Suggestions to fix AOEs in pvp (only strong ones) - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestions to fix AOEs in pvp (only strong ones)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

Atm there are some AOE that do INSANE damages.

Just check in a battlefield, u only see Mystic/Defi/Tempest AOEs wherever you go (not to mention the lagg...), and meeles haven't a chance to even hit the mage because they can't stand 3 seconds in that AOEs.

I think this kind of AOEs should do damage split by the number of targets (or reduced if the targets are many), and not always the same damage.

New Damages for Ground AOEs :

1 Target  : 100% damage

2 Targets : 80% damage

3 Targets : 60% damage

4+ Targets : 50% damage

For example, if a mystic does 4k every 2 seconds on 1 target, on 2 targets it does 3200 damages every 2 seconds, if the targets are 3 it does 2400 damages every 2 seconds etc...

P.S : Only "Ground" AOEs (placeable ones) will be affected (such as Hellfire/Lightning Restraint and also heal totem), commies and istant damage AOEs won't be affected by the changes.

Or just make ground AOEs non able to crit, but this will drastically nerf them, especially CAD/SCAD builded players.

Also, put  SOFT cap on SCAD/CAD :

2000 SCAD/CAD soft cap (only full builded SCAD/CAD players can get so high SCAD/CAD), means if you get higher SCAD/CAD it will only affect the half.

Example, if you have 2000 SCAD/CAD u will make 2000 more damages, but if you have  2500 SCAD/CAD instead u will make 2250 more damages because u reached the soft cap.

Edited by Kazara, 15 February 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#2 RadiantOfThePast

RadiantOfThePast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

Silly! If there's caps then the next content update will be pointless!

#3 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

or just give melee characters some 20m 8target skills and more defense debuffs or cad buffs

Edited by explicid17, 15 February 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#4 Avaloon

Avaloon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

Atm there are some AOE that do INSANE damages.

Just check in a battlefield, u only see Mystic/Defi/Tempest AOEs wherever you go (not to mention the lagg...), and meeles haven't a chance to even hit the mage because they can't stand 3 seconds in that AOEs.

I think this kind of AOEs should do damage split by the number of targets (or reduced if the targets are many), and not always the same damage.

New Damages for Ground AOEs :

1 Target  : 100% damage

2 Targets : 80% damage

3 Targets : 60% damage

4+ Targets : 50% damage

For example, if a mystic does 4k every 2 seconds on 1 target, on 2 targets it does 3200 damages every 2 seconds, if the targets are 3 it does 2400 damages every 2 seconds etc...

P.S : Only "Ground" AOEs (placeable ones) will be affected (such as Hellfire/Lightning Restraint and also heal totem), commies and istant damage AOEs won't be affected by the changes.

Or just make ground AOEs non able to crit, but this will drastically nerf them, especially CAD/SCAD builded players.

Also, put  SOFT cap on SCAD/CAD :

2000 SCAD/CAD soft cap (only full builded SCAD/CAD players can get so high SCAD/CAD), means if you get higher SCAD/CAD it will only affect the half.

Example, if you have 2000 SCAD/CAD u will make 2000 more damages, but if you have  2500 SCAD/CAD instead u will make 2250 more damages because u reached the soft cap.

I hope for fast Change....Sh it AOEs, Traps, too strong! And one more Problem!Assasins Stun is too Long...Players stay in permanet stun <_<

#5 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:04 AM

so you are a commie i guess...your suggestion will ruin pve aspect of the game..nerfing a class or more, you will see less of them in game does creating more unbalance. i guess not enough radi to heal in bf bcoz they are rare..give radi AM so you see more of them, then you got your heals and you wont die easily charging and standing unto ground aoes. Lolz.

Edited by sleepyTown, 16 February 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#6 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

or just give melee characters some 20m 8target skills and more defense debuffs or cad buffs

Wouldnt feel much like a melee char if i had a 20m aoe but a defense/elemental buff would be awesome

so you are a commie i guess...your suggestion will ruin pve aspect of the game..nerfing a class or more, you will see less of them in game does creating more unbalance. i guess not enough radi to heal in bf bcoz they are rare..give radi AM so you see more of them, then you got your heals and you wont die easily charging and standing unto ground aoes. Lolz.

The rads in pvp don't heal half the time anyways so no thanks to giving them more weapons.  When there is an foc where one class (mystic) derives half of the total players, something is off.

On a side note yes Mage classes need their defense sliced, there's no reason it and their hp should be so high.  Theyll still be able to hide behind walls and kill just as many people as before they'll just have to be more careful about it.  Watching a mystic  run into a horde of my teammates and then cast spells while shrugging off damage like a prot is just as stupid as a commie charging headfirst into raining aoes.  Mages are suposed to retreat when melee are nearby not laugh and pew them.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Edited by BloodyHalo, 16 February 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#7 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

Wouldnt feel much like a melee char if i had a 20m aoe but a defense/elemental buff would be awesome

meant extending sin, sr, wl, commy multi target skills to 20m and 8 targets, not aoes

and possible change auto attack to have a 5-10m range with 2-5 targets

Edited by explicid17, 16 February 2015 - 05:16 PM.

#8 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

The only real fix is to finally correct the short-sighted mechanics already developed into the game like single variable damage formulas, or AOE DOTs ignore resistance.. Of course AOE don't scale well. Nothing in this game scales well beyond level 60.

Edited by Cleffy, 16 February 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#9 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

or make all aoes into totems that can be destroyed by melee skills :o

#10 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:09 AM

Exactly what Cleffy said, the mechanics are by far what's wrong with this game, everything from  the way the damage, defense/resist is calculated (including DOT's), to the players stats themselves as well as the amount of influence armor and weapons have on the player. If you want the game to survive the entire games mechanics need to be recalculated and re-balanced, which isn't by any means a simple task. the only balanced part of the game left is the Theme Battle (Strongest) Battlefield, which nobody ever plays, since they're real armor/weapons far surpass the stats of Theme Battle Equipment.

Edited by zombi3, 17 February 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

The Money comes from the new Weapons and Armors / Accessory.

Every new Item must be stronger than the Last to create an Motivation for the Spenders.

The Gab from Simple to Rare you can call balanced  

But at the Carus Grade the Shame and Greed begins. 

Its not a coincidence - its connected with the Brake/Fail Success rate from the Blacksmith.

Its the Money System in this Game.

The Carus Grade is what brings the Money - and so the Gab is increasing beyond good and evil and all reasoning

Our Dev Teams stands for imbalance nothing else.

As long they are in charge you won`t see a change.

#12 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

or make all aoes into totems that can be destroyed by melee skills :o

This should be possible reguardless

@ Sandy: that's true but they could be a little more creative than just slapping more Damage and HP on each weapon/armor set. the armor sets already have a bonus for having a full armor set, they could try adding a reinforcement bonus for weapons heres a quick example.

Trinity Knuckles:

+10 Bonus
(applies when your Knuckles are +10)
Weapon has a 5% chance to siphon 20% of the enemies HP on hit.
 +20 Bonus
(applies when your Knuckles are +20)
Skill Damage will be increased by 10% when on each hit.
+30 Bonus

(applies when your Knuckles are +30)
Weapon has a 10% chance to decrease wearers Casting Speed by 1 second, lasts 10 seconds.

something like this isn't very hard to implement and could add some change to the game.

#13 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

its all total fine for them.

Since they don`t play the Game or give a flying duck.

But ya i like your idea about the Bonus. +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users