Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

Come! Don't just Loot... Scavenge!

​​Name of Event: A Silly Scavenger Hunt           :chomok04:   :chomok04:   :chomok04:

Forum or In Game Event: In Game Event

Forum & User Chat optional/supplemental.

Event Date & Time: Saturday, February 28th, 20:00 server time. Until Mar 1st 00:00 server time.
Server & Location: Odin - On various maps somewhere between Prontera and Alberta.

How to enter & Rules: Enable Public Chat during event time and/or visit forums, use hints given

(in event chat during event and listed in forums at event time), collect items, find me, & trade to me.

Prizes: A Stack of Pandora's Boxes to the first 5 correct/complete entries.

Additional Notes:It's a Scavenger Hunt that collects monster drop items rather than screenshots,

and can be done entirely in game+chat, but can also use the forum for a static reviewable clue list.

For a generous length of time (max 4 hours), I will stand somewhere (yet to be discovered by you),

giving clues in Public Chat, and waiting for scavenger hunters to find and deliver their items to me.

More info and rules will be posted prior to and during the event... Keep an eye out for more news!

*assuming internet functionality on my end, event details are not likely to change/be postponed*

More News: I'll also attempt to open an extra chat channel for this event. To join, simply type:

/enter event              

(using no caps) then hit your enter key, (not the space key) immediately after the word 'event'...
Make sure your chat Custom Options have User Ch. enabled (checkmark) so you can see it!

If you have any issues joining this chat channel, just pm me and I'll try to invite you directly.

For this event, I will be playing my lvl 15 Character that has the same ign as my forum name.

Maxscha

Rules:
A total of 9 items must be found, and then my character must be found, & all items traded to me.
Items are collectable by characters around lvl 30, so even newish players are able to participate.

***Later versions may require higher levels, as only so many things drop in the first few maps.***

The Clue List...

***removed for possible future use***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clue to find me...

***removed for possible future use***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This event is concluded and the prizes awarded...

Congratulations to Eischa, MistressHara, Arbalist, Honokaa, & zPedro !!! :p_smile:

And a last minute shout-out goes to JohnVillanueva, who completed the hunt in almost enough time!!! Grats!!!

Thanks all for a great event run!  I had a blast; hope you did too! Cheers! :p_love:

Edited by Maxscha, 01 March 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:19 AM

don't hate me but the recent drop nerf won't affect this scavenger hunt?

#3 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

don't hate me but the recent drop nerf won't affect this scavenger hunt?

Why would I hate you? It's a fair question.

I do not believe this will be any issue, no.

Edited by Maxscha, 12 February 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#4 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

Those in range will have better droprate, but will surely kill slower, depending on the mobs required.

Those overleveled will have lower droprate, but will compensate it by oneshotting everything.

Therefore, the nerf won't affect this kind of event because it will all balance out in the end. I'd even be inclined to think that despite a lower droprate, higher levels would still have a slight advantage since they don't need to heal, or repair, and overall are never in danger of dying.

#5 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

Those in range will have better droprate, but will surely kill slower, depending on the mobs required.

Those overleveled will have lower droprate, but will compensate it by oneshotting everything.

Therefore, the nerf won't affect this kind of event because it will all balance out in the end. I'd even be inclined to think that despite a lower droprate, higher levels would still have a slight advantage since they don't need to heal, or repair, and overall are never in danger of dying.

This isn't true if you take as example a ML1 that can oneshot mobs lv47-50 so i higly suggest to avoid drops from these mobs but i guess if as Maxsha said it's between prontera and Alberta the problem won't appear.

Edited by Shinyusuke, 12 February 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

Yay scavenger hunts are back <3

There's no Feb 29th this year :P

#7 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

Yay scavenger hunts are back <3

There's no Feb 29th this year :P

Glad you're looking forward to it! :Emo_16:

Thanks for noting that... Fixed. :Emo_17:

The first thing we need to find

before the silly scavenger hunt

even begins, is my MiNd. . . . . :rofl:

#8 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

Bump! Yay, this is today! Everyone tell your friends and guildies. Stop grinding your butts off. We need more silliness in game!~

PS, I'll be late

Edited by Arbalist, 28 February 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#9 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Where is Arby? How could Arb miss this?! It's happening NOW! How late is late??? *waiting*

Edit: Nvmnd, Arby showed up and was early enough to be the first one to find me!

However, Eischa was first to find me with all the items on my scavenger hunt list!!!

Grats Eischa! And to everyone who found themselves humoured by shenanigans! :mwahaha:

Edited by Maxscha, 01 March 2015 - 02:03 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users