#1 Swordyboys

Swordyboys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

Okay so real quick, you know how most DB RK's use a Quad AS mace and a Quad HS mace, one for damage and one for health regen?

My question is, is it viable to use a Double HS double AS Mace as a primary weapon so you don't have to switch.

Anyone ever experiment with it and still have rather substantial health regen when mobbing?

I have used an Erde however I found that a quad AS mace does more than a double EA double AS erde.

#2 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

I can't speak to your original request, but about your last comment that a 4x AS mace does more damage than a 2x EA# 2x AS Erde...

1x AS card gives you +10% ranged damage. EA5 gives you +10% ranged damage. Unless your two EA enchants totaled at least EA10 (e.g., 2x EA5 OR EA4 EA6) along with the 2x AS cards, the 4x AS mace would provide a larger bonus.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Problems with 2:2 combo - not only do you have a weapon that is not ideal in either circumstance, the HF cards get much weaker. 

HF cards stack BOTH WAYS - both the proc rate AND the % of damage regen'ed. If you have no other HP leech effects on, HF cards stack quadratically - that is, 2 HF cards are 4 times as good as 1, and 4 HF cards are 4 times as good for HP regen as 2. The effect is somewhat less pronounced if you're wearing RWH/Van, but yeah - if you're going HF cards, you want to go all HF cards because of how they stack. 

4x AS Mace beats 2x AS EA 9-or-less, but EA10+ 2x AS Erde beats 4x AS Mace. 

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Erde also has +50 SP, so there is that.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Everyone else pretty much posted all the reasons already, but I can confirm that at least I can't think of any reason to use a half-half weapon. 4xHF = pure soloing situation, 4xAS = party situation or you aren't the main tank. Also I can't really recommend using any less than 4 HF cards unless you have like an MVP card or two as any less than 4 really is a lot less effective in most situations I've tried.

#6 Swordyboys

Swordyboys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

so 4 HF mace is used for leveling and a 4 AS mace is used primarily for party situations?

#7 iSupport

iSupport

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:00 AM

E10 + 2 AS will do Damage more than 4 AS

#8 Swordyboys

Swordyboys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

ok so I have an+9 Erde Ea 4/5 with 2 AS, will that do more damage than a +9 Quad AS? and If not would it be practical to eliminate weapon switching with a 2HS/2AS +9 Quad Mace? 

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:13 AM

The most practical thing is stick to a +40% range weapon and use Medium Life Potion to keep your HP full.

#10 LightSalmon

LightSalmon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

ok so I have an+9 Erde Ea 4/5 with 2 AS, will that do more damage than a +9 Quad AS? and If not would it be practical to eliminate weapon switching with a 2HS/2AS +9 Quad Mace? 

Draw your own conclusions.  :thumb2:

Spoiler

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Draw your own conclusions.  :thumb2:

Spoiler

In other words,a  38% Erde and a 40% mace[4] do so close damage its pretty much irrelevant. Though if the reader is getting super technical, the mace[4] does ~74 more damage.

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

Again, as the whole thread has been saying, there isn't really much point to having a "hybrid" weapon with 2 HS / 2 AS. If you're in a party situation, that probably means there's an AB who can heal you back up or you should be potting back up yourself ASAP (especially in the case of DB since the damage depends on your CURRENT HP). In party situations you probably want to maximize damage. In tank situations you probably want to be maximizing survivability.

I can SORT OF think of one situation where you would use 2 HS / 2 AS, which would be if you are solo hunting monsters more than 50 levels below you perhaps, and you don't need a whole ton of HP leech. This really is kind of rare-ish though.

#13 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Weapon switching isn't difficult either. Just hotkey the weapon(s). Use your Erde until your HP falls below a certain percent (e.g., 50%). If it does, switch to the 4x HF Mace until your HP is back up to your desired percent (e.g. 90%).

#14 5936130809090831630

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

Problems with 2:2 combo - not only do you have a weapon that is not ideal in either circumstance, the HF cards get much weaker. 

HF cards stack BOTH WAYS - both the proc rate AND the % of damage regen'ed. If you have no other HP leech effects on, HF cards stack quadratically - that is, 2 HF cards are 4 times as good as 1, and 4 HF cards are 4 times as good for HP regen as 2. The effect is somewhat less pronounced if you're wearing RWH/Van, but yeah - if you're going HF cards, you want to go all HF cards because of how they stack. 

sorry for necroing

can you explain this more detail about how multiple hf work drazzy ? so 2hf will give 12% chance to get 60% damage as hp (4times than 1hf) ? and 4hf will give 48% chance to get 240% damage as hp (4times than 2hf)?

#15 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hunter Fly cards stack quadratically because of the proc chance and leech amount.

Example:

1x HF card: 3% chance to drain 15% damage dealt as HP

2x HF card: 3+3% chance to drain 15+15% damage dealt as HP.

With 2x HF cards, your proc rate is twice as effective as 1x HF card, and your leech amount is twice as much as 1x HF card. 2 * 2 = 4.

That's why 2x HF cards are 4x as effective as 1x HF card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users