Forgotten Payon: First Impressions Post Here - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Forgotten Payon: First Impressions Post Here

47 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hello, everyone.

We wanted to have an area for players to give us their first impressions, feedback, and bugs with the Forgotten Payon update so we can start working on it.

If you have any to provide, please post here by using the following format:

Summary

(Brief description of impression, feedback, or bug)

Description

(You can go into detail here)

Steps to Reproduce

(If it's a bug or exploit, this is important. If it's feedback and referencing a specific aspect, this can help, too)

Video/Image Link

(Helps us show where and what you mean)

I want to thank any contributors ahead of time. Your feedback helps us out tremendously.

Njoror

#2 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

My first impression...the map itself is attractive.  I like the layout and the new monsters.  It was pleasant to be there, and I would really love some of those new monsters as pets or mounts.  I also like the fact that there are lots of dailies.  

I was kind of hoping for a regular quest chain as well, but I guess it's better than nothing.

The one thing that I am mystified over is how exactly I am to level up?  The monsters really don't give much for exp, and lets face it as nice as the dailies are that too shall wear thin.

The biggest problem is the lack of daily divine protection now.  The monsters are very hard to kill at ML31...even with a full raid everyone died several times.  Repair costs were high, divine will be blown through really fast, and leveling will be incredibly slow if we have no way to keep from losing those precious points.  I know we can still farm points in DW, but I am certain we will hit a level that prohibits that as well.

So while aesthetically I like it and it's great to have new content...with this has come some very large issues that as it stands now I don't see how they can be overcome without infinite time and patience.

#3 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

problems about the eddga set. (refine/infinium)

First of all we all know that defense is capped at 75% then magic class have to refine their whole set in order to have good defense which means that we have to spent infinium alot.

Now let's look at warrior's set example, the eddga shirt has basically something like 3k defense, and if you add it +20 that will add 6k defense=about 9k defense...they have to refine ne gear and that's all they're done..that's not fair compared to other classes.

#4 7156130506130558503

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:20 AM

lol, Karnium again :hmm:

#5 Reag

Reag

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

Sir Njoror can we have a database of the drop of the mobs/boss at forgotten payon?

#6 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationStrawberry Land
  • Server:Pandora

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

:p_hi: ? HOning OIl can be Looted at FLIPs ..???? well i looted one 0-0 prolly a momentary error ..? 

#7 jaecob

jaecob

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:46 PM

i have a problem with the cazar items... :sob:  can you make it "tradable" even its already equipped :heh:

:thx:

#8 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

i have a problem with the cazar items... :sob:  can you make it "tradable" even its already equipped :heh:

:thx:

but i think its fine the way they are XDD

#9 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

PROPOSAL : 

why not sell items like 4S-5S sloted Costume at the premium shop XDDD, oh and the RO Costumes XDD 

#10 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:20 PM

Even normal mobs hurt like hell.

#11 asdasdqwzxc

asdasdqwzxc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

New content is always good. It's fun and it keep players busy.

I'll list some of my suggestions.

1. Provide us a detailed list of  Boss' skills and on how each skill works or how the boss uses them.

2. A database of Monsters for players to know where to get certain items or items for their class( not only on Forgotten Payon maps).

3. All around Forgotten Payon the placement of the monsters are too close to each other. There are no safe routes when you want to go to certain places unless you're hiding (condor,rafflesia).

4. Zeny Sink. You increased repair prices but you didn't consider increasing Forgotten Payon's normal item values to compensate for the repairs,etc. No income at all. (Ignatius gears for 10"RUPEE" ,anyone?"

Hmm, I think that's it for now. 

Nonetheless I am currently enjoying every new content and it is quite challenging, you just need to put up tidbits of information instead of letting people to study each Boss' actions and sacrificing lots of EXP, Spinels  Divine Protection(1nb4 DP on Kafra Shop) and in order to do that. 

Bug :

1. Love Disupter Quest, NPC : John Pestin - If you killed the monsters on the Quest and then reconnect, Furseal Diver resets to 0 and cannot be finished(Need to abandon and retake to finish)

Edit : added a bug.

Edited by asdasdqwzxc, 11 February 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#12 xkidzx

xkidzx

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

Edited by xkidzx, 11 February 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#13 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

New blueseed and greenseed runes improved a lot knight and warriors, my ML21 knight (Osiris set) whit +15-20 blue and redseed runes now is able to survive a fight against a forgotten payon monster, his vigor and haste are so high that I barely have time to click the next skill button before he autoattack, i can use shieldbash every 2 skill rotations and all of this in exchange of only 1000 HP that i lost during the transation of the runes. Other classes I'm sure didn't have this boost in damage instead a lot of them were really nerfed.

On the map itself there are no safe zones no safe trips noroads that allow you to reach zones of the maps without fight, exactly how was in DW  but DW is smaller compared to the new map.

New maps are becoming party only but not all the players have friends that log in when they do or like to do all in a party, I can understand parties for bosses and minibosses but party to just explore a field or kill a couple mobs this is definitely unfair for players whit less friends. Seems like you force players to level up in group and only after when overpowered go back and farm alone dna, cards, better runes, better honing and so on but at the same time you don't want this and you put a drop nerf for higher levels. At last in dayr you could party to level up or do the daylies alone, you can go until the end of the map avoiding combat as it is until morocc map now everything need to be done in group. 

The idea of sell cazar gears for bp or mp litterally killed the 2 dungoens related no one want do that it ìs quite impossible to find parties already and the situation can only go worst, why would i lose time whit cazar dropped in the dungeons if 5 levels after i can gain edgar and himmelmex is way more easier to get? If i want cazar so much i can just buy it whit BP BUT not doing colosseum just simply killing monsters in WoE.

About the others implementations I think they are the worst thing this game saw since AoV or the honing roll back:

Lets say you need 100 zenny to buy a crafted sword, after a few that sword at 100 zenny doesn't sell (less zenny around) so you have to lower the price at 90 zenny. Where is the problem? 90 zenny are equal to the 100 zenny way back BUT you spent zenny to make that sword what if that sword costed you 95 zenny? Before you gained 5 zenny now you lose 5 zenny. You can not lower the price but in this case who craft later will buy cheaper mats due to the same reason. This means the more you wait the more you will lose! On the other hand a player whit zenny will wait and won't buy anything so that his zenny will gain buy power while the prices decreases. Crafter will lost zenny and reasons to keep crafting rich will lost reasons to spend. Lets now think about the possibility that crafters won't buy mats but farm them, without the drop nerf, crafters will need the same time as before to farm mats but the zenny gained will be lower because them mats are depriced. Now lets add the drop nerf that add time needed to farm them mats proportional whit the level difference, tgus bring 2 more problems:
1) even more time to farm the same quantities
2) less appealing to farm mats for goodoes for lower levels
Now we can add also the depricing of the drops that bought another big problem less zenny gained selling them to npc! This is a virtual increase of the repair costs that were already virtually increased by the fact that if you need to kill more mobs to get the same number of mats you automatically get more damage on your gear duration! The depricing of gears is so high that the actual difference berween zenny gained-zenny sold is negative. Lets add that cazar repair prices are increased and the scenario is even worst.
In this scenario who will win? Botters that won't suffer too much from the drop nerf because they litterally don't put effort in the game, botters don't need to level up they can always stay at the same level and farm in the range instead players need and want to level up; zenny seller for real money will become even more appealing, rich will buy fast before the prices grown too much, poor (in game) will buy them later to just go on in the game, some other will simply quit. 

#14 jaecob

jaecob

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

in QUEST of HEROES event why new players and returning players will get 

(Super Large Bag)

(Storage Slot Expansion)

and Current players only

Munil’s Accessory random box (May)

Munil’s Costume random box (May)

Buff Item

Character Name Change

Elite Membership Card

Skill Reset Scroll

Card Album (7 day)

why you didn't add (Super Large Bag)(Storage Slot Expansion)on the current players?

are you prioritizing new players and not the current players

#15 jaecob

jaecob

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

but i think its fine the way they are XDD

what should i do in my cazar sets if i have already a eddga sets :questionmark:

stock  it on storage, sell to NPC or destroy :sob:

#16 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

what should i do in my cazar sets if i have already a eddga sets :questionmark:

stock  it on storage, sell to NPC or destroy :sob:

max both and see if it's really better Eddga set whit all these changes

#17 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

max both and see if it's really better Eddga set whit all these changes

prefer edda...it gives more stats than cazar....(+30 wis from edda tho...is it useful??lel)

#18 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:21 PM

New blueseed and greenseed runes improved a lot knight and warriors, my ML21 knight (Osiris set) whit +15-20 blue and redseed runes now is able to survive a fight against a forgotten payon monster, 

ok lets say wearing osiris set +15-20, u can survive from the normal monsters alone... But daily Boss Quest??

i dun think so... i partied with a monk +20 cazar set with 40k+ hp and got killed with just 1 hit from the boss... i mean...seriously? how can we manage to kill it if some players using +20 cazar cant withstand the attack by just 1 flick only...

the Over Powerd Boss' in forgotten payon are: Cat o Ninetail, Eddga, and the "butterfly-ish boss" deals 30k-80k dmge hit with 1 blow  (kushinda's body guards "panda" deals huge amount of dmge as well and it's just a normal mob not even a mini boss)

cloth users with +20 set gears cant even do a solo-quest, why? with just 1 mob u can only last for 2-4 hits and ur dead..... unlike when ur in DW..u can survive even with just +5 gears solo-daily.

Edited by YamamotoKatsuya, 11 February 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#19 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

ok lets say wearing osiris set +15-20, u can survive from the normal monsters alone... But daily Boss Quest??
i dun think so... i partied with a monk +20 cazar set with 40k+ hp and got killed with just 1 hit from the boss... i mean...seriously? how can we manage to kill it if some players using +20 cazar cant withstand the attack by just 1 flick only...

the Over Powerd Boss' in forgotten payon are: Cat o Ninetail, Eddga, and the "butterfly-ish boss" deals 30k-80k dmge hit with 1 blow (kushinda's body guards "panda" deals huge amount of dmge as well and it's just a normal mob not even a mini boss)

cloth users with +20 set gears cant even do a solo-quest, why? with just 1 mob u can only last for 2-4 hits and ur dead..... unlike when ur in DW..u can survive even with just +5 gears solo-daily.

Easy! Get a party whit 2-4 knight that have maxed shield fortress and you can cut 25% of damage taken.
Hard!! Find a knight that still trow skill points in that.

#20 phoenixmaster

phoenixmaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

My impressions of that map...

My class is assassin and i got killed in one hit... I think that map is imposible at least you have good seeds and refined gears, and for a player like me who hasn't many resources or not able to buy them cause is hard farm for zenny... Is something to think about give up the game.

When DW was released, you could go there with Osiris runed gears but not refined and kill alone the monsters, and now that map is for a raid at least...

Is a crazy, and dont earn MP in raid... So why? A dragon who hits 35k? WTF?

And i'm not talking about healing clases who have the lowest defense of all players... I think you should change or balance that map x.x, is too crazy...

#21 Venus7

Venus7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

as priest, i like a lot the new map its smaller than my expectatives but has many things to do, there are too much diverse dialies, i really having fun collecting coins and crafting mats

the mobs they are very hard but not unbeatable, all of them are neutral and i have mixed opinions about it, personally i have four +20 weapons one of each element that now are useless, but i understand most of ppl only has 1

about the field bosses

kepri seems ok kushinada is weak but..
the others ..... i try to understand what was the logic around give field bosses aoe skills that one-shotkill all the raid but i dont get it, they are like dungeon boss

i mean, that strong of a boss is comprehensible when you have a boss room with no other interferences, and you can evaluate when he will send adds or will cast aoe skills but in a field scenary you cant set your raid properly there are no way to run your strategies with all the common mobs respawning around you, in addition there are not engough free space to set your raid members on a strategic position,

other problem is, some of their aoe skills dont have mark on the ground when they will cast it, so no matter what strategy you use unpredictable hits will come over you

ohh almost forgot, i think its unfair that their skills has no cooldown, we were experimented double tornados of 48k in less than 2 secs

that would be fine if new eddga gears has a good amount of vit and defense for cloth users, but .... no much difference on actual gears so whats the point?

there are also an urgently to fix broken payon fact

- there are only 2 mobs on all the map who drops priest gears, thos overpowered kung fu pandas, only 2!!

not so urgelnty:

-  there are no way to kill enchanting trees when i alone:  they just resets its self when is about to die, no matter if im at front, at side or behind i think its a bug

-  there are no mailbox at payon and its needed

- some npc loactions are at middle of npc of aggresive mobs, so the mobs kills you when you are trying to get the quest, also the mobs attacks you but dont attack the npc ?? 404 logic not found

just saying...

- also a 2 more kafra save/storage points would be highly grateful

- flying taxi kafra service, ehm... is not so necessary but we just love it xD

#22 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

I just wanted to add I don't understand why artisans doesn't riot now that their crafted runes are useless

#23 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

I just wanted to add I don't understand why artisans doesn't riot now that their crafted runes are useless

Because Chefs have long since given up since they started putting Chef foods as daily and hourly rewards long ago. Why riot when it won't do anything to change things for the better?

#24 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

Because Chefs have long since given up since they started putting Chef foods as daily and hourly rewards long ago. Why riot when it won't do anything to change things for the better?

Sad but true

#25 johnnykc

johnnykc

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

A friend of mine whos grinding in dayr said that after the last update equipment loots only sell for a few rupees and not zennys

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users