I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

https://imageshack.com/i/eyUDvESKp

Lately, new player around the world around lvl 1-50 hard to complete there quest,mission and kahara , 

so some of them keep spamming at chat ask for help. This cause there are no benefit for  MasterLevel player to help.

maybe development team can do something to make this system more interesting  maybe new ranking reward or ect

#2 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

https://imageshack.com/i/eyUDvESKp

Lately, new player around the world around lvl 1-50 hard to complete there quest,mission and kahara , 

so some of them keep spamming at chat ask for help. This cause there are no benefit for  MasterLevel player to help.

maybe development team can do something to make this system more interesting  maybe new ranking reward or ect

First of all, most quests and khara and very easy to complete in the 1-50 stage. Only some quests that involve fighting a boss (like the current dailies for the event) require them to ask for help. They only ask MLs because finding other players in the same range sometimes isn't easy (though it's perfectly doable, i've made low level parties with randoms to run dungeons recently)

Regarding the Apply to be Helper feature; it's a leak of a work-in-progress that Gravity added accidentally and forgot to remove. We have no idea on what they have or had planned for such feature, however we have actually suggested that adding some incentive (mp reward or maybe a special buff) for MLs that help low level parties would be a cool addition.

#3 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

Now just add a cool idea how to distinguish between real players and fake accounts added just for the reward....

#4 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Now just add a cool idea how to distinguish between real players and fake accounts added just for the reward....

Well, there could be several options:

* Every member in the party has to actively participate at least in killing the final boss. To avoid just "being carried", maybe this would help to avoid players making a char in a second computer that would only follow and stay at a safe distance.

* Only works in full party. This also prevents using a second computer with fake accounts, unless you have 4 computers and actually can make them participate in the dungeon run (read first point)

* It could be a not-so-super attractive reward. If it's only a temporal exp buff it wouldn't be as game breaking as a stats buff, yet still attractive enough. So you wouldn't mind even if someone actually made fake accounts to get a slight buff in their grinds.

#5 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

on the other hand teach lowbie that all they need is an ml that litterally carry you is not a good idea. There is no reason to stay in a game where you didn't put any effort. I sense so many new players bitching because new levels are so hard and leaving simply because they were carried up to ML. It's disgusting to see EXP boost requests for condors and mukas they litterally sit while an high level player do their job. I would love if devs introduce an exp malus if in the party there are players more than 10 levels far.

Everytime an ML players helps a low level for a dungeon is litterally breaking his game experience and the ones of the guys that could join him in that party: he doesn't learn how to play his role, how bosses play, what is a good party, what is his role in a party. If there aren't enough players to party is a Warpportal problem and they have to find a way to fix it, the solution is not babysitting the ones that already play it. Babistit lowbie is as gamebreaking as the exp boost in the first 50 quest based levels.

#6 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

When I first saw the Helper feature (that wingy icon) I was like, "So unimportant!"

But hey, it gives you an elevated social status, at least.  :heh:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users