[Royal Guard - MvP] New on the Class, need some advices ^.^ - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Royal Guard - MvP] New on the Class, need some advices ^.^

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

Thanks a lot Moyo, haha! xD

I'm always trying kill MvPs, my next challenge is kill Naght Sieger by myself. Maybe next month i'll try it. xD

#27 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

Thanks Skyrius. That was a cool video. I think the only problem is that there are so many banshee hitting me that makes me very laggy. They also cover FBH himself so I will sometimes waste VP hit on banshee. Last time I tried I was still like around 145. Now I will see if I can do it at 175, just pray no Gene was parking there.

Also do you have idea how to deal with EQ MVPs, (Ifrit and Valk)? I tried ET with my ranger and AB friend and never be able to pass Ifrit. We tried bring a mercenary for each of us but they can only tank the first hit. With GR card and full buff I am at 80k hp and can also tank another hit of EQ, but ranger and AB die to the second hit, so no one was sharing damage and I die to his third hit. Also when Ifrit powers up I just can't even tank his physical damage. He hit me at like 8-10k per hit with high ASPD when I am at like 500 defense

Haha, gratz Mourn, keep it up! u can kill almost any mvp, actually is really easy to kill FBH, take a look at this: https://www.youtube....h?v=w1FFhScw_5k

#28 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

i see haha, I know that feel. I was trying to kill Ifrit solo a few days ago, and was really easy tank his hits, even with power up, but when he used EQ, I just got tank The first and second hit, even with 120k HP and GR/DR. I suppose that it could be because my internet, cuz I was with a little lag that time. But I don't give up, I'll try kill him by myself later.

EQ is totally neutral damage, so u can reduce his damage with GR and Ghostring, also Immune Shield and equips like that. xD

#29 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Regardless of what others have said in other threads, RG is a great solo MVP killer. Especially the hard ones.

I am level 115 and leveling up fast! ;)

#30 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

RG is "pretty good" at solo MVP but it's not top tier I would say.

High flee and AGI up MVPs are probably the main weakness. Although there are several ways around it, they aren't nearly as effective as other classes. Against realy hard hitting MVPs that you need an alice shield (or sometimes a GTB) for, you can only use Gungnir and you can't afford to use ancient mummy card on the shield. That means only 25% of all of your hits will land, which means you are only using 25% of your "usual" DPS. If adding in PPA and so on, maybe you can say it's overall ~30%. You also "struggle" with low-tier MVPs that have high flee or use AGI up whereas other classes who have skills that don't depend on HIT will have zero trouble with them.

You can probably use one or two Phreeoni Cards for the high flee MVPs (not enough for the AGI up ones). This means the MVPs that just require about 100-200 more HIT than your regular amount. You could also maybe use a Randgris Card to CRIT an MVP until you dispel their AGI UP too. So there are kind of strategies for everything. Instead of investing billions into one class, I would instead suggest using the right class for each situation.

Some of RG's advantages would probably be low VIT MVPs, where acid bomb really suffers. But note that Cart Cannon has really amazing DPS potential too with insta/near-insta cast and also cast delay reduction as well, AND it's also an AOE. Suras are really good at BBs or natural spawn MVPs where they can deal 50% or more of the MVP's HP, or can utilize fist + wing tricks. RKs are getting very high tier too due to water DB, EA modifiers, and exponentially higher damage from higher HP/SP pool with level 175.

#31 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

i see haha, I know that feel. I was trying to kill Ifrit solo a few days ago, and was really easy tank his hits, even with power up, but when he used EQ, I just got tank The first and second hit, even with 120k HP and GR/DR. I suppose that it could be because my internet, cuz I was with a little lag that time. But I don't give up, I'll try kill him by myself later.

EQ is totally neutral damage, so u can reduce his damage with GR and Ghostring, also Immune Shield and equips like that. xD

Do you have a Tao Card? or how do you manage to reach 120k hp? I am at 110 base V with Ares Armor, +9 Turkey and +9 Superior enhance variant and only have like 70 raw hp. Also do you use ygg berry to regen hp for EQ or some other stuff?

#32 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:35 AM

High flee and AGI up MVPs are probably the main weakness. Although there are several ways around it, they aren't nearly as effective as other classes. Against realy hard hitting MVPs that you need an alice shield (or sometimes a GTB) for, you can only use Gungnir and you can't afford to use ancient mummy card on the shield. That means only 25% of all of your hits will land, which means you are only using 25% of your "usual" DPS. If adding in PPA and so on, maybe you can say it's overall ~30%. You also "struggle" with low-tier MVPs that have high flee or use AGI up whereas other classes who have skills that don't depend on HIT will have zero trouble with them.

You can probably use one or two Phreeoni Cards for the high flee MVPs (not enough for the AGI up ones). This means the MVPs that just require about 100-200 more HIT than your regular amount. You could also maybe use a Randgris Card to CRIT an MVP until you dispel their AGI UP too. So there are kind of strategies for everything. Instead of investing billions into one class, I would instead suggest using the right class for each situation.

Some of RG's advantages would probably be low VIT MVPs, where acid bomb really suffers. But note that Cart Cannon has really amazing DPS potential too with insta/near-insta cast and also cast delay reduction as well, AND it's also an AOE. Suras are really good at BBs or natural spawn MVPs where they can deal 50% or more of the MVP's HP, or can utilize fist + wing tricks. RKs are getting very high tier too due to water DB, EA modifiers, and exponentially higher damage from higher HP/SP pool with level 175.

I don't comment so much in this forum, actually i'm only here because my friend asked to help he here, but i always see you guys talking about MvP with Agi up, and how kill him in many ways, this seems that you guys dont know you own class, RG got an perfect skill to do it, Martyr's Reckoning, u know what is that? if dont, go find out for yourself.

You can check out how i kill MvP's with agi up, although the video has been made in bRO, u can do the same thing in MvP's with agi up here:

Ohh, and just for u know, i already thought in anothers ways to kill Agi up MvP's here, with ou without Martyr's Reckoning. xD

#33 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Mourn, i think he has Vanguard Force Skill. Which increases your HP by 15%.

#34 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Hahahaha I love it dude. Thanks for your comment.

Ppl say, Gene are better for MVPing but they die a whole lot with high tier mvps.

I don't comment so much in this forum, actually i'm only here because my friend asked to help he here, but i always see you guys talking about MvP with Agi up, and how kill him in many ways, this seems that you guys dont know you own class, RG got an perfect skill to do it, Martyr's Reckoning, u know what is that? if dont, go find out for yourself.

You can check out how i kill MvP's with agi up, although the video has been made in bRO, u can do the same thing in MvP's with agi up here:

Ohh, and just for u know, i already thought in anothers ways to kill Agi up MvP's here, with ou without Martyr's Reckoning. xD

#35 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

I"m looking for an RG to MvP coz some of Instansces are pretty impossible with GX. But I do agree with Skyrius and you guys. When you're doing a new character or devoloping your own its because you wanna have fun with this class.

Some of my friends are addicted to Gene and they want always higher and higher damage on Acid Bomb, but, for me, Gene is a lot boring, and I hate Characters that doesnt have high AGI and HP, and Genes are pretty poor on that.

---

Changing the topics, Now at level 120 I fot STR 100 VIT 88 DEX 90 AGI 40, I guess its a good time to rush a bit of Agi, so at 130 I'll be able to do Old GH normal mode. (gonna rush some jobs to get Inspiration). As I'm not foccused on Cannon Spear and its just an add to my DPS damage, I think to rush 120 STR woundt be the best choice.

I saw you guys talking about HP, my ROyal Guard can only reach 40k =/ But using only +9 E.Variantes [Firelock] to reach that (Obviously with buffs of the class and Increase HP Potion).

#36 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

Do you have a Tao Card? or how do you manage to reach 120k hp? I am at 110 base V with Ares Armor, +9 Turkey and +9 Superior enhance variant and only have like 70 raw hp. Also do you use ygg berry to regen hp for EQ or some other stuff?

Of course not bro, i already said, i dont have any God or MvP card, but i'll let u know what is that. Actually, i was very excited with this new costume, 15% MHP and 15%MSP  (Bapho costume) is useful a lot, i rush to 168 before i get busy in university, for try kill Ifrit in this event, look, i start kill him with some gears, and when i see that is already time of his EQ i switch my gears to HP, i'm saying that but i only switch my shoes for a variant, for get max HP possible to tank his EQ, in level 168 + this costume + Variant Shoes ( without ares armor) i got 120k HP in my RG, i really want to get 175 until this event finish for kill ifrit by myself, but i cant do this D: i hope when i get 175 in my RG i can kill him solo xD

I use ygg seed too, and i only know this stuffs: http://i.imgur.com/Iip4SH9.jpg

Edited by Skyrius1, 27 February 2015 - 12:00 PM.

#37 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Of course not bro, i already said, i dont have any God or MvP card, but i'll let u know what is that. Actually, i was very excited with this new costume, 15% MHP and 15%MSP  (Bapho costume) is useful a lot, i rush to 168 before i get busy in university, for try kill Ifrit in this event, look, i start kill him with some gears, and when i see that is already time of his EQ i switch my gears to HP, i'm saying that but i only switch my shoes for a variant, for get max HP possible to tank his EQ, in level 168 + this costume + Variant Shoes ( without ares armor) i got 120k HP in my RG, i really want to get 175 until this event finish for kill ifrit by myself, but i cant do this D: i hope when i get 175 in my RG i can kill him solo xD

I use ygg seed too, and i only know this stuffs: http://i.imgur.com/Iip4SH9.jpg

I am 175 and also lvl 5 VF, with 15% from Baphot, 10% from Ares Armor, 22% from firelock E. Variant and 9% from +9 Turkey, and I am still at 90K hp when VF is on :sob: Maybe because my V is too low? I am at 125 Vit total

#38 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

I personally switch to gungnir with ak and mummy + ancient mummy valk shield for agi-up MVP. I don't think it is a very big deal. Most MVP agi-up when they are at less than half hp so you are not going to waste a lot of damage output actually. I have tried DL, SS, Turtle general, Osiris, most of them agi-up when they are almost die,  so it is really not a big deal. The only troubled MVP is RSX, I believe it agi-up at the very beginning. Combined with EQ could be a little bit tough.

#39 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

I wonder if between 120 str and 90 str if there is a huge difference in damage of at least 15k difference in damage.

At the same time, if 120 vit and 100 vit would be a huge difference in HP with HP boosting equips not counting Tao.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 28 February 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#40 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:18 AM

I got a very similar build to yours. Only difference is that I don't have as much STR yet.

How are liking to have Str 120?

I"m looking for an RG to MvP coz some of Instansces are pretty impossible with GX. But I do agree with Skyrius and you guys. When you're doing a new character or devoloping your own its because you wanna have fun with this class.
Some of my friends are addicted to Gene and they want always higher and higher damage on Acid Bomb, but, for me, Gene is a lot boring, and I hate Characters that doesnt have high AGI and HP, and Genes are pretty poor on that.

---

Changing the topics, Now at level 120 I fot STR 100 VIT 88 DEX 90 AGI 40, I guess its a good time to rush a bit of Agi, so at 130 I'll be able to do Old GH normal mode. (gonna rush some jobs to get Inspiration). As I'm not foccused on Cannon Spear and its just an add to my DPS damage, I think to rush 120 STR woundt be the best choice.

I saw you guys talking about HP, my ROyal Guard can only reach 40k =/ But using only +9 E.Variantes [Firelock] to reach that (Obviously with buffs of the class and Increase HP Potion).

#41 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

I am 175 and also lvl 5 VF, with 15% from Baphot, 10% from Ares Armor, 22% from firelock E. Variant and 9% from +9 Turkey, and I am still at 90K hp when VF is on :sob: Maybe because my V is too low? I am at 125 Vit total

no bro, i only get it because Inspiration xD

#42 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

I wonder if between 120 str and 90 str if there is a huge difference in damage of at least 15k difference in damage.

At the same time, if 120 vit and 100 vit would be a huge difference in HP with HP boosting equips not counting Tao.

no moyu, 20 str won't make you hit 15k more, at least if u use Str Boots, then yes, with 120 str and Str Boots u will hit much more (but not 15k, maybe 5~10k).

Huum, look, each VIT point provide u 1% MHP, so, +20 Vit will gave you 20% MHP, just look how much u get with Minor Brisket and u will know how much their HP will increase. xD

#43 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

Skyrius and Mourn, you guys a both high level but yet Skyrius is able to do 100k+ without gods or mvp cards. Why is there like a 50k difference in dmg?

#44 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

Mourn, what level is your bash?

Each level of bash increases the dmg by 30%

#45 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

Also I guess we can only hit 100k+ whenever the Dropping White Eddga Procs

#46 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

So at the end the dmg should be 800% and dmg increases as you gain levels.

#47 Skyrius1

Skyrius1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:29 AM

Well, he said he hit 50k+ on FBH, its because FBH have a lot of def, its really hard hit much on him. actually i only hit 40~50k. But i'm sure if he were kill kraken, he will hit more than me. xD

#48 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:58 AM

I am full lvl bash. I hit FBH at around 50k with inspiration, Kraken at 80k. But that is with all kinds of buffs including baphot hat, +20 str food, terrayaki octopus leg and aspresio. I recently got a pair of chamber RWC with total of 6% atk boost, and both with golden scaraba cards. Unfortunately looks like total attack boost is kind of close to medal of honor + glorious ring combo. Lots of zeny wasted :sob:

#49 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Also do you guys think +9 LOTD Helm is good if I want to max damage output on MVP? Based on the discussion here I am thinking probably switch to W.Eddga Hat will be better? 

#50 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Haha, gratz Mourn, keep it up! u can kill almost any mvp, actually is really easy to kill FBH, take a look at this: https://www.youtube....h?v=w1FFhScw_5k

150+ unripe ygg's is not reasonable for a single MVP fight, nor would that be considered easy if you weren't just spamming % heals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users