Pre Trans Server - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pre Trans Server

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 teryuk

teryuk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

check my pm campitor

#27 Machytys777

Machytys777

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

I think this is a good idea, if it is within the means of Warp Portal at least. It's not as though there is any way in which it could harm the existing servers, one could easily play multiple and nobody is forced to play pre-trans. Also I found myself far more useful in Classic PvP and WoE before trans was implemented than I am now, though I think it would be a waste to have it be pre 2-2, as the 2-2 classes don't really make a class more powerful like trans does, but simply function as a new path or choice, which is to say that while a 99/70 trans class is in no way inferior to its pre-trans 99/50 counterpart, a 2-2 class has certain advantages and disadvantages compared to the 2-1 class, making it more...valuable I suppose? I don't know, I'm not very good with adjectives, please just infer that I meant something positive.

#28 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm not alone in wanting this server. Having pre trans WoE on classic wont cut it. I'd also really like to see security measures in place to prevent nodelay, autopot, botting, etc.. it's possible. If a GM could reply and either tell us not to hold our breathe or what it'd take to get it happening that'd be great.

#29 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

I'm not alone in wanting this server. Having pre trans WoE on classic wont cut it. I'd also really like to see security measures in place to prevent nodelay, autopot, botting, etc.. it's possible. If a GM could reply and either tell us not to hold our breathe or what it'd take to get it happening that'd be great.

i won't hold your breath.   The demand for this isn't even there to warrant the effort.  Maybe if you start a petition and get like at least 2000 supporters then it might be a large enough interest for the gm team to do something about it.

#30 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

I'd like to have Geffen functional during spotlights first before we start talking about new servers please.

#31 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

i won't hold your breath. The demand for this isn't even there to warrant the effort. Maybe if you start a petition and get like at least 2000 supporters then it might be a large enough interest for the gm team to do something about it.

Actually it does have the demand. Pre trans servers flock more people than any other type of server. Case in point: server that recently opened had 2500+ when it started. Classic had amazing numbers when it started, too... but of course they dropped over time because of the mistakes that were made.

The problem isn't getting people to start, it's preventing mishaps (usrc zeny exploit) and bad decisions (account bound gear and op cash shop items) so people don't get pissed off and leave.

#32 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Actually it does have the demand. Pre trans servers flock more people than any other type of server. Case in point: server that recently opened had 2500+ when it started. Classic had amazing numbers when it started, too... but of course they dropped over time because of the mistakes that were made.

The problem isn't getting people to start, it's preventing mishaps (usrc zeny exploit) and bad decisions (account bound gear and op cash shop items) so people don't get pissed off and leave.

if you're talking about the private server opened up by the league of legend player then please look at the population of it now.  The hype of it immediately died after 2 months.  Although its still has more population than classic, the community private server attracts most likely won't want to deal with the annoying 1x grind rates.  If you're asking warp portal to set up a pre-trans custom server with increased rates or whatever to attract the players, then might as well ask them to use the private server software as well.

I'm still a firm believer that the only way to save classic is to do a server wipe after implementing measures to prevent mistakes that were made from happening again, and implementing safeguards to protect the economy.

#33 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

a new ''woe te'' would be better...

restrict new gears and cash gears like FAW,HBP,CEB,Shadow gear and can be awesome!!

#34 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

Personally I find pretrans content slow and boring. Especially once you have your characters maxed out, which is pretty easy to do. It was fun before having played trans but going back it just feels different. I encourage you all to try pretrans again somewhere before thinking this is a good idea.

#35 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

if you're talking about the private server opened up by the league of legend player then please look at the population of it now. The hype of it immediately died after 2 months. Although its still has more population than classic, the community private server attracts most likely won't want to deal with the annoying 1x grind rates. If you're asking warp portal to set up a pre-trans custom server with increased rates or whatever to attract the players, then might as well ask them to use the private server software as well.

I'm still a firm believer that the only way to save classic is to do a server wipe after implementing measures to prevent mistakes that were made from happening again, and implementing safeguards to protect the economy.

Population on it dropped for the same reason population on classic dropped: poor management decisions (see: royal jelly fiasco). I won't go into detail of it here because I'll get censored. They still have a huge player base, even though hype has worn off. And frankly, I wouldn't be opposed to private server software. It is often forged out of love for the game and not monetary gain, which puts a lot of it leaps and bounds ahead of what gravity could (or would) ever accomplish. Sad to say it but kRO developers don't give two craps about iRO issues that don't effect them, like bots for example. We are on our own most of the time.

Wiping classic would just push the people left on it out and kill it entirely. A new server gets hype an old server won't. Not to mention going around wiping servers would completely ruin any credibility iRO has left in the eyes of private server players, since this is the chief complaint most of us have about playing them, and the reason why I refuse to seriously touch one.

#36 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Population on it dropped for the same reason population on classic dropped: poor management decisions (see: royal jelly fiasco). I won't go into detail of it here because I'll get censored. They still have a huge player base, even though hype has worn off. And frankly, I wouldn't be opposed to private server software. It is often forged out of love for the game and not monetary gain, which puts a lot of it leaps and bounds ahead of what gravity could (or would) ever accomplish. Sad to say it but kRO developers don't give two craps about iRO issues that don't effect them, like bots for example. We are on our own most of the time.

Wiping classic would just push the people left on it out and kill it entirely. A new server gets hype an old server won't. Not to mention going around wiping servers would completely ruin any credibility iRO has left in the eyes of private server players, since this is the chief complaint most of us have about playing them, and the reason why I refuse to seriously touch one.

Not many people these days even willing to touch classic with a 10 foot pole. Main complaint when i ask around: to much disparity in god item/mvp card distribution.  Its pretty discouraging to even attempt to start playing classic woe when you have to constantly go up against half a dozen megs while not having any supplies without having to farm them themselves while the castle hoarders get supplies rained on them from guild dungeon.

What people want is a fair and fun woe.  Think of it as a chess game.  People play it because the rules are set and your opponent have the same pieces and in the end it boils down to skill vs skill. No one wants to play against their nephew that pulls out the flying king bishop that can do 3 moves per turn.

#37 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

I have no doubt if Gravity sent out a mass email, like they did for ClassicRO, a bunch of veterans would return to play there. When I seen the email I was very excited until I read about it eventually getting transcendent update. I still played because I could not miss this opportunity of a fresh start. Eventually though I lost interest with trans update, so many WoE forts and the cheating (as I mentioned before). Please have security measures in place.

Perhaps open a Pre-Trans server from like pre comodo and eventually update to the Crusader class,wizard, etc. It was actually some time after that update I believe that monks, bards and dancers were introduced. Pre Trans private servers do decent.It's poor management or flaky admins that ruin it. I'd put forth a lot more trust if Gravity made a pre trans server though.

Still hoping to hear a response from a GM. 

#38 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

Not many people these days even willing to touch classic with a 10 foot pole. Main complaint when i ask around: to much disparity in god item/mvp card distribution. Its pretty discouraging to even attempt to start playing classic woe when you have to constantly go up against half a dozen megs while not having any supplies without having to farm them themselves while the castle hoarders get supplies rained on them from guild dungeon.

What people want is a fair and fun woe. Think of it as a chess game. People play it because the rules are set and your opponent have the same pieces and in the end it boils down to skill vs skill. No one wants to play against their nephew that pulls out the flying king bishop that can do 3 moves per turn.

Renewal is no different. Everyone is -_-ting Mvp cards and farting God items. Woe is just the same if not worse.

Over half the people who would play a pre trans server wouldn't even give a damn about woe. Classic is a GvG centered server and that's why no one gives a crap about it. People who are interested in a pretrans kind of server are more interested in slugging though Mi gaos in a party full of first class characters than playing champion/biochemistRO. PvM and nostalgia is the draw.

#39 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Renewal is no different. Everyone is -_-ting Mvp cards and farting God items. Woe is just the same if not worse.

Over half the people who would play a pre trans server wouldn't even give a damn about woe. Classic is a GvG centered server and that's why no one gives a crap about it. People who are interested in a pretrans kind of server are more interested in slugging though Mi gaos in a party full of first class characters than playing champion/biochemistRO. PvM and nostalgia is the draw.

i'm sorry but you cannot maintain a server based on nostalgia.   To keep them around would require something fresh, and since new content is not possible due to not being able to provide development for such an environment i just don't see how the population would not evaporate after a month or two when everyone's nostalgia goggles wears off.

The difference between classic and renewal is that there is a working economy for renewal.  You can actually acquire the assets to obtain those items.  And why must this always devolve into classic vs renewal?

#40 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

The game was truly more fun pre trans. So many people quit shortly after trans update. There's definitely nostalgia there, but Pre Trans takes more partying to MVP. It makes every class that much more useful in WoE. There's a big group that wants a new server, pre-trans and without the hiccups.

Nostalgia moment: That first WoE after trans update and Luno had his dual Megs on his Sura defending upper left Pront.. Only thing that could kill my Ghostring LK lol.

#41 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:23 PM

i'm sorry but you cannot maintain a server based on nostalgia.   To keep them around would require something fresh, and since new content is not possible due to not being able to provide development for such an environment i just don't see how the population would not evaporate after a month or two when everyone's nostalgia goggles wears off.

The difference between classic and renewal is that there is a working economy for renewal.  You can actually acquire the assets to obtain those items.  And why must this always devolve into classic vs renewal?

Sure you can. Some of the most popular and long-running private servers are nostalgia servers. There's no reason why there can't be new content as well as long as it's implemented in the right way. New world and modern maps are currently in the works for Classic as we speak.

There is a working economy on Classic too. If there wasn't then explain to me why we've been selling valk armors for the last two months? There's nothing preventing you from obtaining assets on Classic either if you actually put in the work. Half the MVPs in the game aren't even camped. It's not classic versus renewal, my point is both servers face the same over saturation issues, and you are as quick to compare them as I am.

The last time i tried classic was during the elitism phase

I find it amusing that you are such an expert on classic server when you openly admit to haven't even been playing since the beginning. It's like reading a few articles on WebMD and suddenly everybody is a doctor.

#42 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

I find it amusing that you are such an expert on classic server when you openly admit to haven't even been playing since the beginning. It's like reading a few articles on WebMD and suddenly everybody is a doctor.

aahhh stay classy classic.   Gotta love how the classic community never changes.  Doesn't take an expert to step into the open field and take a big whiff and realize you've stepped into something unpleasant.

Really though, i'm sure they could probably pull off some sort of WOE:TE version for classic.  Some sort of no gods/mvp pre-trans version of woe.  Of course, this would probably just end up being farmed by who ever owns the most supplies.

#43 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

Gotta love how the classic community Cinquine Schia never changes stops feeling entitled.

The feeling is mutual.

<--- Not your personal clown, sorry (:

Really though, i'm sure they could probably pull off some sort of WOE:TE version for classic.  Some sort of no gods/mvp pre-trans version of woe.  Of course, this would probably just end up being farmed by who ever owns the most supplies.

Maybe. The event WoE's that did just this were ghost towns that barely anyone eve bothered to participate in, so I seriously doubt it. Personally I'd rather a new server, not more band-aid fixes and distractions, but if it makes people happy and it works I wouldn't be against it. I just doubt that is what people want based on past turn outs.

Of course, this would probably just end up being farmed by who ever owns the most supplies.

Again, not an issue unique to Classic, but there are ways to balance that out. I don't think anyone is opposed to other people having access to supplies; anyone can hit me up anytime to use our guild dungeons, just don't expect me to do the potting for you. 

The offer is always there to assist, my resources are always open for sharing, but I am not going to hold the hand of anyone and babysit them. If they don't want to put in some work and instead expect me to do a comedy skit and dance the hula, then bye Felicia! 

Edited by Cinquine, 26 February 2015 - 03:09 PM.

#44 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

the last big pretrans server had 40k+ online during it's woe times for 6 months straight until the owner finally shut it down after the goods were made so the want is there for sure

this was only about 7 months ago mind you

was a good blast to have 10~20 guilds in castles with constant gvgs especially in the se maps

Edited by needmorezleep, 26 February 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#45 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

To keep them around would require something fresh, and since new content is not possible due to not being able to provide development for such an environment i just don't see how the population would not evaporate after a month or two when everyone's nostalgia goggles wears off.

Actually, it's not everyone's "nostalgia wearing off" that would cause people to leave. It would be the fact that people aren't getting fed their god items, MVP cards, Janeways, and Enriched Hammers (which I pray to Odin those won't see the light of day in this type of server if it's ever created.) If the GMs shut the server down for ANYTHING other than to fix something broken, to adjust for DST (which I'm against), or to put in a seasonal quest that rewards something decent but NOT unique already, then I'd quit right then and there.

No BS boxes with over-powered headgears. No gums, manuals, party buffs, Gwings, etc. All that crap is just feeding to the Renewal mindset that "If I can't max level in a week, something's wrong! I quit! Too hard!" In fact, Drop rates should be 1X, and exp should be 0.5X, imo. Promote party play. Not this "I can solo everything" mindset. That's why I think it's a mistake that the GMs are targeting Renewal players to try Classic, and having Janeway in. But those are issues for a different thread...

#46 WaterBaron

WaterBaron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

They had a pre-trans server at teh beginning on Classic but it wasn't the same due to the Cash shop and other changes. A truly classic server, like the old subscription model they use to have, is impossible now but maybe you can get a new pay2win cash shop server (again). 

I'd play a pre-trans server like in the old days, but I think it would only appeal to a small number of players ultimately. 

#47 jojo88

jojo88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

What does it take for a GM to make this a topic? Or at least tell us to go kick rocks.

Edited by jojo88, 27 February 2015 - 02:27 PM.

#48 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

I believe I read somewhere that a lot of people quit when trans came out.

Renewal almost lost me... I was a perma High Novice, I loved it.  Once renewal hit, I couldn't even PvP anymore, monsters were all borked, and I was killed 3x as easily... Pressure set in and I turned AB. :( 

#49 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

Ok, I will bite. What is this Pre trans dream all about and what are its biggest differences from the current Classic?

Assuming that there is enough interest after answering that first question, the next thing to think about would be players from the existing Classic. We would not need 2 of them so the current Classic could probably be wiped to make room.

If you can convince most of the active population there to get on board, I would not be opposed to an idea like this.

Someone would still need to figure out possible compensation for very strong or highly geared characters but maybe not since Pre trans seems to be getting more popular these days.

It might also be interesting to keep Janeway around for a short time as an event for this possible pre trans server.

I would want to know if this server only has pre trans classes but will it still get newer maps and areas?

I could also see the value in restarting the market from scratch.

I dunno, could go either way. It would really hinge on if the more invested players would be interested or not.

#50 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

Ok, I will bite. What is this Pre trans dream all about and what are its biggest differences from the current Classic?

Assuming that there is enough interest after answering that first question, the next thing to think about would be players from the existing Classic. We would not need 2 of them so the current Classic could probably be wiped to make room.

If you can convince most of the active population there to get on board, I would not be opposed to an idea like this.

Someone would still need to figure out possible compensation for very strong or highly geared characters but maybe not since Pre trans seems to be getting more popular these days.

It might also be interesting to keep Janeway around for a short time as an event for this possible pre trans server.

I would want to know if this server only has pre trans classes but will it still get newer maps and areas?

I could also see the value in restarting the market from scratch.

I dunno, could go either way. It would really hinge on if the more invested players would be interested or not.

The thing about the pre-trans server would be having a fresh start and because of the nostalgia.

The difference between Classic and a per-trans server would be that with Classic, it's supposed to be "frozen in time" when from when Renewal hit. But the GMs keep changing things and adding more and more content. We're actually supposed to be getting (if it's not already in... I haven't checked) a new challenge dungeon. Since new monsters can't be added to the db, they have to go through the db and find spare monsters that aren't being utilized and use them. With the Pre-trans server, you cannot rebirth. Create a character, level it to 99, done. It's my opinion that no new content at all be added to this new server. Some would disagree, but look at Classic. Change one thing, and you change the entire feel of the game. (Look at the Seal Stones in Classic. I've never seen anything like them before I joined Classic, but I'm making zeny on them for 6 mil per. It's used in the God Item creation process, but in a way, it's affecting the entire game.)

To add to the last part, depending on the time frame of the server (what point in time the server was created from) we wouldn't have things like Juno, New world, Nameless Island, etc. For example, if the server was created from when the game just came out of Beta, we'd have Comodo and Turtle Dungeon. Any towns, monsters, dungeons or any maps created after this point wouldn't exist in the pre-trans server. Likewise, if the server was set some time in the beta phase, even Comodo and Turtles wouldn't exist. Less maps, dungeons, no instances (since they were created after this point in time) less mobs, etc would mean a smaller db, less lag and maintenance. With the server being a lot smaller, it'd also take less space on a physical server.

This type of server (unlike Renewal and Classic) would invite party play instead of killing it. It's my hope that if this server was created, not a single person is able to solo any of the existing MVPs. Not being able to solo means they would need a party.

I may be wrong, (please correct me if I am) but at a certain time, there was WoE with first class, but no god items/god item quests. This is also appealing because this maintains a level playing field in WoE and such.

And finally, we wouldn't need a janeway or any other type of jump event for this type of server. Just level to 99 once and your done. It doesn't matter what the exp rates rates are, if someone needs a jump event, they really need to play a different game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users