanderer, Bishop, that sort of thing.

#8 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

• Luina is the only GD 2 worth trying, but I may advise you Angra/Killer Mantis' High MDEF and attack speed.  Mobbing would be quite a hassle without a linker and limitless anodyne.  The map doesn't give you much room for firewall and mistakes either.

I have Linker slaves so I can give this a shot. :D I really get sleepy at Scarabas. I'm fine with it but I don't want it to be my only option.

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:29 AM

Never!

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

havenn's rolodex must be the biggest ever

#11 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

Class: Sura
Longest Time: The party never went inside and disbanded after 9 hours of waiting.

#12 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

maybe 10-20 minutes, usually due to people gearing, or getting online in time. i made my wl 175 in 4 days, and after that my other characters that i bothered leveling are all 170+ have been in bios maybe once a week since.

#13 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

There's too much waiting time in this game. I think its because the server population is so low. It usually take me 2-3 hours to coordinate a decent bio party. Organizing a Gramps TI (Lv 150 and below) takes approximately 30 minutes. A week of waiting to sell an item in Eden because we don't have a working auction house nor do we have above 99M vend. I don't blame people for quitting. I hope that WP or whoever understand this and find ways to improve the gaming experience for us.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

Waited like a very long time, probably more than 5 hours until the party disbanned. I wil never waste my time like that again lol

#15 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

havenn's rolodex must be the biggest ever

Lol if I go with a party at all it's with Kami and shes usually got it on lock by the time I show up, but I barely hunt, if I bio I do it alone in 10-15min increments between stuffs :X

#16 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

Lol if I go with a party at all it's with Kami and shes usually got it on lock by the time I show up, but I barely hunt, if I bio I do it alone in 10-15min increments between stuffs :X

I pretty much do the same thing. Staying there for about that long without dying gives pretty decent exp.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

There's too much waiting time in this game. I think its because the server population is so low. It usually take me 2-3 hours to coordinate a decent bio party. Organizing a Gramps TI (Lv 150 and below) takes approximately 30 minutes. A week of waiting to sell an item in Eden because we don't have a working auction house nor do we have above 99M vend. I don't blame people for quitting. I hope that WP or whoever understand this and find ways to improve the gaming experience for us.

For party formation, it's more a problem of people preferring inefficient methods (chat rooms) instead of more efficient means (party booking system). Yeah, the party booking system needs more work, but it's much more efficient overall than finding the right chat rooms.

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

For party formation, it's more a problem of people preferring inefficient methods (chat rooms) instead of more efficient means (party booking system). Yeah, the party booking system needs more work, but it's much more efficient overall than finding the right chat rooms.

That's a pretty base-less / unproven claim. The real reasons would be that certain required classes are not present like healer, sometimes sorcerer.

#19 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Bingo =o

#20 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Bingo =o

Are you just saying that to get on the side of "her" so you can take off "her" socks and rub her feet  (note the quotation marks)?

How is the booking system valid when you have 1 place to recruit but 2-3 chat rooms at most to go into with 2 different level ranges with very specific class requirements at a non afk general server population of [insert double digit theoretical #]?  The booking thing isn't even needed between 150-175 thanks to the limited places to level beyond 150, especially past 160.

I'm only 3 months into coming back to this game and I'm already seeing the major problems.  

edit: lol im a cynical bishietard.

Edited by cory, 27 January 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#21 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Maybe if RO miraculously had a system to email or notify external players that we need an AB for a specific level range!

Of course, the people who actually want to level at a specific level range at a specific time would probably be online already...

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

I could care less if people agreed with me or not. I'm not here to make friends.

That's a pretty base-less / unproven claim. The real reasons would be that certain required classes are not present like healer, sometimes sorcerer.

The topic pertains to the time spent forming a party which does involve the method of advertising said party. Not everyone levels on Gramps and Bios, nor are they aware of their existence. How would you know for sure certain classes are not present when people are advertising for parties in different places? The party booking system would at least get everyone looking for a party in the same channel instead of having to wait for the right people to be in the right places.

#23 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

The topic pertains to the time spent forming a party which does involve the method of advertising said party. Not everyone levels on Gramps and Bios,

When people level in RO, they go to the best place that gives the best exp/hour.  And it happens that that best place is Bio4 (well it depends).  Whoever designed Nightmare Scaraba was either 1) on drugs  2) trolling.

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

When people level in RO, they go to the best place that gives the best exp/hour. And it happens that that best place is Bio4 (well it depends). Whoever designed Nightmare Scaraba was either 1) on drugs 2) trolling.

Bios has been around for a long time, yet people ignored it. If it was one of the best places to level, why didn't people use it until now?

Ah, yes. That Gramps mentality. Turning players into sheep since 2011.

#25 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

58534545.jpg

Edited by Havenn, 27 January 2015 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users