#1 GammaBreaker

GammaBreaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

Finally got around to making Sura from my Champion.  Of course, it's left me mildly confused as to how to progress.  I was considering Lightning Ride, but most of the reading I've done points to it being less than favorable due to a severe nerf some time ago.

In preparation for this, I have a large amount of quests stockpiled that should take me somewhere between J24-J28.  Haven't quite done the exact math on that yet, but somewhere around there.  It's my hope that by making this large leap from 99/10 to 99/2X, I'll be able to skip the awkward Sky Blow & Reset phase that seems to be the norm for Suras when progressing between low and mid levels.

With the sudden surge forward in job levels, what approach would be best?  Tiger Cannon, Rampage Blaster, Flash Combo?  Rising Dragon 10 eats up to J25 alone, with little offense to show for it, so I'm assuming Rampage Blaster is off the table due to its heavy reliance on sphere spheres.

As for available equipment:

• Head:  +7 Cancer Crown, +9 CoD (not too relevant with Lightning Ride off the table), Pirate Dagger, Musketeer Hat (swapped in for Adrenaline, then swapped out)
  • Body:  Nothing terribly useful; most of my body armor is heavy plate for my Royal Guard.
  • Mantle:  +9 Orc Baby HBP and +9 Orc Baby Nid
  • Shield:  +8 Platinum, in the process of acquiring +7 Hodremlin Valk
  • Boots:  +8 Vidar's
  • Accessories:  Phen, Mantis Rings, etc..  Nothing amazing.
  • Weapons:  Elemental Swordmaces, Nemesis, Grand Cross (omnomnom SP on undead), funds for a selection of basic Cargas

All in all, nothing too amazing, but what should be enough to get going in the right direction.  This is the blank pre-Sura template I'm working with:  http://irowiki.org/~...rdfdlfrAab95In1 .   I could easily drop some of the Champion points that have been funneled into Acolyte for maxing out Flee and Iron Fists, if it's worth it.  Mastery ATK is a little strange in how some skills work with it and Flee is rather weak, though, so I opted for Heal & Buffs.

Any guidance is welcome and appreciated.

#2 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

if you have no problems with SP, go flash combo

FC-TC-PA

that's job 25; work your way up to get RD 10 (job 47); use FC (not the TC - it's maxed just for FC damage); even if you need 1 manual combo TC to 1-shot a certain mob, you can simply chain 2 FCs;

flee and iron fists are useless; don't really need cure (bless 1, green pots, panacea, etc; though if you really really really can't live w/out it then bring down dec-agi from 3 to 2);

high+ turkey on head (default when FCing for damage)
RWH/vanar (switch in for HP/SP regain)
WPH (switch in when healing; default alarm mask on mid+low)

any HP/VIT/ATK/STR/damage or utility gear on mid+low (if not using WPH+alarm combo)

glorious suit (or elemental armor if needed)
set of racial cards on round bucklers (or valk shields - at least have the cranial on a valk)
your garments are ok i guess; next improvement tier would be VIT-FAW (with firelock/g.ferus e.variants) -or- VIT-snakeskin (with g.ferus VIT-tempboots)
accessories are fine; get a medal of honor (aco) if you could

2x hunter fly carga if you really need the HP regain
the only choices for damage are basically the 20% racial damage cards on a carga (ex 2x caramel carga for insects); except vs demi-humans - KvM mace is best for that;
don't forget sage/converters/c.waters for damage (even eden mace III with endow is better than elemental swordmaces)

#3 GammaBreaker

GammaBreaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Thank you for the tips.  Cure's not terribly important.  Rarely get afflicted with anything it removes, anyway, so that can go away.

I have a Focus Beret, but it doesn't really work very well from what's been said.  I'm assuming it's a total waste of a head slot.

#4 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

yeah, never used that hat;

also i forgot, good use of 2 skill points is for windmill (stun mobs, take less damage while FCing), and GT-cure (the better version of cure); if you want you can get these 2 before getting RD (total job 49)

oh and make sure the mobs are closely stacked before stunning them

Edited by ka10, 30 January 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#5 Onyx

Onyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

if you have no problems with SP, go flash combo

FC-TC-PA

that's job 25; work your way up to get RD 10 (job 47); use FC (not the TC - it's maxed just for FC damage); even if you need 1 manual combo TC to 1-shot a certain mob, you can simply chain 2 FCs;

flee and iron fists are useless; don't really need cure (bless 1, green pots, panacea, etc; though if you really really really can't live w/out it then bring down dec-agi from 3 to 2);

high+ turkey on head (default when FCing for damage)
RWH/vanar (switch in for HP/SP regain)
WPH (switch in when healing; default alarm mask on mid+low)

any HP/VIT/ATK/STR/damage or utility gear on mid+low (if not using WPH+alarm combo)

glorious suit (or elemental armor if needed)
set of racial cards on round bucklers (or valk shields - at least have the cranial on a valk)
your garments are ok i guess; next improvement tier would be VIT-FAW (with firelock/g.ferus e.variants) -or- VIT-snakeskin (with g.ferus VIT-tempboots)
accessories are fine; get a medal of honor (aco) if you could

2x hunter fly carga if you really need the HP regain
the only choices for damage are basically the 20% racial damage cards on a carga (ex 2x caramel carga for insects); except vs demi-humans - KvM mace is best for that;
don't forget sage/converters/c.waters for damage (even eden mace III with endow is better than elemental swordmaces)

Couple follow up questions: you recommend getting TC 10, but I was under the impression that we weren't sure if FC uses the correct level of TC. Is it more a matter of the combo not taking Fallen Empire together in sequence? As for accessories, I use two bako tattoos and swap to a phen diablous ring when I need to cast windmill. Do you still recommend the medal of honor for the additional HP? I'm pretty bad at calculating the formulas. =/

#6 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

it's most likely that the TC portion of the FC script doesn't have the bonus combo modifier on it; we have no confirmation yet whether this is intended or not (probably intended though);

though it could also be that FC executes the identical/copied skill scripts at a fast speed that it disregards proper delay windows to activate any applicable combo bonuses (ex. manual DC>SB, if you SB too fast after DC, the +150AGI bonus isn't applied, [the same thing happens if too slow])

the reason FC-TC is slightly stronger than regular-TC is due to the +120 ATK bonus (FC5) active during the skill;

bako tattoos are fine;

though bako gives ATK+7%, ASPD+10%;

MoH gives damage+5%, +600HP; (better overall)

1 HP and 1 ATK have the same damage contribution for TC;

MoH becomes even better the more %HP mods you have (you already start with massive mHP relative to ATK);

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users