CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:56 AM

patchnotes.png

Patch Notes for 2/23/2015

Please note: Details are subject to change at any time.

Weekly Maintenance Time: 5 pm PST (~4 hours)

Event Update

Weekday EXP boost up event has ended. Dapara event items will be removed. Weekend EXP boosts will remain in effect.

Bug Fix & Changes

• Forgotten Payon Boss Monster Imoogi will be taken out of the game temporarily while he works on improving his aquatic combat.
  • Last Valentine's Event's Chocolate Cake and this year's Chocolate Cake shared the same name. Last year’s item is changing to “Old Chocolate Cake”.
  • The item “List of Prey” is a consumable, but didn’t say so. This is will be corrected.
  • The bar wouldn’t fill while crafting. This will be fixed so it does fill as you craft.
  • New Year Event: Costume Box, Accessory Box, and Set effect require localization.
  • Brutal Strike did not use any Beast Power if it damages more than one enemy. It will use beast power now.
  • Some overhead objects such as the entrance pagoda, block off character name info in Forgotten Payon. This will be fixed.
  • Wearing the Traditional Oriental Dress created a "twisted arm" visual bug that will be fixed.
  • Equipment with no durability does not have an indicator. Indicator will return.
  • Character Name Change scroll gave players a 60 day cool down on changing names. This will be changed to 14 day cool down time.

#2 Misfit1

Misfit1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSomewhere dark and scary D:
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Event Update

Weekday EXP boost up event has end. Dapara will be removed. Weekend EXP boosts will remain in effect.

Wait wait wait, you mean just the event items right? not the whole NPC, right? @_@

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Brutal Strike did not use any Beast Power if it damages more than one enemy. It will use beast power now.

BM fixes, finally <3 no more silly trollololol infinite AOE finisher.

#4 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

RIP

"Continues to get onehsot by battle tactics"

#5 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Eddga gear droprate increases + better than 2 star from NPC. Pls. PLS PLS PLS.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 23 February 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#6 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

Wait wait wait, you mean just the event items right? not the whole NPC, right? @_@

Yep, just the event items. It's been corrected! 

#7 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Is the weekend XP boost staying at x3 or being reduced to x2? ...please keep it at x3!

Also, imoogi is the only source of the (laughably low droprates) of eddga gear for crescentia and soulmaker.. what are they going to do in the meantme?

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 23 February 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#8 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

The weekend boosts are 300% http://playragnarok2...ews/article/293

#9 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

RIP

"Continues to get onehsot by battle tactics"

The fabbled day of battle tactics nerf

"Keeps praying"

#10 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

RIP Imoogi, removed to be "fixed".

#11 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

• Forgotten Payon Boss Monster Imoogi will be taken out of the game temporarily while he works on improving his aquatic combat.

So another boss inside Forgotten Payon is going to drop Noel gears in the mean time right?  Or are those players just getting the shaft or the time being?  If so, any kind of compensation going to be given?

#12 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

Still waiting for Purple slots to be removed from off-hand weapons...

#13 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

Bug Fix & Changes

• Forgotten Payon Boss Monster Imoogi will be taken out of the game temporarily while he works on improving his aquatic combat

My idea why this is happening and how to fix it:

As soon as a player enters water, combat usually ends automatically. But if a players attack while he's standing in the water, a very short combat starts before the 'end of combat' ticks in. Now if that player is in a party, the monster doesn't reset and combat doesn't end. The rest of the team could still fight. So the monster will try to focus on the next available player.

Now the guess: If two players are standing in the water, attacking the monster at the same time, some synchronization issues cause an infinity loop of switching between who else could be attacked (presumely threat-based). So it takes at least two players to exploit this. (Feel free to correct me).

If so, the fix would be simple. Combat shouldn't end as soon as a player steps into water, only when a character starts to swim. Since swimming prevents players from attacking or using skills, they can't abuse this loop anymore.

Also be aware that bosses have class-specific item drops. If you remove a boss, please make sure that the items are dropped by another boss instead. My suggestion: Add them to the mage-specific boss... he seems to be ignored by most players anyways.

Beside that, I've hoped for much more fixes! Please focus on the +50 rune problems, the drop chance issues and the off-hand greenseeds if possible.

But it was also strange to see that certain bugs - i.e. the duration bug to gather chocolate - had a comeback. Thought it was fixed last year! So either fixes can go missing or you reused a bugged version...

Edited by Greven79, 23 February 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#14 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

Beside that, I've hoped for much more fixes! Please focus on the +50 rune problems, the drop chance issues and the off-hand greenseeds if possible.

But it was also strange to see that certain bugs - i.e. the duration bug to gather chocolate - had a comeback. Thought it was fixed last year! So either fixes can go missing or you reused a bugged version...

Are you talking about the gathering time to get the chocolate trees? Iirc it's intended that they should be 30 seconds for flowers and 1 minute for trees.

Personally I don't mind the time it takes as much as the possibility of getting "uncontrollable state" and some trees being near aggro mobs making them almost impossible to farm.

Also, I recall someone saying last year the chocolate needed for the title was way too high, so maybe this is their idea of a fix, lower chocolate needed but takes longer to gather.

Edited by faku1810, 23 February 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#15 PeachMilkTea

PeachMilkTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

NUUUUU the weekday exp boosts ;w; sadness

#16 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

i don't even realize that we have weekday exp boost..

Imongi being absent means that less 5 pcs eddga coins per daily.

Can you at least fix the drop rate

#17 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Please do not derail this thread or bait each other. Take a break from the forums and clear your heads.

(This is in regards to a personal dispute occurring in this thread that was removed.) 

#18 Niiu

Niiu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Location~ Prontera and Jawaii ~

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

BM fixes, finally <3 no more silly trollololol infinite AOE finisher.

grats!

#19 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

Are you talking about the gathering time to get the chocolate trees? Iirc it's intended that they should be 30 seconds for flowers and 1 minute for trees.

Personally I don't mind the time it takes as much as the possibility of getting "uncontrollable state" and some trees being near aggro mobs making them almost impossible to farm.

Also, I recall someone saying last year the chocolate needed for the title was way too high, so maybe this is their idea of a fix, lower chocolate needed but takes longer to gather.

IIRC, the gathering duration started the same way as it is now, but was then lowered. And I doubt that it's intented. It makes any chocolate tree or scrub that's near a mob impossible to gather... You can check that one on south plains near the Poporings.

#20 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

The Bonbons au Chocolat plant is set at 1 minute and Chocolate Noir plant is 30 seconds. This is what development outlined as the times in the original event notes, along with a longer spawn time for bonbons and less spawn locations for it compared to Noir. The lengthy gathering time is not a bug on those spots, and it will be difficult in some areas. As there are several ways to earn dark chocolate and cacao beans, they made it a bit of a challenge to gather Bonbons in particular. 

#21 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

Can the patch notes clarify if/what other events are ending? Lunar festival was supposed to end today; anything else?

http://playragnarok2...ews/article/291

As for the cocoa collection, this chocolate title event has been among the more fair and reasonable title events, imho.

Last year, iirc, the only Trees were located in WoE. That was not entirely fair, nor was it entirely fun (for me). *shrug*

That being said; it is unfortunate that so many nodes were enmeshed in aggro-mobs, as aggro cancels gathering...

And since the gathering rate is longer than the aggro-mob respawn rate; many nodes are useless (but decorative).

Something ought to have been done to make the mob-crowded nodes useful. Reduce mob respawn time, maybe?

Also, I humbly suggest returning Imoogi to the game; just drain the water in that specific watering hole, perhaps???

Yes, I realize that it won't feel/look right to fight a 'fish out of water' - but at least it would be fair for class specific drops.

Ofc, I only suggest this if it was in fact a question of aquatic battle issues. However, I do not think any changes should

be made to how water can cancel combat at this time, for the sake of this one issue. IF any changes are made to how

water affects gameplay, it needs to consider every map. IF it is determined that swimming must happen for water entry

to cancel combat, then I suggest making every existing pool of water deep enough to achieve this (incl oasis in ROB).

On a similar note, battle-bug has often irked me when I was on a map that had no water to cancel the bug. Just sayin'

Or better yet... fix battle bug... then water wont need to cancel combat anywhere, ever. Just a totally off-the-wall idea...

Peace and Cheers!

Edited by Maxscha, 23 February 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#22 YamamotoKatsuya

YamamotoKatsuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

i was hoping for fixes from the other mobs in forgotten payon that gives 6-8 mp per kill..... is it intended??  :questionmark:

not to mention sara's clothes doesnt drop ( or it drops? idk )

(still waiting for range bug and skill CD bug fixes)

Edited by YamamotoKatsuya, 23 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#23 haulee

haulee

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

Wish to having fusion tablets sales at next update.
Btw, pls look into eddga gears drop rate. Its horrible low and hope can be increase soon zzzzzz. Ty

#24 SmashinBash

SmashinBash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

Sooooooooo its update time again and no changes to the master lvl D equipment prices, and master rank c prices (100 rupee to npc :rolleyes:)... Lol.... Seems we got some thick headed game designers... :wall: oh well, I found another way to make zeny without the npc sellings xD.

Have fun!

Smash :P

#25 4122130526210046830

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

no Battle Tactics Nerf... sersly?! ... guess they think that a boomerang of 100k is legit and from tank classes... ( wtf they thinking about ).

and if Imoogi is gonna be removed then wich boss gonna drop sm/crec eddga gears???

the noel army want answers,  no things that gonna be "fixed" xD.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users