Destruction Came Upon You! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Destruction Came Upon You!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Uteliukas

Uteliukas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

What a long break Ive had, didnt I? Greetings everyone! Nobody will probably know me, since I come from the private servers, back in 2012..? I believe so, yes, the Reign of Frost update if Im not mistaking. So, Ive been at school (as usual) and Ive got on the net during a lesson since Ive done my thing already, and I came across Dragon Saga, Ive got the idea to search it up once again, because my friend next to me was looking for a new game to play. Alot of useless info over there ^, so Ill get to the point where the only thing you have to know, is that Im overly hyped about jumping into the game again.

Anyhow, Ive got some questions for you, beautiful people, to asnwer:

1. First of all, how is the population of the game doing? Hell, if there was a problem with private servers back in my days, were the numbers. MAX online count was like 300, on special occasions even. Because you know, low number of players - less upcoming updates and in the end, not much time till the game gets shut down and we all end up sorrowing. ;D Fact  is, back in the day, I didnt care about that, eh... I wish these days would come back *^*. So on, Ive heard the EU and SEA servers shut down, being european myself, Im happy to hear that, I dont like european servers in general, no lag, but dead, all games I play are from NA, excluding WoW. So, I believe there are alot of people here then, huh? The population is growing since this is the last server, right? But, about how many players are here? On weekdays, and weekends. What about holidays and school brakes? ;D (approximately)

2. Secoooond one, what about leveling? Aww private servers... boosting myself to 60 in a matter of days, wich actually seems too slow for a private server ;D. Whats it like in here? With constant playing and questing, how long would it take to get to lvl 40 or so?

3. Cash shop... I dont really think about spending anything but time (giggity). Can a non-paying player defeat a cash-player in PvP? DS seems to be more dedicated on skill, movement, and combos than on equips, right? Remember the Bone Dragon (Shiva)? Oh I hated that thing....

4. Speaking of Shiva, Ive tried soloing it but wasnt really successful, but I know I can do it, am I right? If you know the mechanics of your class and ofcourse, the boss, you can do it? What are the recommended equips and lvl, perhaps a build for a PvE Pala also. Thats right, Im getting back on that bastard, aaaw yeaaa!

5. I dont really have anything else... are the towns and things like F7 (thats the thing, right?) crowded everyday?

6. OMFG F7 <3333 Nostalgia is hitting me so hard right now, OMG... *_*

7. And at last, Ive missed alot of stuff in-game actually, I havent been here like forever, so about the server. How does it look like? Will it stay for some time? I really want to main thsi game and spend most of my time here. It wont close or die out anytime soon, right...?

Thank you Sir's and Madam's

Cya in-game!

Regards

Uteliukas

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:04 AM

1. Population is growing very well lately. Just by looking at the channel bars this is visible.

Nobody here will tell you the actual numbers of players. But I can assure you it is way more crowded then the EU servers ever were. (the last time)

2. Leveling is.......slow. On here are the normal game rates. So, if you found leveling on a P-server already "slow", leveling on this one here will make you feel like a snail climbing the Himalaya. 

Normally here are EXP weekends hosted every weekend. But the rates are between 1.5 and 2.5 x EXP. 

So yeah, maybe you should give this point a second thought for yourself and decide what you want to do. You can see playing on this server with the original rates as a challenge, or not. Depending what decision on this point you make for yourself it is worth leveling on here or not.

3. If it would be like what you assume, I myself started playing PVP (giggles).

In other words, yes skill does matter - a lot. But equip matters in the same (or even a little more) amount. But I guess PVP players can explain it a little more detailed.

4. My suggestion would be, put that "bastard" into the trash can. The knight class, together with the Jester Class, are classes that got a very big nerf.  The knight class, so far been one of the strongest in game, now is ........well.....let's just say it like this: you will need a lot of skill and time to even manage to go on in PVE. To play this class nowadays is a real challenge. Forget the "bastard" part....

5. F7 still is the "thing". Crowded, well.........when you do the pre-quests to open the F7 mission maps yourself, you will get a lot of people to play with. Cause in that case you become an "opener" and because not many people on here do the pre-quests.......you will get some fans.

Otherwise you will become only one of the people standing in front of the F7 missions waiting for an opener.

6. I want to give you a good advice you should not mention everywhere and always you are coming from a P-Server. Because P-Servers are illegal. Let's say it like this: you can get already in trouble by just playing on any P-Server , if this gets known on here. This is a violation of the account policy on here. You might want to have a closer look at the account policy yourself.

7. Like Popcorn ( our VM) always says: Warpportal has no plans to close this server anytime soon or in the near future.

Welcome! 

Edited by Fliederduft78, 30 January 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#3 Uteliukas

Uteliukas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the reply again! Downloading the game at the moment~. This one thing came to my head: Is it possible to reach hights without paying a cent? Like, no costumes or any consumbles from the cash shop. Nothing but farming, leveling and all that stuff, without paying a cent. Or do I have to pay to actually like pass some necessary quests or zones or something in the future, or just you know, If you wanna make something outta yourself, get the best equips, get the last job change and enchant your stuff to the max, you have to pay money, or you can achive all of that for free, without donating?~

thanksies~

#4 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

If you don't lack in diligence, it is possible to play through the game without paying any money due to the fact that you can buy IM with ingame Gold (Note: Its only tolerated. So just watch out that you don't get scammed). You will just spend quite the time farming.

Edited by Prockzone, 30 January 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#5 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

I'm sure all "Zones" and heights can be accessed without paying a cent.

(However there are, restrictions on level to enter a "new" field; I mean, I never knew one needs to be at least Lv.10 to get in the...... Help me, how do they call that "capital" with a flying island again... XD)

Of course, like you thought, you'll have to "work" just [heck really] hard.

Edited by Rainnowx, 30 January 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#6 Uteliukas

Uteliukas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

A'ight guys, thanks for the replies. Lets dive into the past again and have some.. not some but HUUGE amounts of fun!~ Cya in-game! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users