#1 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I logged on and I saw that artisans lost the bonus stats they use to have with some crafting skills (hardening, balancing etc).

So I was wondering if battle artis are still worth anything compared to gunbourgs for pvps ?

Edit : Ok i found a bourg with whom i could compare the skill tree and it seems they are almost identical as far as passives are concerned, artis get 25 more con/sen and no decloak.

I'll try find some pro arti or gunbourg in game cause i don't want to lock all my gear to my arti if i finally decide to play a gunbourg xd

Edited by Metaleux, 28 January 2015 - 01:59 AM.

#2 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Katar raider = the most commonly played class, very fun because you can stealth/cloak, attack fastest, highest 1 to 1 damage output in dungeons, best candidate for boss stage, one of the best orlo boss gem farmer

Dual raider = rapidly growing class, because freezing assault and enfeeblement+crippling storm is the key skill to make dungeons easy to go through, and the way how this class is designed works good with a CHA build which indirectly make their party buffs work so good as well, their mspeed/attack speed buff are so helpful to your teammates in dungeons. FYI, a dual raider beats a katar raider in 1 vs 1 PvP

Bow scout = also a  commonly played class because they belong to hawker who can camouflage, but it is currently the weakest class (I think still better than launcher artisan though), definitely not your 1st thing to play if you just return, because everything you do is like handicapped and requires assistance to go through

Xbow scout = one of the least played class because it is just not fun to play it, one of the lowest damage output class, yet not tanking as good as a xbow knight, don't bother with this

Axe champion = best 1 vs 1 class among all types of champion, but do pretty bad in PvM, unless you can spare yourself some PvM AOE skill which you can only use in PvM not PvP. Currently the highest critical rating class among all, however one of the worst accuracy weapon at the same time

Sword champion = this do well in both PvP and PvM, and has the potential to out-AOE-damage output a spear champ if you spare some SP for PvM AOE, the weakness of this class in PvP is that their AOE radius is rather small, (two big two small), but they do good damage because of pierce defense passive along with skill power, this weapon is the highest accuracy weapon

Spear champion = normally the best class for leveling and everything PvM in general because of the AOE radius and the way how this class designed where you benefit so much from making it a CHA type, you can often run into a moment where your berserk cry or combat scream can stop everything from reaching you, and you take no damage from mobs unless they are ranged monster. PvP wise, this class has the fastest attack speed and biggest radius AOE, but nothing else since PvP longinus strike is nerfed

1-hand knight = no question about it, best tanker in the world currently, and with 4 AOE (2 strong 2 weak), which is sufficient to kill stuff, one of the easiest class to play due to how well you can survive and how well you can kill

xbow knight = never try it, but it's a step up from xbow scout class, but don't bother because it doesn't have any AOE, one of the lowest 1 to 1 damage output, making it you absolutely useless in dungeons besides tanking, you would take a 1-hand knight than an xbow knight any day

Launcher bourg = 1 vs 1 situation in both PvMPvP is absolutely disappointing, so the only way you could build this class is to make yourself best in terms of skill spamming. In other words, skill power, AP, mspeed, CON, STR will be your friend, no exception. This class is only fun in PvP when you have a group of people for you to AOE, which is crystal defense but it is no longer activated due to recent inactivity due to declining population

Gun bourg = underplayed class, but perform godly if played right. Attack speed is just one step below katar raider, it is the 2nd fastest attack speed class and damage output. One of the best class to farm orlo boss because of killing speed and you have stockpile as a bonus. PvP wise, you can stomp the bow scout like an ant. You won't have any problem as long as you stick with a cleric around you, doing quite well in 1 vs 1 as well because augmenting reflection is 100% attack speed + 25% reflect buff.

Artisan = don't have the 100% attack speed buff like the gun bourg class but 10% more pierce defense than gun bourg, you can craft useful stuff but not gonna mention, definitely not recommended if you just returned because the difficulty to level it up and gear it up. I will take a gunbourg than an artisan any day

Support cleric = highly demanded class for PvP games and dungeons, but they went extinct because of the recent trade restriction changes, people cannot bother to gear up a support cleric, they need to focus on their beloved hawker class instead of gearing up a cleric, but if you wanna do some TG business. You can't live without a buff slave, a stat buffer and a max charm cleric are mandatory

Battle cleric = currently overpowered due to how well you can kill and how well you can tank at the same time, not recommended as a first class to play due to some issues you could face if you play dungeons and PvP games because when you join these games, you indirectly get people's hope up, but the fact is you have to let them down because you are a battle cleric which will not have buffs/heals

Mage = can stand its own ground if played correctly and highly experience, but the potential can only be unleashed with a very good player skill, 90% of the players cannot handle this class, it is the reason why it is one of the least played class among all in PvP. Along with the reason that I mention earlier where people cannot bother to gear up a mage when they are busy to gear up their beloved hawker class

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Xbow scout = one of the least played class because it is just not fun to play it, one of the lowest damage output class, yet not tanking as good as a xbow knight, don't bother with this

Actually the benefit of a xBow scout goes unnoticed. Their 30% def pierce makes their damage one of the most reliable and stable. When built for PvM, they can also completely destroy most bosses with ease and without running the risk of dying.

xbow knight = never try it, but it's a step up from xbow scout class, but don't bother because it doesn't have any AOE, one of the lowest 1 to 1 damage output, making it you absolutely useless in dungeons besides tanking, you would take a 1-hand knight than an xbow knight any day

Actually, they do have an AoE. And if you count your reflection, you get constant AoE damage going. This in conjunction with Sacrifice can keep constant DPS on the enemy's. The main benefit is that you have DEX higher then a 1H, making you dodge significantly more in PvM, and effectively tanking better. The combination of taunt shot being so spammable, taunt skill, sacrifice makes keeping Boss aggro in both Dungeons and Open World easy. People think that AoE's are so heavily covetted in Dungeons, yet 90% of dungeon runs these days don't even attempt to clear those mobs, making AoE's less valuable to those rushing teams. Having a Ranged Tank on dungeon bosses is also one of the best things, as they can taunt the boss forcing it to waste time moving around and not attacking, effectively reducing the bosses DPS. 

xBow Knights are highly underrated, yet they have many many good aspects and if you actually know how they work and what they're intended to do, they can be brutal in PvP, PvM leveling and Dungeons. 

Edited by Feuer, 29 January 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#4 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:29 AM

Thanks for the detailed reply, it's good that they made the dual raiders more usefull finally. I'm personally not a big fan of scouts, mages or knights and raiders probably cost a fortune to gear lol, as for champs... meh I guess I've done too much of it.

For the arti/bourg I only saw a difference of 5% of pierce defense on the artisan passive, is there a unique skill that gives an extra 5 ? Also would the extra sleep and nades not compensate for gunbourgs buffs ? Because i saw you can get the sleep to 100% and so is the stun, the nades use to be 100% i don't know now.

Looks like i will be leveling a bourg to check it out anyhow, i don't remember but do they give some kind of reset now at lvl 100 ?

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Bourge Stun is not 100%, it's 70%

Artisan does in fact get a pierce defense, 5% accuracy + 10% pierce def

The artisans 3 nades and sleep definitely make up for the gunbourges Aspeed/Reflect skill. They can't shoot, if they're asleep or stunned. 

A fun note, is that the nades can also be used while muted, as they're not a skill. They're a consumable. This puts them above a gunbourge when fighting a mute class, cause they can stun their target even if the arti is muted. Not only that, but the MP grenade is a very very nice tool, and the high impact of high explosives is great, especially if they crit. 

All in all, I found that the Cannon Artisans are the best. They have great range, critical damage passives, skill power passives [that also increase nade damage], sleep, 2 stuns, mp drain [2 if you get mana break], and pierce defense. The nice AP on Launchers makes all their skill hit even harder, and gives you 3 AoE's to boot. I just can't build a better cannon then a Launcher Arti [Larti]. 

Edited by Feuer, 29 January 2015 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users