Lets Talk Gem Stones - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lets Talk Gem Stones

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Lets Talk Gem Stones (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we do this?

1. Yes (20 votes [90.91%])

Percentage of vote: 90.91%

2. No (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Currently Gemstones are a somewhat annoying item to get if you need anything but Blue Gemstones.

Currently you buy them at 600z a piece

2 Blue get converted into 1 Red (1200z)

2 Red get converted into 1 Yellow (2400z)

We can remove this annoying step by adjusting the NPC selling values and adding them to the Tool Dealer's Sell List. We will however disable the ability to sell them to NPCs.

We have heard concerns that this will make some skills a little bit more abusive since ammo will be less tedious to get.

Please answer the poll and provide feedback by replying to the thread.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

Abuse my arse, oh no, not dispell, magnetic earth and ganbantien! Those are worse than acid bomb or infinite gfist!

People just bot the npc to get around the tediousness, those of us who don't speak perl are at a disadvantage.

If you want to discuss something being abused due to less tedium, consider removing crystal fragments from gsb and slap yourself in the face the next time ygg seeds are considered to drop from anything over 50% rate.

This is pretty much the logic with anything, but nobody seems to give a damn if it's not gfist or acid bomb (the two skills most limited by "tedium" and the most abused).

Edited by Xellie, 09 February 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

It's really a pretty minor thing, quality of life changes like this are what make it easier for people to continue playing the game. The less time we have to spend potting/storaging/exchanging/mindlessly farming the more time we get to spend actually playing the game with our friends and guildmades.

#4 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

I wasn't even aware you could trade blues in for reds/yellows. I'm not particularly sure what's tedious though seeing as he'll convert all the stones in your inventory automatically if you ask.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the gems no longer being saleable. Getting a few gemstones while levelling a new character was always a decent bit of money, enough to buy a pair of sandals and a hood maybe, but that's an era long past I think.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

I wasn't even aware you could trade blues in for reds/yellows. I'm not particularly sure what's tedious though seeing as he'll convert all the stones in your inventory automatically if you ask.

I'm not sure I like the idea of the gems no longer being saleable. Getting a few gemstones while levelling a new character was always a decent bit of money, enough to buy a pair of sandals and a hood maybe, but that's an era long past I think.

The issue is weight limit, if you can carry 1k blue gems, you get 250 yellow gems. that's a lot of tedium.

#6 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

I'm not really convinced you would need to stop them from being sold to the NPC, since theres no way I can think of to abuse their price change, and theres only a couple monsters that even drop them at any reasonable rate.

Overall I don't see any drawback to stocking them in a regular NPC like blue gems.

#7 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

The issue is weight limit, if you can carry 1k blue gems, you get 250 yellow gems. that's a lot of tedium.

Is that on a vend slave? 'Cuz yeah, that'd get pretty bad.

#8 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:45 AM

Can we get an update on the status of this proposed change as well?

#9 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

We have heard concerns that this will make some skills a little bit more abusive since ammo will be less tedious to get.

It's tedious to get a large amount of yellow gems, but to get what you need for one woe should not take more than 10 minutes. It should make no change in how much skills are thrown around.

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

This has been put in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users