I have an idea, and maybe could be applied to Druids - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

I have an idea, and maybe could be applied to Druids

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:28 AM

Well, the original idea wasnt really for Druids but i think that could work. It is related to people asking for a contract with a magic form.

The idea is that since all temperions have a special contract with a specific possession beast, the druids could have their race pb but also a limited contract with the other ones.

How this would work

The other 3 possessions (Giont, Rufus and Carlos) would appear in the skill tree (2nd job). The Druid can transform in those possessions with the adventage of dont consume HC points but with the disadventage that those pbs are partial ones and not as powerful as the real ones. What they dont get is the stats and dmg bonus of the pb but they can use their skills.

This PBs would have a smaller size, a little bigger than the character, similar to the other contracts.

Level those skills would make the partial possession increase its stats and maybe add more dmg just like the normal pb but not as much as the real one: but that boost only would affect the partial pb skills and not all the skills.

The skills

I was thinking that since the skill tees of all the pbs have the same distribution and lvls, instead of add the partial pb skills in the main skill tree (wich would be too much), they could transform the skills.

What is this: if they put 1 point in the 1st Rebria skill, then they will be able to use the 1st skill when they are transformed in Giont, Rufus or Carlos. The linked Rebria skill in the quick bar would transform depending of the partial pb that is being used.

Is a little complex and maybe with the game system it cant be done, but i think that if it can, it could be great.

Edited by Nadesh, 17 November 2010 - 03:31 AM.

#2 Blediam

Blediam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

ermm would be great for druids but if they will hit like Pb it would be a pain to play...

i dont discard the idea of trnasforming into other monsters but maybe something like...

When a drui kill a monster and if they got active a special skill called "soul eater" they can use it to copy some skill from the monster that they just killed so for example if they kill some mob that use fire balls, they will be able to shot fire balls.

or something like that

what u think?

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:08 AM

Well, they wouldnt be as oped as the pbs, they can balance that: the pbs are mostly oped because the dmg multiplier. If they put it a magic boost when they lvl instead of a multiplier, it wont be so powerful.

For the other idea, is great, i would like something like that too.

#4 DrAg0r

DrAg0r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationValdes

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:39 AM

Nice Idea, But the actual contracts are about gameplay style -> a contract for DPS and a contract for tank.

maybe add a new contract for Heal?

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Well, my idea started with the partial transformations, in wich the temperion can use the pb skills without the pb bonus and spending HC % each time they use it. The second idea was add to that a skill that steal HC from other players, wich would have a good CD to not be too oped. In both ideas, the temperion would partialy transform when they use those skills, like if the pb was trying to go out.

The 3rd idea i came was to have PBs smaller than the normal ones, this would be a 2nd lvl of the partial transformation.

Then i came with the idea of use the 3rd idea for Druids, since some people asked for a magic form, and we alredy have the pbs. The partial pbs, or elemental contracts, would give a magic form for the druid and at the same time it would have the option to pick the element, since Battlemages are classes that use all the elements.

The contract to heal isnt a bad idea but if will work like the relation between Protector and Druid (tank form), then it wouldnt be that great: is all about to make it right.

I like also the shapeshifter idea, maybe a skill that is able to register the enemy shape, and the Druid can transform in that (this was suggested before): http://forums.warppo...3rd-job-skills/

#6 kayman

kayman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationLima - Perú
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

Do something to make the system grind of the Berserker, warlord, druid, ranger and avenger have better benefits from level 70 ... Since it is very difficult, as we all know: all the characters need to gain experience given in "Jacob Shire," but only (*) accept party of AOEs, Defender and really is frustrating. But rescuing the characters who have the premium service.

#7 Blediam

Blediam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

well i was thinking on the day about the idea and i got this...

Druids and/or Elementalists

maybe for elements the magic attack and for druids the melee one...

New skill(s) (downtime 12 seconds. cast time 1 sec)

Elemental Beam (based on magic dmg + element)
or.
Elemental Slash (based on physic attack + element)

This skill(s) can be used after you did a contract with one deity of the world and it can be increased in the way do you like

those combined with...

(lighting) contract.
lighting dmg from 1-3 targets from 120 to 250 (lvl 1-5)

(fire) contract.
fire dmg from 1-3 targets from 120 to 250 (lvl 1-5)

(dark) contract.
dark damage from 1-3 targets from 120 to 250 (lvl 1-5)

(light) contract.
heal from 1-3 targets from 400 to 650(lvl 1-5)

(wind) contract.
wind damage from 1-3 targets from 120 to 250 (lvl 1-5)

(water) contract.
water damage from 1-3 targets from 120 to 250 (lvl 1-5)

about the ( ) i dont know what kind of monster would be better to put it in. for example roboguard might be for lighting, we could use the raid bosses for that or the possesion beast for example in case of the dark contract would be giont contract. maybe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users