Spamming trade chat and maybe scammer! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spamming trade chat and maybe scammer!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Pleinair94

Pleinair94

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:17 AM

I've seen this post all day. I guess this is a kind of auto system cuz he/she posts every 60sec => can't see other's posts @@

And maybe this is a scammer and will steal money from people!!! 

So everybody aware!!! and I ask GM to check this case

Thank you

Untitled.png

Edited by Pleinair94, 31 January 2015 - 07:18 AM.

#2 xfirebrandx

xfirebrandx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

I saw 3 Different users spam this message, but not @ the same time , maybe 1 account?

Just block those users :)

But still someone should take care of this guys :)

Fun Fact:

If you could buy im for 8$ it would be 800 IM.

If you sell those to players for 1:4 u would get 3200g.

If you sell this IM in little steps like its done very often. You get more gold for the same money even if u get scammed 50% of the time :D

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

I am already aware of this "gold sellers" and informed our support team about that.

However it is very difficult to automatically sort out "real" players from these "spammers", so every new one has to be reported. Feel free to do so.

My advise is to just ignore these spammers and don't respond to their offers.

If you feel bothered by them, just put them on your block list, like xfirebrandx already said.

I'm sure our support team will immediately remove these characters from the game as soon as they got knowledge of them.

Besides this, it's now a good situation to point out, that selling and purchasing of in-game items or WPE for real cash is violating our account policy:

- Selling or purchasing in-game items or currency from locations other than the WarpPortal website with real-world currency.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 31 January 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Isn't DS gold like insane easy to grind? Heck even using IM to mixboard if you're lucky can get triple that.

#5 LinkKirby

LinkKirby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

Just block those users :)

My advise is to just ignore these spammers and don't respond to their offers.

If you feel bothered by them, just put them on your block list, like xfirebrandx already said.

This does not work. At least, not for me.

It might work in the other chat channels, but blocking the spammers doesn't stop their messages from appearing in the trade chat.

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

This does not work. At least, not for me.

It might work in the other chat channels, but blocking the spammers doesn't stop their messages from appearing in the trade chat.

Sadly, confirmed.

I just tried it myself and even though they are on my block list now, their messages do still appear in the trade chat.

And I just noticed it are actually 3 of them announcing now. I made screens of 3 different gold seller names announcing so far and I sent a pm to Popcorn about this.  So he can take care of it and tell the support that we now have three of those goldsellers spamming the trade chat

I hope we can get rid of them as fast as possible, cause it's not only annoying but illegal too..

#7 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

I just tried it myself and even though they are on my block list now, their messages do still appear in the trade chat.

It's probably because Trade chat isn't directed to anyone in particular, it's just a shoutout.

The one from yesterday is still there. I'm sure Popcorn has done his part, but I have to say I think WP should be able to take action more quickly with banning those "players". :p_sleep:

#8 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Should you ban these three, 5 more would appear. Gold sellers spawn like monsters do, except they don't seem to have any limitation in their number.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

It's probably because Trade chat isn't directed to anyone in particular, it's just a shoutout.

The one from yesterday is still there. I'm sure Popcorn has done his part, but I have to say I think WP should be able to take action more quickly with banning those "players". :p_sleep:

The problem is, that the support team is only in the office at "normal" working times, so taking actions immediately isn't possible at the moment. I hope that there will be a mechanism sometime that troublemakers or spammers of any sort can be banned faster.

However, I informed the support team about these 3 and I'm sure they will take necessary actions as soon as they got my report.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 01 February 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#10 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

updating the chat filter could also be an idea, but I think the developers are needed for that

#11 Phrys

Phrys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Banning the players doesnt mean they will stop spam trade chats because they will make another accounts and keep spamming.

I'm agree with Laburey21. We need developer to improve the chat filter

#12 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

One thing you could do is sending a friend request to the goldspammer and cancel it directly afterwards. This way, the bot can not longer spam his message because the friend request (which opens a little window) must be answered first and blocks until then all other activities.

#13 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

One thing you could do is sending a friend request to the goldspammer and cancel it directly afterwards. This way, the bot can not longer spam his message because the friend request (which opens a little window) must be answered first and blocks until then all other activities.

I have an additional info to this: You don't have to be worried you could be banned by "stopping the goldesellers" the way Prockzone mentioned. I have been ensured by the support team that noone who sends a friend request to such "bot" and cancels it directly afterwards will get banned or punished in any way. So this is a safe way to get rid of them for many hours.

This is only a temporary solution until our support team has removed the particular bot character.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 February 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#14 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

because the friend request (which opens a little window) must be answered first and blocks until then all other activities.

Good that this irritating flaw can be put to good use for once! But does such a simple trick really work? I would have thought the bot was more sophisticated than that.  :wall:

Why do you need to cancel the friend request quickly? Isn't it better to keep it open so you can keep track of if/when the bot responds to it?

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

The bot doesn't respond. Never. 

So it doesn't matter if you keep the friend request open or not.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 February 2015 - 06:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users