3 replies to this topic

#1 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

I feel like this game is lacking some important component to attract new players, to give them a briefing of what it feels like to be in the end game content stages. Because, any new players who join this game just simply will not have the chance to experience the essense of this game before they quit. They won't see the major activities area until they grind to Lv.40 (Junon polis), and to be honest how many of them actually know Junon polis is the major activity area? (Back when I started this game, zant was the center of the game, it was fine to get there because there are other players along in the noob area, but now everywhere is empty)

New players currently lacked a group of peers who can help each other out until they can finally reach the center of the game. I feel like they just keep grinding and grinding, from adventurer's plain (ghost town) to valley of luxem tower (ghost town) to city of zant (ghost town) to breezy hill (ghost town) to el verloon desert (ghost town) to animal lake (ghost town) and finally to the major activity area (junon polis). You think anyone can actually go through 6 stages of ghost town without quitting? (And who knows if a noob actually make a right turn at animal lake and wandered to Forest of wisdom and then Kenji beach and gorge of silence?)

So, may be it's time to do something about it? I was thinking about the concept of "Prologue character". In other words, a preset character. (I think it should be triggered after you get your first character to Lv.10, so you can decide what class to pick precisely)

Rules

-triggered at Lv.10
-All Lv.230 with 10m zulies
-Respawn point at Junon
-8 different preset characters (SupportCleric, Mage, LauncherBourg, GunArtisan, KatarRaider, BowScout, 1-hand Knight, SwordChamp)
-Fixed equipment, fixed skill setup, stat build, maxed blessing passive, no costume
-Disabled trade/vend function (so they don't have an influence to our market)
-Disabled trade/shout chat (to prevent ZS spam)
-Have access to all 4 planets
-Can pick up items, but cannot drop items
-Cannot join a party (to prevent using them as Pleveler)

What they can do

-All PvM (regular monster, boss hunt, HOO, COU, SOD, questing)
-All PvP (PKing, Training ground, CD, DP, AA)
-may be they should have a separate queue for game arena though because their noobliness will bother the players that actually want to go through them quickly)
-They will be given a list of achievement, like complete an HOO, join a CD, so on, once they finish the whole list, they will be given the option to continue where they left off at Lv.10 or pick one of another 8 preset character

#2 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

i remembered 1 time (i don't remeber if it is from this server), where if the monster is still purple name the damage dealt and the chance to hit that monster will be reduced by a high percentage. There is where noobies have to go through those places first before going junon polis

Edited by MarK1789, 09 February 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:36 AM

It's not just there that people are quitting though. I have seen many make it past that stage, and quit when they get to around level 160 or so. I think that if more quests (good ones) were created, then it would be possible to solo level. As it is, I have been solo leveling an artisan for awhile now, and it gets hard. I play for an hour,  and maybe get 10%. I have no quests which I can complete at that level so all I can do is solo grinding. This gets extremely boring.

Edited by pdfisher, 10 February 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#4 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

maybe gaining experience upon finishing a dungeon might help? also this might wake the sleeping Dg's in the low lvl tier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users