Can we remove the DB fixed after-cast delay now? - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can we remove the DB fixed after-cast delay now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#26 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Why would it be appropriate to remove the fixed after cast delay? Have we gotten an update that fixes the bug that no-delay took advantage of? AFAIK we have not, so the original justification for the fixed after cast delay is unchanged. 

I miss chaining DB by hand, but since people used exploits to do it automatically (and that really was OP, and would be every bit as OP now or moreso), here we are. 

kRO also doesn't have rampant cheating

Indeed - this is why we can't have nice things. 

#27 brandiebear

brandiebear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

No. It is still possible to spam 3 db's per second or well near it, and I think that is good enough. There is no need to remove the delay until they have a way to stop people from taking advantage of it. imo 

#28 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

Client anti hacks/bot/auto macros core/auto pot/auto feed/ etc plox

#29 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Client anti hacks/bot/auto macros core/auto pot/auto feed/ etc plox

Doesnt' work.

#30 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

Doesnt' work.

it works on kro and jro 

#31 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

neither of those servers have anything like that do they?

Just found an old post from 2011...

"But the jRO uses a hybrid of nProtect and RagDefender. It does cause troubles for users though. No FRAPS, XFIRE, x64 Bit OS, and login screen takes loads of Memory."

Sounds like garbage. No ty.

Edited by Viri, 03 February 2015 - 10:46 AM.

#32 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

I'll give you my reasons:

1. DB is not dominating in woe anymore, a well-geared tao RK can only do 10k dmg on avg. on woe set targets in pvp so it means 5k or so in woe.

2. Believe or not, GMs have already done something to the client we're using and the nodelay thingy shouldn't be functioning anymore. Don't ask me why, just go ask your old nodelay friends and see what they say. And don't get me wrong, I'm not pointing at anyone/ any guild here.

3. If you agree with my 2nd point, with 2 kiels, 1 +9 taegoo, and 2 expert ring(90% CD reduction) a DB RK with 193 ASPD cannot chain db well enough because of the forced 0.2 second delay. Or without those gears, just proper DB gears, on a int 155 string the rk cannot pull off the best job either. Therefore it's pointless to play this class because it's limited factitiously. Take a look at ROPD, 39/246 which is 15.8% of the 175's are RKs, and it used to be way more than that before level 175 hit.

4. Don't you wanna level better with good RK's in Bio 4 parties? It harms the party and the RK players by having the RK nerf'd by some not-working cheats.

And btw, chaining DB "by hand" has nothing to do with nodelay. If it's automatic then we're talking about openkore or something else but definitely not nodelay.

It makes me giggle that why every time people bring up some changes, someone has to mention about the Sura class lolz. If you really wanna work on some "class balance" in the woe scene, why don't u take a look at the Shadow Chaser class. It was OP enough to not to get rekt'd by DB before level 175, now it's getting worse because DB dmg is reduced by demi/range reduction. And how do you kill a decent geared Chaser, I will let you answer the question. If you wanna do something about GoH, why don't you add a delay on masq? Then people would probably bring up the suicidal mechs and probably RT in pvp or the Kagerou class. So in my opinion, it's pointless to discuss about the class balance here. We're focusing on DB here, and this class is called RK. If you wanna QQ about your sob stories of getting rekt'd by some "unbalanced" classes, go play that class and wreck others. 

Edited by JIGSAW, 03 February 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#33 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

I was pretty much against the delay but seeing how it stopped people from doing retarded stuff, and it's not as awful as I thought... nah, don't have to revert the change.

It's still easily playable.

Edited by meli, 03 February 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#34 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

Not sure if sura is not OP or some people just have no ideas how to play this class lol

About putting a fixed after cast delay, why cant iRO skill mechanisms be normal like kRO's. I dont play kRO but does DB in kRO have this fixed cast delay too? If there is not in kRO, this is pretty unfair to iRO RK players.

kro doesnt have safe certs, bmx3, gramps,enrich event and some other goodies. if they take off the band becaue kro doesnt have it then we might as well take the rest of the stuff out that kro doesnt have ^.^ right?

#35 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

neither of those servers have anything like that do they?

Just found an old post from 2011...

"But the jRO uses a hybrid of nProtect and RagDefender. It does cause troubles for users though. No FRAPS, XFIRE, x64 Bit OS, and login screen takes loads of Memory."

Sounds like garbage. No ty.

thats too old search again.

#36 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Take a look at ROPD, 39/246 which is 15.8% of the 175's are RKs, and it used to be way more than that before level 175 hit.

Yea there used to be way more 175 RK's before 175 hit.

#37 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

Yea there used to be way more 175 RK's before 175 hit.

like omg like im like omg...

like still tryin to figer dat out ya kno? like yea !

#38 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

havenn feisty today

#39 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Hahahahahahahaha. Wait... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're a funny character. I don't know if you're trying to be a troll, or just don't know how GoH works. It's no where near as OP as DB is. DB is a set 75 SP. GoH on the other hand, is a set 30% of total SP. You require 5 spheres to even cast it. Unlike DB, which can be spammed into oblivion, even with the Cast Delay nerf it received. The dragon breath skills even cast a debuff skill, burning and freezing. Not enough? They can put on mail breakers and sword breakers to break equipment on chars who are unlucky enough to not have FCP. Still not enough? They can use 2 different elements, water and fire, with the elemental portion being applied to the final damage step. Suras cannot spam GoH on a group, but any Rune Knight can hit everyone with 1 click. Your opinion of a good nerf is illogical. How about we give Arrow Storm a fixed cast time  of 5 seconds and a 30 second cooldown, and every time you use it, you lose 30% of your sp?

I know DB is OP,dont change the fact that GOH is too.

what is 30% nowadays? 3 woe Potions = yey

Yeah,im with u to nerf AS,its really op but hey... Ranger is a glass cannon.

(u probably know im ranger player but i use more warg than as,whatever for me)

#40 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

They should just do the same thing to GOH they did to dragon breath, make reduction affect the hp/sp portion. It'd be fine then =P

#41 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

They should just do the same thing to GOH they did to dragon breath, make reduction affect the hp/sp portion. It'd be fine then =P

Impossible to gravity,they like to nerf expanded classes,maestros (miss Arrow Vulcan too much) and Mechanics (yeah,for me mechanic should be better for woe/pvp).

i Always try to understand what they think about GOH/DB/AS,maybe on kRO those skills are bad... idk...

#42 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

You get that, JuggernautJones?   :p_omg:

#43 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

what's the pvp scene like in kRO? if everyone is just a pve carebear over there then a lot of these skills being so OP starts to make much more sense.

#44 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

All these problems really come from the fact that iRO has tons of mvps.

RK DB without tao doesnt hurt one bit.
Ranger AS without thanatos hits like a 2-year-old child does a roundhouse kick.
Sura GoH somewhat hurt without tao, but not too bad.

I really feel sorry for non-tao RKs, their DB hits like garbage and yet there is a fixed cast delay too. And we wonder why there are no new players to join WoE and it is now dying and boring lol

Edited by ChakriGuard, 03 February 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#45 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

And we wonder why there are no new players to join WoE and it is now dying and boring lol

only just now?

#46 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:52 PM

All these problems really come from the act that iRO has tons of mvps.

RK's DB without tao doesnt hurt one bit.
Ranger's AS without thanatos hits like a 2-year-old child does a roundhouse kick.
Sura's Fist and GoH somewhat hurt without tao and megs, but not too bad.

I really feel sorry for non-tao RKs, their DB hits like garbage and yet there is a fixed cast delay too. And we wonder why there are no new players to join WoE and it is now dying and boring lol

u're right but u know about bRO/pRO?

bRO OP Cards Price,they have more bots than iRO+jRO+kRO together.

TAO 300m

SS 1b~1.5b

Kiel less than 10b

Hatii 300m

Howard MVP 2b~4b

Eremes MVP less than 10b

FB less than 10b and now they have sealed FB (3b)

i cant forgot this :

Recovery Ring [1]

a special ring for recovery. Feels energetic
VIT + 1, MHP + 250, MaxHP + 10%.
[Heal] increase recovery 5% from item
cannot be refined, destroyed
Class : accessory
Def : 5 weight : 10
Jobs : All Jobs available

i trying to say,i agree with u, iRO have a lot of MVP cards/gears that makes DB/GOH op as hell but its not like pRO/bRO...

GOH and DB should be balancead

about AS : i cant say too much,for me,AS without Thanatos/SS dont hurt ... but should be balancead too

Edited by Hissis, 03 February 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#47 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

u're right but u know about bRO/pRO?

bRO OP Cards Price,they have more bots than iRO+jRO+kRO together.

TAO 300m

SS 1b~1.5b

Kiel less than 10b

Hatii 300m

Howard MVP 2b~4b

Eremes MVP less than 10b

FB less than 10b and now they have sealed FB (3b)

i cant forgot this :

Recovery Ring [1]

a special ring for recovery. Feels energetic
VIT + 1, MHP + 250, MaxHP + 10%.
[Heal] increase recovery 5% from item
cannot be refined, destroyed
Class : accessory
Def : 5 weight : 10
Jobs : All Jobs available

i trying to say,i agree with u, iRO have a lot of MVP cards/gears that makes DB/GOH op as hell but its not like pRO/bRO...

GOH and DB should be balancead

about AS : i cant say too much,for me,AS without Thanatos/SS dont hurt ... but should be balancead too

Trade +9 Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb [1] for Tao?

#48 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Trade +9 Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb [1] for Tao?

Nu,but if u put a Raydric card... YES

:heh:

#49 JuggernautJones

JuggernautJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

That's actually a reasonable nerf. What would you say to the many people who don't own a Tao though? I know people who like to play as a glass cannon sura, keeping their hp at 30% or less and wearing HP buffing gears instead of Reduction ones. GR makes most suras GoH tickle, even when they only have around 30% HP. Given how much room people have for stats now too, you can definitely get more HP or Agi for flee to make GoH miss. (When I say miss, I mean that only the HP portion of the damage hits, and not the physical.)

I know DB is OP,dont change the fact that GOH is too.

what is 30% nowadays? 3 woe Potions = yey

Yeah,im with u to nerf AS,its really op but hey... Ranger is a glass cannon.

(u probably know im ranger player but i use more warg than as,whatever for me)

GoH is not OP. It's OP when you're wearing a Tao and at low HP. Get your facts straight.

30% of about 3k SP is about 1000 SP, in comparison to 75 SP for DB and 48 SP for AS. It is a big difference, and you know it.

Yeah, they are a glass cannon, but they can also shield switch in between AS casts, to lower incoming DPS. Suras can be glass cannons too, being heavily dependent on HP buffing gears, but taking a lot more DPS in return.

I know exactly who you are. I also know that you are aware that changing the way GoH physically interacts in game (Fixed Cast Delay) is not a reasonable nerf, because of how much of a penalty comes along with using GoH.

Edited by JuggernautJones, 03 February 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#50 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

That's actually a reasonable nerf. What would you say to the many people who don't own a Tao though? I know people who like to play as a glass cannon sura, keeping their hp at 30% or less and wearing HP buffing gears instead of Reduction ones. GR makes most suras GoH tickle, even when they only have around 30% HP. Given how much room people have for stats now too, you can definitely get more HP or Agi for flee to make GoH miss. (When I say miss, I mean that only the HP portion of the damage hits, and not the physical.)

GoH is not OP. It's OP when you're wearing a Tao and at low HP. Get your facts straight.

30% of about 3k SP is about 1000 SP, in comparison to 75 SP for DB and 48 SP for AS. It is a big difference, and you know it.

Yeah, they are a glass cannon, but they can also shield switch in between AS casts, to lower incoming DPS. Suras can be glass cannons too, being heavily dependent on HP buffing gears, but taking a lot more DPS in return.

I know exactly who you are. I also know that you are aware that changing the way GoH physically interacts in game (Fixed Cast Delay) is not a reasonable nerf, because of how much of a penalty comes along with using GoH.

u're fun :heh: 

u have problems with SP :heh:  :heh:

----//----

WoE Blue Potion

The freshest blue organic herbs are used to make this potion.

•Status during WoE & PvP:◦Restores 10% of Max SP

Weight : 8

10%+10%+10%= 30% = GOH SP COST

Enjoy :

150 video,now with the new gears and lvl 175 u can have a 150 character TAO HP without TAO.

Lets focus on DB,not on GOH.

Edited by Hissis, 03 February 2015 - 01:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users