• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 chinngy15

chinngy15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:20 AM

Okay, here's the question. I've been having a hard time grinding exp, kinda hard for me to go solo, and btw Im lvl 92, and also been doin' TI's this is my build and gears, so tell me guys, what should i change? I really need some help

10011332_10202612801761394_7816245675298

#2 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Couldn't you just holy cross Dark Priests with the bounty board quest and the eden board quest to lvl?

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

Since you are not a CRIT typed pally, go kill dark priests with the bb to level. You can also grind (leeching your party lol) in a party in a low TI map.

I would suggest

- Stop pumping VIT. For leveling purpose, VIT 40-50 is more than enough. My RG is now level 146 with VIT 40-50 and still doing fine in a party (sacrifice role), so I know it is enough.

- Get some INT. You will need it later to sacrifice your party in mid and high TI.

- You can get raise AGI to 70-80 for quicker VP/OB.

- Get some luck to 30ish since it is cheap. Only needs 2 skill points now.

I think from looking at your current gears, you are pretty poor and probably cant afford expensive gears. I'd suggest you to get the witch pumpkin hat and the alarm mask. It is a good investment I think.

#4 chinngy15

chinngy15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Okay, thank you so much guys, also I have 15m spare zeny for my gears, and a meteo plate. Also some cards. So should I use the plate? Should I change my eden gears?

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

Maybe look into the Baphomet costume hat from the event right now, either hunting for it and doing the quest or buying it with zeny. It will make milk heal really well.

#6 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

I would suggest raise agi to 90. The essential of Leveling before 99 for all physical damage jobs is flee. Also at this point replace your spear and shield with a 2-handed spear, which doubles holy cross damage, and holy cross is a really good skill to level before 99. I suggest using brionac. It is cheap, holy property and allows you to use heal. It will be extremely effective to kill dark priest with it. Also don't spend too much fund on other gears before 99. I just use Eden gears (except spear) before 99 and I think they are quite good. Agree with Chakri that at this point don't raise Vit. But at the end Vit is still important. I am now with 110 Vit and 70k hp, and still dies a lot in a bio 4 party if I sac those rangers. Also I don't really think you should invest in Int. I personally keep it at 1 and I don't feel there's an sp issue

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

I typically do not raise VIT above 30 on anything except a pure support character, until my character is over level 110 or so. VIT just plain doesn't help you level any faster when you're low level.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

I would suggest raise agi to 90. The essential of Leveling before 99 for all physical damage jobs is flee.

This is only "essential" for newer players without much funds. People who are making their second or later characters really should opt for AOE builds even at the lower levels, often with 1 AGI. You level MUCH faster with a magnum break build and situationally grand cross too.

Also don't spend too much fund on other gears before 99. I just use Eden gears (except spear) before 99 and I think they are quite good.

This is also only true for players who don't understand much about gears (which is probably most new players). Older players will definitely start using better gears before 99 like better shoes (Variants for trans, Vidar's for pre-trans), decent shields with racial reduction cards, elemental armors (think Elder TI), and decent reduction garments. Some newer players also start spending WPE early on too and would like a headstart on gears too.

#9 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

This is only "essential" for newer players without much funds. People who are making their second or later characters really should opt for AOE builds even at the lower levels, often with 1 AGI. You level MUCH faster with a magnum break build and situationally grand cross too.

This is also only true for players who don't understand much about gears (which is probably most new players). Older players will definitely start using better gears before 99 like better shoes (Variants for trans, Vidar's for pre-trans), decent shields with racial reduction cards, elemental armors (think Elder TI), and decent reduction garments. Some newer players also start spending WPE early on too and would like a headstart on gears too.

He has like 15m so I don't think this will be his alternative character, but you are right there are many cost effective items like vidar/variant boots and fire armor that wouldn't hurt to invest in in early levels. But I still don't think that, in his case, aoe leveling is good. That will require lots of regen items and skills. I tried on my crusader with like 90 int and level at GH prison with grand cross and doesn't really work well. Many mobs are at the corner of the cross that won't be hit by the skill. It requires some practice to be efficient. Magnum damage is not high enough. With high agi+spear quicken+holy cross I think it is quite efficient to farm dark priest. 

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

Grand Cross is pretty situational. Sometimes it is absolutely overpowered in certain TIs. It's also really good in Niff against Loli Ruris, but sometimes you need boosted spotlight spawn / EXP for that.

Magnum Break is really good up to level ~80. You just need the right gear setup and so on for it.

#11 chinngy15

chinngy15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

Thanks everyone for the help and also 97 now, Im lookin for gears atm. and luckily low TI's quite low level so I can save more money for gears than pots. also been doing bathory for extra exp and cash.

Edited by chinngy15, 05 February 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#12 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

I don't think you need change your gears much since Pally is a pretty strong class overall. I would recommend that you invest in some Elu ores and +4 all of you gears for the extra defense and invest in some silvervine boxes so that you can enchant your Hunting Spear.

The hunting spear can be enchantable via http://lmgtfy.com/?q...do enchants iro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users