1 reply to this topic

#1 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hi folks, Arby here. This is just a quick and dirty guide I made to reveal some of the mechanics behind "threat" which is not explained well in the game. Most of it is intuitive, but there are a few key aspects that even veteran players may not be aware of. Enjoy.

In RO2, the player or NPC that a monster attacks is determined by threat. Usually, it it is the player with the highest threat that is the focus of attacks. The typical way of building threat is by dealing damage or healing. You can see the amount of threat you have on a targeted monster by checking the Threat Meter, located on your minimap.

i. Generating Threat:

Spoiler

ii. Losing threat:

Spoiler

iii. Threat Modifying Skills
Spoiler

iv. Threat Mechanics
Spoiler

And that’s really all there is to know. Most of this stuff is basic, but hopefully you learned about a mechanic that you didn’t know was there before. Please feel free to post your own feedback.

Edited by Arbalist, 26 October 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#2 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

*Skies split and a heavenly light shines upon me*

I finally understand a lot of situations i've had in the past with lowbies.. Like the boss resetting when the lowbie escaped from it before i took threat back.

Hopefully players can read this and understand why sometimes it's better to avoid certain heal skills when there's a risk of getting too much threat on them.

Great work arby ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users