kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

So I thought I would share with you guys the comic I have been working on for quite some time now! :D It's a Dragon Saga fancomic, a sequel to the game, called "Showdown". Instead of humans, it mainly revolves around dragons, one of the main characters being Deckard (the one who promotes you to your next class at lvl 60). I'm still learning but I think it's pretty decent. :)

Synopsis: 300 years after the second (and hopefully final) defeat and imprisonment of the cursed Dark Dragonlord Elga, the Kingdom of Dragotaka is still not free from turmoils. With the death of the old Dragonlord Vyvern and the uncertain fate of the throne, inner fighting once again shows up among the many races. Deckard, Vyvern's foster son and former Great Guardian now faces with the toughest decision of his life yet, fearing the responsibility with what the crown comes, but also desperately trying to keep the country from sinking into civil war. And if the political chaos was not enough, something far bigger foreboding edges ever closer to the world with each passing day.

I already have most of Chapter 1 ready, only a few pages left. I update irregularly, because of schoolwork and other obstacles. Bear with me!

Also, my mothertongue is NOT English. If you spot any spelling/grammatical/other error in my writings, feel free to let me know so I can correct it! :) (Don't be a dick about it though.)

With all that out of the way, hope you guys enjoy it and I am open for criticism! :p_laugh:

showdown_ch_1_cover_by_kenyizsu-d2s7v5k.

showdown_ch_1___page_1_by_kenyizsu-d2s7v

showdown_ch_1___page_2_by_kenyizsu-d2sbb

Edited by kenyizsu, 23 February 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#2 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

Ooookay, I decided I would upload one page per day until I hit the end of the stock. After that, it will most likely be irregular updating.

Enjoy! :p_smile:

showdown_ch_1___page_3_by_kenyizsu-d2tzd

#3 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

showdown_ch_1___page_4_by_kenyizsu-d2zj6

#4 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

showdown_ch_1___page_5_by_kenyizsu-d327r

#5 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

showdown_ch_1___page_6_by_kenyizsu-d32cx

#6 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

Also, I forgot to mention it (because I am just soooo experienced in this field XDD) but ask right away if you have questions regarding the comic! Of course I won't spoiler the story, but anything else I'll try my best to answer. :p_hi:

showdown_ch_1__page_7_by_kenyizsu-d32ru4

#7 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Excuse me for the sudden break in the uploads. I became very sick and only now do I feel well enough to continue it.  :p_sick:  Two pages for today as a compensation! :p_laugh:

showdown_ch_1__page_8_by_kenyizsu-d34nac

showdown_ch_1___page_9_by_kenyizsu-d3568

#8 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

showdown_ch_1___page_10_by_kenyizsu-d3b1

#9 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

showdown_ch_1___page_11_by_kenyizsu-d7ol

#10 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Bleh, not my best work ever, but since I'm learning on my own, it takes some time to figure these "dynamics" thing out. Harder than you'd think! :hmm:

showdown_ch_1___page_12_by_kenyizsu-d7rm

#11 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

This is amazing!!

#12 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

This is amazing!!

I totally agree. Very cool, really!

#13 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

This is amazing!!

I totally agree. Very cool, really!

Thank you guys so much, you are so cute! :p_love:
 I hope I can keep entertaining you!

As for this page.... well, I decided to introduce the main magic of Deckard too, since Marada already had his "cameo". In this comic, Deckard uses "Knight Magic" that mainly consists of summoning weapons and armorsets to oneself.

It's really weird, he's, like, using... Ice magic during the Emporia Wars? Oo Where did that come from?

showdown_ch_1___page_13_by_kenyizsu-d7u1

#14 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

One of the main reasons I really like working on fantasy-related pictures is the multitude-ness of special effects. :D Like this water magic. It was really fun to draw!

showdown_ch_1___page_14_by_kenyizsu-d7wl

#15 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

Sorry for the later-than-usual update. Been traveling a lot today. x.x

This Waterlock might just be the dickest move of Marada. Love it. -u-

showdown_ch_1___page_15_by_kenyizsu-d8aw

#16 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Ooooooh boy, we are nearing the end of the stock, I just realized. Oo"

showdown_ch_1___page_16_by_kenyizsu-d8bz

#17 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

wow, what a great story and brilliant work. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  :p_smile:

#18 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

wow, what a great story and brilliant work. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.  :p_smile:

Thank YOU for taking a look at it. :) You have no idea how much comments like this mean for me. :p_love: I wish I could express it somehow though.

Today's page is all about how an about-to-drown Deckard attempts to behead his foe.
Fun fact: originally the rivalry of Deckard and Marada would have been much lighter. They would slap each other around a bit but for the most part they would be very peaceful. But as I worked on this first chapter (REWRITING it, more likely... you don't want to know how the original looked like... :sob: ), somehow their fight became far more serious. And I gotta say, I like it this way better. :)

showdown_ch_1___page_17_by_kenyizsu-d8go

#19 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

Allllright, everyone, I've got good news... aaaand bad news. The bad news is: this is the last finished page of the rewritten Chapter 1. The good news is: page 19 is around halfway done so you won't have to wait that much for it... HOPEFULLY!! You have no idea how hectic Architecture University can be... Or maybe some of you do, those will understand perfectly.

Long story short: Irregular update patterns are coming up, please be patient!

Love you all, thanks! :p_smile:

showdown_ch_1___page_18_by_kenyizsu-d8ia

#20 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Pffhew, this page was done rather quickly. Guess there weren't that many effects as in the previous ones. University is of course not helping, but it sure can't stop me, only slow me down. :p_laugh:

A few words about Tamara, the wife of Deckard: She is turning out to be a straightforward, sometimes harsh but definitely strong-willed dragoness. Basically the right-hand of Deckard and often his mental support in tough situations. Also another big foe of Marada, the two of them are even more at each other's throats than Deckard and Marada are. Mainly because the sea dragon is kinda sexist and doesn't think much of female dragons.

Thank you for your patience! Love you all! :p_hi:

showdown_ch_1___page_19_by_kenyizsu-d8k6

Edited by kenyizsu, 05 March 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#21 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

Bad news, everyone! You see, now that I'm at Uni, I don't live with my parents but in a smaller flat waaaay up in the capital city. I do have a scanner here, but guess what: it broke down! And I honestly can't tell how or WHEN it will be fixed. Also because of homework I cannot go home (where there is a working scanner) this week or next week either. I can try to take a photo of the next page then work on it, but I can't promise anything: the quality might just be bad enough not to work.

You have no idea how pissed I am right now, but what can we do here? :sob:  Please bear with me and thank you for your patience!

.... Bbbbbut if any of you happen to have an answer to why my Canon PIXMA MG5200 Printer doesn't want connect to my computer (even after connecting it to the LAN a thousand and one times already) then maybe you can help me and speed this process up! Any ideas? :p_swt:

#22 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Nooooo! My (almost) everynight comic moment! Anyways, first things that i come up with:
-Are your printers drivers up to date?
-Can you connect your printer to computer with usb-cable? If yes, does your computer detect the printer that way?
-Does your printer show at all in control panel-devices and printers? If yes, is there little yellow mark on it? That usually means there is problems to solve with device.

My fingers are crossed :)

#23 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

http://www.usa.canon..._MG5220_win.pdf 

:hmm:

#24 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

Thank you guys for all your help! :p_laugh: Unfortunately the USB-connection is out of quesiton, but I'll try checking the other stuff you suggested. Hopefully I can get this right. If not.. well, let's hope my mobile takes good enough photos.

#25 kenyizsu

kenyizsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

Helllloooo, guys!

I wish I could say I have great news, but... quite the opposite actually. Just when I thought there is a hope that I can get my scanner to work again... my laptop died.

To be fair, she has been singing her swan song for some time now, so we ordered some spare parts, waited for 6 weeks for them (it was "awesome" I must say...), sent her to maintenance where they finally fixed her... only to discover that now she is literally useless as she shuts down every 2-3 minutes. This means they had to order OTHER spare parts and keep my laptop there with them. If I am lucky, I will only have to go the next week without her. If not... three weeks. Not only is my performance this semester is at danger now, I also can't do ANYTHING: no drawing, no story-writing. All I can do now is take photos of my works but I really don't want to do that because the pencil version of the comicpages are always a mess. It wouldn't do justice to Showdown. I am forced to use my tenant's laptop but she needs it too and I don't want to be a bother for her. :p_sick:

I'm sorry, guys, I'm really bumped now... But I decided to let you guys know about the current situation, because I really do hate leaving others hanging, especially such an amazing bunch of people like you who appreciate my comic! I promise I will let you guys know the MOMENT I get my laptop back, but for now.... Showdown is taking a longer break than I had anticipated.

My god, was that painful to write! Ugh! :sob:

The most I can offer now is share some Dragonsaga and Showdown related older pics, pencil and digital ones,sketches and finished works. If you are interested, please tell me and I will post them one or two per day (with possible smaller breaks), just to TRY looking alive... Idunno.

So should I do that or just stay low and only show up when my laptop is back on track?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users