Is Fire Trap SC still a thing? Returning player - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Fire Trap SC still a thing? Returning player

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 epitaph

epitaph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

Hi guys

I'm returning after a 2 year hiatus - the last time I played I was leveling my SC in what I THINK was magma dungeon, using Fire Trap. I had a scan of these forums and it kinda looks like this is no longer the thing to do! Basically I'm a casual player so solo-ing is my best bet. My base stats are more or less:

24 str,

31 agi,

88 vit,

41 int,
99 dex and

1 luk

(level is only 106/16)

Any suggestions or am I just too out dated? 

Thanks for the help!

#2 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

Wah, Fire Trap was so awesome back then, since the balance patch, its not really good anymore. (my SC used to do 6k, but now only 200 damage). As a SC you can try copying Arrow Storm, with +7 Orc Archer Bow + Steel Arrow, theyre pretty decent, or Ignition Break with +7 Red Twin Edge. Goodluck!

#3 Ward20th

Ward20th

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:17 AM

Fire trap is already Nerf

your lucky to see 500 damage in poring using SC lv 100. 

Edited by Ward20th, 20 February 2015 - 01:17 AM.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

SC punished by not having trap research skill, resulting the fire trap damage only 1/5 of the ranger's. same goea to ice trap and cluster bomb.

#5 epitaph

epitaph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:23 AM

damn I feel old! thanks for the input guys. looks like i'll be shopping for some new gear!

#6 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

Your build is a decent archer setup already, so for the next 20 or so levels you can easily use Arrow Storm (assuming you have a OAB+Steel arrow combo). This is even more pronounced now with FAW and it's potential for 3 EA enchants, and with temporal dex boots which can grant another 2 ranged damage mod boosts. 

The low int will hurt because of how reproduce uses 2x the required SP, so you'll be using 98 sp per cast... the good part is that you can easily burst 15-19k damage per use and so you can kill gigantic mobs in a few seconds. The vit will help with the face tanking and healing. 

#7 epitaph

epitaph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

great, i'll shop form some temporal boots and an orc archer bow. card-wise for the bow - is the best thing to do to pop in a race/size/element card, or e.g. an archer skel card or something? I guess that depends on where a SC would level with Arrow Storm once I find someone to let me copy it

*edit derp, orc archer bow doesn't have a slot

Edited by epitaph, 21 February 2015 - 12:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users