57 replies to this topic

#1 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

I'd Play!

You can keep the cash shop in; anything to keep the server running. Keep the updates to 2-2, and if that! I remember pre comodo waiting for crusader class to come out. Monk, dancer, bard was not even in the picture!

Make WoE times different that current times so players can continue playing on renewal, classic and this server. If iRO had this server than mosplayers would come here first before searching a private server that only has updated to pre trans. I have played iRO since 2002 and I quit with renewal. Classic was good until trans update and all the cheats (nodelay, auto pot, etc). So more client security and pre trans server.

#2 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

If this were to come true, I wonder how it'll be called? We already have Classic so... pre-Classic? Lol

#3 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

With all the talk in classic threads about pre trans pvp, pre trans WoE, etc.. I could see this working. This is what I was hoping for with the release of ClassicRO.

I'd called Nostalgia server. Or.. the sandbox lol

Edited by jojo88, 21 February 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#4 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

I'm up for this, but i doubt that they will make a new server.

#5 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

^ Yea... aside from pRO's new renewal server, I don't think there's a possibility of another one given the current population and also the status of the existing Classic server.

#6 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

It wouldn't be that hard to just have a gentleman's agreement between guilds to only use pre-trans characters to WoE once a month or something. If the GM's can't or won't comply there's really nothing to stop players coming up with their own rules.

That's how ARAM got started in League before Riot recognized it and decided to make it official.

#7 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:55 PM

I'd join in a second! Cash Shop is okay, but no foods or special consumables, no tweeking skills, no custom changes, no changing things up. Just decide which episode (or whatever) the server is going to be from, and leave everything as it was back then, no matter how imbalanced it was...

#8 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

wish I could +1 this twice

#9 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:07 AM

It wouldn't be that hard to just have a gentleman's agreement between guilds to only use pre-trans characters to WoE once a month or something. If the GM's can't or won't comply there's really nothing to stop players coming up with their own rules.

That's how ARAM got started in League before Riot recognized it and decided to make it official.

Unless some 3rd job jerk from some troll guild comes in and starts a massacre.

#10 GammaBreaker

GammaBreaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

I'd have been a lot more interested in Classic if it were pre-trans.  But it wasn't, so I'm not.  :[

#11 UlrichStern

UlrichStern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationBeyond where the sun touches
  • Server:The good one wink wink

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

I think that if you want to make another server, all your servers must work.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

why not just put pretrans only content on classic?

#13 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

IMO the best choice would be like renewal, where they have like, TRANS woe(woe TE), but in classic they'd do something similar using 2nd jobs chars 

#14 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

Having a Pre Trans Server as opposed to a Pre Trans WoE on Classic would appeal to others that want to start fresh and everyone starts off equal. Lets not forget with this server I'd hope to have more client security to prevent nodelay, autopot, etc. The use was very obvious on Classic and builds that would have been much harder to level have already been created. If we have Pre Trans only events those characters of the Trans players would be able to have farmed for better gear, materials, etc.

Seems these days people want to experience pe-trans gameplay again. These days I have a career and I'm stable as opposed to my late middleschool - high school days of playing iRO. One thing I have always enjoyed (and all my RO buddies) was Pre Trans RO.  I would come back for this.

#15 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

Having a Pre Trans Server as opposed to a Pre Trans WoE on Classic would appeal to others that want to start fresh and everyone starts off equal. Lets not forget with this server I'd hope to have more client security to prevent nodelay, autopot, etc. The use was very obvious on Classic and builds that would have been much harder to level have already been created. If we have Pre Trans only events those characters of the Trans players would be able to have farmed for better gear, materials, etc.
Seems these days people want to experience pe-trans gameplay again. These days I have a career and I'm stable as opposed to my late middleschool - high school days of playing iRO. One thing I have always enjoyed (and all my RO buddies) was Pre Trans RO. I would come back for this.

I believe I read somewhere that a lot of people quit when trans came out.

#16 Omegatroid

Omegatroid

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

beta server please...no 2nd classes, no monster skills...giant bapho...

#17 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

i think what people really want is a WoE with a higher time to kill.  Damage scaling for the players has increased exponentially while hp has not.  The issue with WoE is that time to kill is way too short while the spammability of consumables makes the game essentially 1 shot or be 1 shotted.  Being 1 shotted without any reasonable way to counter it makes it an unfair and frustrating game environment.

Instead of making some absurd request that the warpportal team cannot even do due to not having enough hardware, what about doing some 'experimental' woe.  Give everyone 5x hp, while giving all recovery items a 3 second cooldown.  This would dramatically increase time to kill, while also preventing players from being invulnerable if they don't get 1 shotted.  This would shift the metagame of who ever has the most supplies to there actually being enough time for the players on an individual level to make their own choices.  All of this would be doable server side and wouldn't need them to cough up a large investment on something that players might not even touch.

#18 ForteGS

ForteGS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

No thanks, i love the idea too, but sadly GMs doing a poor job in classic, even renewal is so sad.

#19 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

How bout 2nd class WoE with Renewal mechanics? maybe WoE TE2 ?

#20 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

No thanks, i love the idea too, but sadly GMs doing a poor job in classic, even renewal is so sad.

If they made the per-trans server from when the game was coming out of beta (Comodo update) and left it alone, there'd be no need for maintenance except for the DST change. Hell, don't even update that, either! Just leave it. Create the server, open it, done! No way to screw that up, really...

#21 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

So I am not alone in wanting this server.

Come on iRO, give us a yay or nay!

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

I'm down with as many servers as you want as long as they fix the crap performance on the current servers first.

#23 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

GM's?

#24 Revit

Revit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:33 AM

Why don't we have pre TE/pre trans woe in renewal and classic server? Maybe we can propose this idea to kRO.

#25 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

I wouldn't be interested in pretrans content.
It's only exciting because a new server would mean a fresh start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users