1 question and 1 tip please :) - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

1 question and 1 tip please :)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LightSalmon

LightSalmon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

Hello,

Can anyone tell me when the shop kafra updates? It is worth buying more "new year's groove pack" for reselling or is better to wait for the next pack?

Thank you.

#2 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

Check the maintenance threads.

- If it mentions that a pack will be removed as part of the stated maintenance, it will be removed. If not, it will not.

- If it mentions that a pack will be introduced as part of the stated maintenance, it will be added. If not, it will not.

For your second question: We don't know when the current pack will be removed, because it hasn't been mentioned yet. We also never know what will be in the next pack until the corresponding maintenance period begins at the earliest. Sometimes (or most of the time, depending on who you ask), we don't know what's in the pack until the game is back up following maintenance.

EDIT: You should do a cost analysis and expected value calculation of the current pack to see if it's worth buying for reselling.

For example:

Groove Pack costs 150 KP.

- I'm going to use 7-day avg price on Ragial for simplicity. If I were to sell, I would not sell at these rates. I would just wait for the price to go up, but it depends on how much you want the zeny now.

- Always get 1x BMX3. Current 7-day avg price on Ragial: 7,820,000 z

- Always get 2x Kitcoin. Current 7-day avg: 1,470,000 z

- Total so far: 10,760,000 z

Now you get one of the following:

2x Bloody Branch: 7,810,000 z

3x HE Battle Manual: 1,930,000 z

1x Heroic Backpack: Current avg: 45,200,000 z

1x Costume: Pavianne Doll: Current avg: 11,600,000 z

1x Costume: Mochiring Hat: Current avg: 10,900,000 z

1x Costume: Dark Age Hat: Current avg: 12,700,000 z

I don't know what the rates are, so I can't do a proper expected value calculation. We know that Heroic Backpack has the lowest rate because it's considered the most valuable. Instead, I'll just take the worst-case scenario and best-case scenario.

Worst-case (w/ 3x HE Battle Manual): value of 16,550,000 z (using current 7-day avg prices on Ragial)

Best-case (w/ Heroic Backpack): 55,960,000 z

So worst-case scenario, you can probably liquidate quickly for 16.5m zeny, while in the best-case scenario you can liquidate quickly for 56m zeny.

Edited by MorseCoder, 30 January 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

however, you can't lose money with the current groove pack. the guaranteed items and the content of the packs themselves combine for a very good investment.

#4 LightSalmon

LightSalmon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

@MorseCoder, maintenances are told how many days in advance?

I appreciate your reply, Thank you.

@Necrohealic, Really, this pack is providing me a great profit. I think I'll invest a little more.  :rice:

#5 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

Maintenance is scheduled every Wednesday from 9 AM to 1 PM server time (Pacific Time in the US), which is currently UTC -8. For the past few weeks, the maintenance thread has been created each Monday, but in the past, sometimes the maintenance thread is created the day of or the day before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users