Why Do Monsters in Edgga Area Give More MP in Forgotten Payon? - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Why Do Monsters in Edgga Area Give More MP in Forgotten Payon?

5 replies to this topic

#1 LangyLang

LangyLang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

This weekend as we were trying to locate a spot to grind, we noticed that the spots inside the square area of the map where Edgga resides the MP there are extremely high comparing to the monsters out of that area even though, the monsters outside were the same level as us.  Our levels were 32 and the monsters were 82.  All 10 channels were busy with players grinding and players hoarding spots, even when they are not killing by literally leaving one or a few players just there doing nothing or having a character standing there with a sign up.  So my party waited outside killing the flies while I scouted around.  Finally I found an empty spot which we migrated there in the middle of the map.  Come along a party claiming that it was their spot and that they were there first.  Of Couse some dramatic event followed. (You know, one party would call the other one liar, or using stun pets to deter the aggro from the other party, and blah, blah, blah…)  Anyway by their own admission that they were not there, they stated that they took a 5 mins break.  Break or not, no one was there.

I am happy that there are a lot of players online to play because I like this game and would like to see it grows strong and have a 10 year anniversary like its siblings RO1, which I love but after 10 years of it I needed a change.  But it isn’t really FUN for players if they have to wait and argue over a spot because that particular spot gives outrageous MP per monster when there are other part of the map that can also be grind if the monsters give the appropriate MP according to the range of players and monsters.

Here is my point, why are the monsters that are level 84s in Eddga area giving us 75 mp per monster when the monsters out of that area that are 82’s, our range only give us 12.34 per monster?

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

why in dayr desert we kill only condors and muka? don't try to find a reason i long learned there is none

#3 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

This weekend as we were trying to locate a spot to grind, we noticed that the spots inside the square area of the map where Edgga resides the MP there are extremely high comparing to the monsters out of that area even though, the monsters outside were the same level as us.  Our levels were 32 and the monsters were 82.  All 10 channels were busy with players grinding and players hoarding spots, even when they are not killing by literally leaving one or a few players just there doing nothing or having a character standing there with a sign up.  So my party waited outside killing the flies while I scouted around.  Finally I found an empty spot which we migrated there in the middle of the map.  Come along a party claiming that it was their spot and that they were there first.  Of Couse some dramatic event followed. (You know, one party would call the other one liar, or using stun pets to deter the aggro from the other party, and blah, blah, blah…)  Anyway by their own admission that they were not there, they stated that they took a 5 mins break.  Break or not, no one was there.

I am happy that there are a lot of players online to play because I like this game and would like to see it grows strong and have a 10 year anniversary like its siblings RO1, which I love but after 10 years of it I needed a change.  But it isn’t really FUN for players if they have to wait and argue over a spot because that particular spot gives outrageous MP per monster when there are other part of the map that can also be grind if the monsters give the appropriate MP according to the range of players and monsters.

Here is my point, why are the monsters that are level 84s in Eddga area giving us 75 mp per monster when the monsters out of that area that are 82’s, our range only give us 12.34 per monster?

I have to agree wholeheartedly on this, and i'll actually pass on a request for this to change. The map is nice and all, and there shouldn't be reason to be fighting over spots. When I tested this, i was already ML35 in the ITS, so I didn't realize the mp was that high even for lower levels.

why in dayr desert we kill only condors and muka? don't try to find a reason i long learned there is none

In dayr people kill Condors because they're all nicely grouped in 4-5 mobs per group, so luring them and killing them all gives a better ratio of mp per hour compared to killing scorpions for example. In scorpions the groups are more spread so it's not really possible to lure them all to a single spot, unless you had two lurers working at the same, but even so, the groups are at most 3 scorpions.

Gorems are a nice option for ML1-ML7 grind as well, but you'd have to walk almost to the Muka area to find them in groups that are relatively good to tank and kill.

Sandmane / Redtooth should be a viable option to grind from ML4-ML7 (making condors/golem a ML1-ML4 thing) but the lack of element makes them an unwanted target, that's why it's usually skipped.

For Mukas the situation is similar to condors, they give the same MP as those Earth turtles (can't remember the name) and the Sapphire Wolves, yet they seem to be more abundant and easier to lure and kill in small groups. The fact they could sell the drops easily with the proximity of the NPCs surely helped to prefer those instead.

Edited by faku1810, 15 February 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#4 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:53 PM

*bump*

yeah please make all of the monsters worth killing for mp, not just eddga jrs. think about the khepris: they need love too.

and make a clear pathway for us so we won't die before even reaching the eddga area.

#5 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:45 PM

I have to agree wholeheartedly on this, and i'll actually pass on a request for this to change.The map is nice and all, and there shouldn't be reason to be fighting over spots. When I tested this, i was already ML35 in the ITS, so I didn't realize the mp was that high even for lower levels.

Hmm, i smell another nerf, after drop rate nerf now mp nerf huh? Good job to repeat the dw grindstyle in FP again
*lucky im already ml 35 since early update*

Edited by Kupfner, 28 February 2015 - 08:49 PM.

#6 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Hmm, i smell another nerf, after drop rate nerf now mp nerf huh? Good job to repeat the dw grindstyle in FP again
*lucky im already ml 35 since early update*

My point was that there was an abbysal difference between killing monsters of level 80-83 vs monsters 84-85 when I tested it as a ML35; so I didn't know it was like that even at ML30.

As I said, the suggestion I passed on was to increase the mp from monsters of levels 80-83; so that they're not ignored and to avoid arguments over spots.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users