[Royal Guard - MvP] New on the Class, need some advices ^.^ - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Royal Guard - MvP] New on the Class, need some advices ^.^

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Hey Guys, :p_idea:

I'm new at the Royal Guard Class but got some advices and hints from friends and a little searching about their Skills and which Stats would beneffit it. So I made some build prototipes and I want some opinion from you experts on the class :p_laugh:

Talking first about my target for this Character, it would be 100% targeting for MvPs in Instances (Not willing to fight Valk, Ifrit, Deta or anything that is not an Instance MvP), so I am building it to fight OGH, Nidd, Faceworm?, and maybe the new Instances that is coming maybe tomorrow with Heroes Trail Part II. :p_love:

Talking about equipments here is what a I got:
+12 W.Eddga (+9 Vana for leveling)

BDM

Gangster Scarf

All Elemental Armors and an Orleans with Porcellio for leveling.

+12 Imperial Spear (For now its FS9 for OB leveling but I'll put it into EA10+)

For now I don't bought a unique shield for him, using my commom Hodramlin Valk to leveling purpose.

+12 FAW Spec STR FS10 (Cenere Card, its from my GX) and +9 Immune FAW with EA10 (maybe gonna switch for one with Menblatt Card soon)

+9 E.Variant Shoes with Firelock Card, +4 Temp STR Boots FS7/SoL (Maybe soon getting a +9 STR FS7 with Firelock?)

2x Bakonawa Tatto

I'm really excited about this new combo with White Kalitz and Abyss (price doesnt matter :p_laugh: )

+23 Physical Shadow Set

+16 Champion Shadow Set

No shield at Shadow Set yet, looking after that one for MvP.

Ok, going to the Status Build:

First prototype: this one I calculated carying about the SP Amount I will be able to have as Royal Guard drinks SP as Race car drinks fuel.

STR 110
AGI 100

VIT 110
INT 60
DEX 100

LUK 30

:p_hi:

Second Prototype: This one is INTless, and focusing on 120 STR for STR Boots and not loosing the 110 VIT

STR 120

AGI 100

VIT 110

DEX 100

LUK 33

:p_smile:

Third Prototype: This one keeps the STR at 120 and have some INT for SP but now is LUKless, is loosing LUK that bad for RG?

STR 120

AGI 100

VIT 100

INT 62

DEX 100

:p_sick:

So thats it, I'm pretty sure about the skills I'm going to use. And I decided to get Inspiration instead of Prestigy. The rest is pretty common for a MvP Royal Guard.

If you think my Prototypes or ideas for RG is crazyness or crap, please let me know, I really enjoyed the potential to do instances with it, so I wanna explore it at the best!

Edited:

Recently I've saw many topics Saying that Cannon Spear is a good Skill do Combo with OB, so I have some questions about it:

1) With my gear up there and 100+40 STR I would hit about 20k on it?
2) I saw in many places that Megs are always relationed to this skill, but c'mon Megs are not that Affordable even for players with a nica quantity of zeny (20-30b)
3) Is it possible do Combo like this: Cannon -> OB -> Cannon -> OB ? If possible, I would be able to beat easy mobs with 140-160k HP right? Or their delay is to high for it?
4) Thinking on "comboing" these skill, would it be better to use a +9/+12 Cannon Spear instead of my Imperial one? FS or EA Enchants? I'd go with FS coz will affect my both Skills.

Thanks all for the attention! :p_love:

Edited by Setluks, 24 February 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#2 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

I've edited the topic with some new questions ^.^

#3 KudanSeishirou

KudanSeishirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

Recently I've saw many topics Saying that Cannon Spear is a good Skill do Combo with OB, so I have some questions about it:

2) I saw in many places that Megs are always relationed to this skill, but c'mon Megs are not that Affordable iven for players with a nica quantity of zeny (20-30b)
3) Is it possible do Combo like this: Cannon -> OB -> Cannon -> OB ? If possible, I would be able to bet easy mobs with 140-160k HP right? Or their delay is to high for it?
4) Thinking on "comboing" these skill, would it be better to use a +9/+12 Cannon Spear instead of my Imperial one? FS or EA Enchants? I'd go with FS coz will affect my both Skills.

Thanks all for the attention! :p_love:

1. 20k ?? you might do 40k++ or even 50k++ normal damage at 175. my RG doing like 33kish Cannon Spear at 131 with 140str.

2. you can use slotted RWC ring with +3str FS/%atk or nonslotted RWC ring with +6str.

3. it's possible to do it. but depends on your overbrand you might make the mobs scatters around you instead of in 1 line of sight, so the 2nd cannon spear doesn't hit them all. or maybe i just bad at playing RG. QQ

4. Imperial spear is far better than cannon spear. i don't why that spear even exist. i prefer EA enchant, it's affect the whole cannon spear damage and 2nd damage of OB.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

Ha to be brutally honest with you, I have no experiences with mvping ie. instances. I only WoE hahaha

First, for gears, I dont really know what gears a mvp RG needs x_x you will have to ask other RGs who have experiences with soloing mvps after the balance patch. So far the gears look good to me.

Second, if I were to solo mvping, I would pick something similar to 3rd build. Having no int cant be any more annoying. You will literally spam SP food or run out of SP. I dont think having 0 luck will affect you in ET but again I dont mvp, so I don't know what those mvps can do to you if you have luck 0 hahaha but probably I might have less int and get some luck because it is cheap to get luck. Aso every 3 lucks give you 1 ATK and such. Maybe 35ish-31 INT:LUCK? lol

Third, whatever skills you take, make sure you get Inspiration. Inspiration I think will be very useful to you and comes handy in some situations. Prestige is also good though.

Further questions

Your Cannon spear will definitely hit much harder than 20k. Make sure you get STR 120 to take advantages of STR GH boots though.

2) I saw in many places that Megs are always relationed to this skill, but c'mon Megs are not that Affordable even for players with a nica quantity of zeny (20-30b)

RWC rings with STR 3 (in fact, I would take any of these STR, DEX, and VIT) and either FS or ATK%. If you are rich, slot it with gold scaraba.

3) Is it possible do Combo like this: Cannon -> OB -> Cannon -> OB ? If possible, I would be able to beat easy mobs with 140-160k HP right? Or their delay is to high for it?

No I dont think it is possible. Here is why

Cannon spear:

- Variable cast time: Instant

- Cast delay: none

- Cooldown: 2 seconds

Over brand:

- Variable cast time: variable

- Cast delay: 2 seconds

- Cooldown: not sure but I assume none because you can spam it when you have String or Kiel.

Why why does this not work? Sure, you start with CS, then right away, you follow with OB because CS has no cast delay. Can you follow up with CS right away? The answer is no because OB has 2 cast delay which means after you cast OB, you can not ask any skill for 2 seconds. Assuming you have String or Kiel card. Will this work? The answer is also no because String nad Kiel can reduce cast delay but it does not reduce CS's cooldown. So although OB's cast delay is reduced but due to the fact that CS has 2 seconds cooldown, you can not do this combo continually/spontaneously or whatever the right english word is.

The will be 2 seconds between the combo. CS -> OB then wait 2 seconds without String/Kiel. CS -> OB then wait less only 2 seconds, starting right after you cast CS with String/Kiel.

Imperialal forever ... Cannon spear spear is garbage. I dont know why they even made this spear. I see it as an insult because before they nerf'ed RGs, bad enough to turn this class from a killer to a pure supporter, a RG was a very good and powerful killer. I blame it on so-called -_-ty balanced patch hahaha

#5 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:59 AM

Thanks a lot for the attention guys!

I will give a chance for cannon spear, lets try, why not haha!

But guys, please say that I can work out with my Bakonawas instead of the Scarabas RWC hahahaha

Lookong after the status build, I will try to balance LUK and INT. 100 VIT is enough right?

Wishing for 30k Cannon Spear xD

Another question, maybe Exceed Break can take some high inicial damage to the mvp? With my GX I usually hit 500k with CI before auto attacking xD

#6 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:20 AM

I like all 3 of your builds actually, But the one I prefer the most would probably be 2.

Per Chakri, Kasshin, Saint Michael and others with a +9 rideword or +9 Vanargard helm, I rarely run out of SP and my HP leech is pretty good with it too.

I am mobbing 15 mobs at a time sometimes though. Maybe more.

I went from 105 to 110 last night lol just by grinding and doing TI.

RG potential is huge in my eyes and don't need a lot of supplies such as EDP, Acid bomb, etc.

My goal as a RG is to kill every MVP in the game solo.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 25 February 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#7 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

Just reset my build to put Cannon Spear in and changed my FAW and Imperial Spear Enchants to AS to teste.

By now with:

-> 100+Bonus STR

-> EA9 FAW

-> EA9 Imperial Spear

-> 2x Bakonawa

-> No Temporal Boots

Results:

Cannon Spear Damage without endow -> 16-17k

Cannon Spear Damage with endow -> 22-23k

Overbrand Damage without endow -> First hit 11-14k, second hit 15-17k, third hit -> I didnt saw xD

Overbrand Damage with endow -> First Hit 25k, Second Hit 25k, Third Hit -> I didnt saw xD

Well, I guess its becoming a strong skill, I may get a Temporal STR Boots EA4/BP or something like that to level (zeny low xD) and some Base level for sure.

The interesting point is that at level 112 I can kill easily a lot of the monster which appears on the HighTI Map.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:26 AM

cannon spear does increase a lot with str, u might want to dump it until 120 asap, get a temp str ea4 BP, also its costs way less than overbrand and is, IMO, easier to use

note: cara, qualquer coisa pergunta pro alvru, o rg dele é de mvp, ele pode te dar uma ajuda

#9 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

cannon spear does increase a lot with str, u might want to dump it until 120 asap, get a temp str ea4 BP, also its costs way less than overbrand and is, IMO, easier to use

note: cara, qualquer coisa pergunta pro alvru, o rg dele é de mvp, ele pode te dar uma ajuda

Sim, paralelamente eu falo com ele sobre o RG, ele ajuda pacas ^.^

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

I think base VIT 100 pretty good. In fact, I would only get a total VIT of 100. I am not a fan of VIT. About INT and LUCK, you need to ask people around, those people who run ET, and see which of these two is more important. Then just believe in yourself and try it. If it not working ,then reset it.

Exceed break is not for mvping. I think it is not worth it especially if you can only use it once as a starter. The reasoning is that, EB takes time to cast and you need good gears to make the damage really effective (meaning that you will need a total new set of gears to boost EB damage). Though you can get it instant because EB is 100% variable, but you will need the hammer (god item) and Dark lork-Dark illusion card combo. I think this will get your EB instant or close hahaha

With proper EA-buffed gears, VP alredy outdamages EB in a short run.

#11 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

Chakri, How come u don't like VIT? What is your reasoning behind it?

I know u don't MVP but for ppl who MVP Stun could be an issue.

Stun is not an issue in WOE?

Edited by MoyuZ777, 25 February 2015 - 08:24 AM.

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

Because I like to kill them before they kill me -*-

If I had to choose between leaning towards offensive (STR) and defensive (VIT) and I was all by myself, pretty sure I would choose offensive (STR) because I would not be tanking forever.

I dont really know about mpving but in WoE, I am not all that tanky despite being a RG but I usually kill enemies first before they attack me, thus I barely have to tank.

I just get a total VIT of 100 to get stun immunity. Getting VIT over 100 starts to be expensive. I would rather spend it on something else that is cheaper. Normally, I prefer balanced builds. However due to the arrival of GH boots, getting 120 seems reasonable.

There is nothing wrong at all if you prefer VIT to STR or others. People play differently.

#13 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:48 AM

Chakri, actually today u can get IC EB without Dark Lord/Dark Illusion card, Alligators told me how do it, haha. 

Anyway, my RG is 168 now, he's only MvP, no Instance. I get 118k damage with him in the Kraken MvP, and i dont use Str BP/EA 4, actually, for me, ASPD is better than high damage, beause with 193 aspd u can do more damage/s than anyone, and think with me, if i can hit 118k with VP and i got 193 aspd, i can hit 118k 5 times for second, because with 193 aspd, u can hit 5 times per second. 

But a RG for instances, OB/CS is really interesting, but the more easy is kill the mobs of the mab, the most hard is kill the own mvp, for me, u need make a RG VP/OB and a bit CS, so you will be able to kill the mobs of the map, and kill the MvP easy easy. 

#14 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:52 AM

Ahh, i think u need get more LUK than INT, because LUK provide you ATK/HIT/Perfect Dodge, for a RG that is userfull a lot, and u always will need get SP from Staw, Ygg Seeds, Driad Ygg, etc, that is obviously, so its more userfull u increase ur damage than get a little SP that will be useless, trust me, i have 2.5k SP in my RG, and i always need buy seeds, straw, etc, but i'm fine with it.

Edited by Skyrius1, 25 February 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#15 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

Alright. Thanks for the explanation Chakri. I like what u said and it makes perfect sense.

#16 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Great Skyrius. Thanks for chiming in man. I wanted to meet an experienced MVP RG.

Do you have OB and CS? Also do u get 193 without 120 AGI?

What other skills would u say are beneficial for a MVP RG?

Also do u do 100k dmg with gods or without?

Edited by MoyuZ777, 28 February 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#17 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

You should aim for 20-40 LUK for endgame and 40-60 INT I would say, for a more PVM/MVP oriented build. I don't really think STR over 100 is worth it as the bonuses you get from non-megs gears are not that great. The cannon spear bonus doesn't seem worth it to me either. Though maybe at the really high levels you have nothing else to put the stat points into really once you have ~100 of all the core stats.

For me I opted for 120 DEX for faster sacrifice cast time with Temporal DEX boots. To be honest, RG is pretty good at killing MVPs but the real unique thing about the class is being able to sacrifice other people. You can have most of the important support skills and still be able to solo MVPs.

The cannon spear weapon looks all right just for the cannon spear skill on paper. Someone should probably test it out and give us real numbers. But it uses the expensive bio enchants, whereas weapons like Imperial Spear and Hunting Spear use the cheaper Malangdo Enchants.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

The weapon Cannon Spear is far weaker than Imperial spear. The only thing CP exceeds IS is being a lv4 weapon, over lv3 IS. all the rest Imperial is better. Both have same base atk, but Cannon Spear only increases the skill dmg by13% and further 1% per refine lvl. Imperial Spear Increases it by 20% and 3% per 2 refines (+1,5% per refine). Plus Imperial spear is has cheaper, safer and stronger enchants .

#19 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Ahh, I never even noticed Imperial Spear gives a bonus to the cannon spear skill. I've just used it only for the VP damage bonus all along.

Just from the enchants type, Imperial Spear should beat Cannon Spear in that case, even if Cannon Spear is a level 4 weapon.

Edit: wait, I remember now, I was pretty sure it was more than 1% per level... http://www.divine-pr.../cannon-spear-1 if you look at other servers, it says it's 3% per refine for the cannon spear weapon. So it should be slightly stronger at the higher refines.

Edited by kasshin, 27 February 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#20 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

Great Skyrius. Thanks for chiming in man. I wanted to meet an experience MVP RG.

Do you have OB and CS? Also do u get 193 without 120 AGI?

What other skills would u say are beneficial for a MVP RG?

Also do u do 100k dmg with gods or without?

I just have OB level 3 cuz i was needing others skills for my RG can kills some MvP's like Ifrit (almost killed solo if wasn't my -_- internet that fumbled me at the time of his EQ), Kraken, Fallen Bishop and anothers. 

I dont have CS, but i really dont have time do study this Skill yet (very busy with university), but for i can see, OB and VP still the best options for a RG MvP. 

Actually i have 193 aspd without 120 agi, my agi base is 100. I invested in aspd gears for get it, like agi boots, bakonawa, rugra aspd, etc, because for me, a RG MvP really need get 193 aspd, in thoses cases, even if damage fall 10~20k relative a other RG with Str Boots BP/EA 4, the damage per second of the first RG will cause more final damage in the MvP than the second RG. Because With 193 aspd u can hit 5 times per second (i think that's it) and with a Str BP/EA even with 2x Bako and Inspiration/Rudra aspd u will get 190~191 aspd, and the final damage will be less than that with 193.

Well, it depends on MvP, my favorite skills are: VP (kill MvP), OB (Mob Control), VF (Increase HP, very useful), Martyr (Kill MvP's with Agi up, this skill ignore this status, just look it), Inspiration (Mode God any RG xD ). But depends much of the MvP that i'll kill, actually I've thought in ways to kill Belzebub, but i need 175 level, and more 3~4 job points. xD

No, i dont have any god or mvp cards, and i dont like get this things, all my gears is easy to find selling. 

Last time that i meet kraken: http://i.imgur.com/KpAlYqZ.jpg

Edited by Skyrius1, 25 February 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#21 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

Kasshin, do u ever MVP man?

#22 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

Decided to follow the idea of the Prototype 3, following like this:

STR - 120

AGI, DEX, VIT - 100

LUK - 60

INT - leftovers

I'll reach 193 ASPD for sure and think it is well balanced xD

About CS and OB, I'm discussing it for leveling, for sure I'll focus on Vanishing Point for MvPs

#23 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

I recently just reached 175 on my RG and also do a lot of MVP. There’s not many to say about your gears.  You have far better gears than I do and since I feel pretty comfortable with mine, you should be fine too. For shield just Alice Valk in general and Alice Sacred Mission for MVP that Breaks Shield (Like Cenia and Evil Snake Lord) and GTB if you are rich

In terms of stats, I am 110 S/V, 100 A/D and 50ish I/L, which is similar to your option 1. I won’t suggest getting 120 on any of the stats for RG. I don’t think RG relies heavily on any one stat.

In terms of skills, I basically use VP to do damage on MVP and OB to deal with mobs, with other supportive skills, Spear Quicken, Shield Spell 1, Vanguard Force, Prestige, and for some MVPs, Inspiration. I believe the advantage of VP is that it does really high DPS on single target, so is really good for MVP. I am using +12 EA9 AK Card Imperial Spear, +9 Lord of the Dead Helm, +9 HBP, Glorious Ring and Medal of Honor Combo. With these I can do 20k to 30k per VP. With proper elemental endows, some food, and after inspiration, it is not hard to get 50k+ per VP. The DPS is very high combined with 193 ASPD (I can only reach 191). I believe with your gears you can do more DPS than that. The downside is that since VP is single target so it is hard to deal with summoned slaves. You need Phen or Orleans Gown for OB, which either breaks accessory combo or lower you defense. Also when many mobs hit you it is going to be laggy, and you can easily misplace your OB and miss everything. Actually in many cases summoned slaves can cause far more troubles to you than MVP itself. I remember once I was lucky to find FBH not camped by Gene so I tried to solo it. With full buff I do 50+k per VP, but those banshees were hitting like crazy and made me extremely laggy that I can’t even cast VP. Also not to mention those MVPs that cast Dark Blessing. I have died to Kiel, Dark Lord, and even Pharoah. So in these cases you might consider Cannon Spear instead of VP. I am not very familiar with CS so I don’t know the damage or if it has a cast time. If yes, then maybe get more Orlean’s Gown for different elemental reductions.

Finally, Glad to notice there are so many MVP RGs. I’ve been camping various MVPs these days and got sick to see Gene just show up and kill them in 10 seconds. I’ve been doing MVP for a couple of months and I’ve only seen another RG once when camping Evil Snake Lord, and unfortunately he died to the snake. Hope to see you guys more instead of just Genes everywhere

#24 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

Haha, gratz Mourn, keep it up! u can kill almost any mvp, actually is really easy to kill FBH, take a look at this: https://www.youtube....h?v=w1FFhScw_5k

#25 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Skyrius I was actually going to ask if you are Alvaro Batista on youtube because of the Skyrius name haha. I am subscribed to you man, I watched all of your videos and got me really pumped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users