Any tip?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

Hi everyone i have been playing ro2 a while ( more than a year), i have a ml30 wiz but i feel is so weak and is hard for me to get zeny (muka farm only)

i have+0 osiris set and a cazar rod, what can i do to advance faster? or get more zeny to buy from AH, cause i can barely kill bosses im even having a bad time killing normal mobs in dwl/u, like the tittle say, any tip? im about to get depressed xO

thx for your time :)

pd: srry for my bad english.

Edited by 1131131129203649980, 28 January 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#2 shuve

shuve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

I dunno anything about wizard but u should at least getting yourself a set of himmelmez equipment.

#3 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

try to farm useful pets DNA's and sell on AH
farm runes in Fallen Fortress or Chaos Dungeon
craft and sell runes (if artisan) or pots (if alchemist)

and yeah, you can farm mats for osi gear in Dayr Temple's and sell it

Edited by KuroiKoneko, 28 January 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#4 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

AFAIK muka is the best place to get zeny

-unfortunately in the next patch this would be change 

if i were you id get my hands on some volubilities  to double sell price of gears while we could farm muka 

come next patch and we can no longer farm it 

i earn about 8k per 99 pcs of volubilities in about 60-80 mins

if you plan on PVPing then you are out of luck cloth types are hard to play without using KP

PVE all you need usually is to get your weapon to +20 

#5 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

DWL/U aren't exactly meant to be solo'ed, so don't be depressed. Yes, most people will eventually be able to handle a few by themselves, but that's usually with better gears and/or healing. Like others have said, crafting Himmelmez set might be nice, or you can see how you feel about purchasing Cazar equipment after Forgotten Payon comes out (it will be a lot more accessible in my opinion). It might be nice to make friends with a slow tank (like Beastmaster) to farm recipes, Cazar weapons in HC, or just to do daily quests in DW too.

If you haven't done so already, get 99 pets for low cooldown. Be sure to also pick up a heal pet and a Shock or Ignite damage pet (preferably at least level 2). Wizards have decent Matk and get pretty good pet heals and damage, depending on what you need.

For money, Mukas are a decent standard to go on but not really the best if you want to make big money. You can also try to buy popular cash items on sale weeks (rune removers, fusion tablets etc.) and sell them the week after at a profit. Try to get a low rate if you're buying KP (1:50 is pretty good) and a higher rate when you're selling it (rate can go up to 1:70 during sale weeks). 

#6 Eischia

Eischia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:♥Odin♥

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

You can do that, or.... Join Arbalist's guild and hoard the free gifts <3

#7 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

All the suggestions above are good but no one asked you what cards are you equipping or what costumes (accessories) are you equipping? Cards whit penetration or damage increase would be the best but they are really expensive, so you can try the cheapest sand mane leaders ones that boost int and vit. Union accessories are the best to boost stats too, take a look at them, and join the union that has the acc. you like most and use the bloodpoints to buy union random boxes to fast gain the others.

#8 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

Requiem Card better for wizards since it add Cast Speed but a bit less int and agi

btw with maxed thunderstorm with embus pet and 30s pet cd you can deal more damage than maxed Meteor Storm coz 272*2+20% vs. 588+18% and also have faster animation, but some parties will not accept\understand you lol

Edited by KuroiKoneko, 29 January 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#9 ShinShan

ShinShan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationMagnolia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

tips? try other classes.. as for farming, i'd recommend sorc/priest/SM/war/BM 

you can always use other toons just for farm purposes only, or pvp, or any purpose you are aiming for.

who knows, you might fall inlove with your other toon, and might stick with it..

as for farming, there are many ways of farming.
--> you can farm zenies directly, an example is muka farm

--> you can farm some items then put them to AH, wait for profit

-- seeds, dna fragments, cards, mats, even gears

--> you can also run some services

-- refine service

-- runehole punch service

-- craft service

-- boost service

--> farm MP > buy using MP > sell or craft > profit

keep in mind, "if plan A didn't work, there are still 25 letters of the english alphabet." much wow, so original, tehee

#10 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:50 AM

Requiem Card better for wizards since it add Cast Speed but a bit less int and agi

btw with maxed thunderstorm with embus pet and 30s pet cd you can deal more damage than maxed Meteor Storm coz 272*2+20% vs. 588+18% and also have faster animation, but some parties will not accept\understand you lol

Well, if you decide to focus on vigor (f.e. osiris acc.), you can achieve 35~40% vigor or 1.8~2sec cooldown for Thunderstorm. It's 326% (272+20%) every 1.8~2sec versus 694% (588+18%) every ~4sec (max. cast speed). So your DPS with Tunderbolt is already equal/higher... even without the freeze status.

The reason why Embus // Frost Nova isn't welcome everywhere is because a few players don't use it wisely. I.e. the tank still tries to lure mobs to a spot, etc. But that's usually just a matter of coordination & communication.

I'm not a fan of AH trades, so I recommend to farm osiris mats, prime grade pillarnium... or simply farm himmelmez gear to make your life easier. But if you want to make fast money, create additional accounts. You usually don't have to wait that long for the next event with tradeable rewards... so just sell the next Lutice ice, valentine chocolates, drake costumes or whatever they'll bring up next.

#11 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

i dont think embus+thunder could beat dps of Mermaid + thunder/meteor (only in places with 75% def mobs)

and you could probably do 2 thunderstorm per 5/6 sec depending on tour latency 

35-40% isnt easy to achieve for wiz

they have to get 5pcs osi +9 or osi epic+ 

2 vigor in every piece including the weapon 

if you wont get osi cards and hone for vigor 

you get around 20% 

Edited by chaseme, 29 January 2015 - 02:51 AM.

#12 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

I'd go for Chaseme's tips if I were you. But if you need a bigger amout of Z, then you might need to go the Kafra route. Too bad, I know.  :sob:

#13 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

wow thx everyone for your comments i got a lot of ideas now, ill start with the pets :P

thx everyone!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users