The Bot Air Strike Sticky - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

The Bot Air Strike Sticky

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Allegrah

Allegrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

Why does that thread exist?

Option #1 - Are we supposed to believe that Warpportal is dumb enough to need the players to point at the swarms of bots crawling through their own servers? Are we supposed to believe that Warpportal cannot comprehend which items draw the most bots for them to "air strike" every day?

Option #2 - Warpportal knows people are mass botting strawberries, acid bomb items, slim potion items and high value cards because it's not like the bots are trying to hide or anything. Warpportal doesn't actually need players to point them in the right direction. Instead of actually solving the botting problem by doing actual work they have decided to create the air strike sticky as a fake display of effort to make absolute fools believe that they care and that something is being done about it.

So which is it Warpportal? Are you incompetant or are you disrespecting your customers?

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Isn't this a bit of a redundant question?

#3 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

Oh the irony - why does this thread exist?

The GM Team has cleared a large number of tickets from their queue and have alerted me that they have more time to be doing patrols and spot-checks of third party program automated character maps around RO1. They are still taking in bot hunting reports, but a thread like this will help the GM Team to locate and target the most problematic maps. 

I believe it's also to help the community know that the GM team is actually working hard to stop the bots and to make the community feel like they're actually doing something useful to cut the bot population. The overall effect probably isn't that much but you can't just blame Oda for trying to help

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

Reading is hard

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:50 PM

my question is why does it bother you so

#6 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

That's how they like it bro.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

how about you to switch place to become a GM staff whose job is investigate bots.
no, you cant ban people straight right away, you have to wait for ticket and someone's report. and i believe that thread will make your life easier as GM.

#8 meichaofeng

meichaofeng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

Tickets don't work. I am done with reporting, and this Airstrike is only for 'lip-service'.

I was hoping things will go better for Classic server, but this is so disappointing. They are afraid population number will go lower and lower so even bots are kept in server. Accounts that were banned for botting long ago are now released again.

To save myself from wasting time and money, I will just log on but not going to spend on WPE anymore.

#9 nevkaye

nevkaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

Playing devil's advocate, what would acid bombs cost if it wasn't for bots?

#10 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

When they said they were doing airstrikes, they weren't kidding. They are LITERALLY doing airstrikes on the maps.

Supplying/reloading a battleship takes quite a bit of time. To avoid wasting time/resources and create an effective assault at the same time, they need to know what maps are heavily populated during the hour. That's where the players can pitch in their assistance.

To help you understand how the GMs initiate a map airstrike, here's a visualization. Sadly, it's not 100% accurate.... but simply imagine Oda's face on top of Keiji Inafune's and you now have a perfect idea of how they clear out the maps. I hope this helps.

CtI6qZ4.gif

#11 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

around 200 kp

#12 suken46

suken46

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

how about you to switch place to become a GM staff whose job is investigate bots.
no, you cant ban people straight right away, you have to wait for ticket and someone's report. and i believe that thread will make your life easier as GM.

That doesn't make sense to me.  The GMs don't have to wait for someone to report a bot, or at least they shouldn't because that isn't effective.  Do a thorough check with whatever procedure they have in place yes.  Not do anything until reported; no..

Edited by Kevin011, 27 February 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

GMs must be chained to desk with no sleep, 5 min lunches and no talking.

/sarcasm

Edited by Inubashiri, 27 February 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

GMs must be chained to desk with no sleep, 5 min lunches and no talking.

/sarcasm

Surprised they even get lunch.

#15 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

CtI6qZ4.gif

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

#16 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

A lot, which would be good. 

#17 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

after the gm nuked the poison spore map 3 weeks ago, poison spore prices shot up by 250% and it still slowly recovering.  Like what necro said earlier, 50 acid bombs would cost 200 kp because no one wants to farm poison spores.

Assuming the current reserves for poison spores run out and the GM's constantly nuke the p spore map, i'd estimate grenade bottles would shoot up to around 80k per over the course of a week, and would gradually increase.  Players would resort to utilizing the change material for genes to make alcohol for acid bombs, but without spiritual potion creation 3 mass production of bombs would be extremely tedious. Keep in mind that time is money as well, if a player has to spend 5 hours spamming f1 to make grenade bottles 1 at a time then they'd definitely expect at least a 100 to 200% profit return.  Even then, grenade bottle producers would become scarcer due to no one wants to spend the tedium that is making acid bombs for the measly profit margins we already make off them vs time spent.  For reference, selling a batch of 4000 acid bombs only nets you a net profit return of like 50 to 60 million zeny assuming you buy the materials, potting 4k acid bombs would take around 3 hours assuming you use the excess alcohol for more grenade bottles. I can green spam in low TI during good loot weeks for just as much zeny per hour and that's without factoring in time needed to vend them all off or the time needed to watch the market for more raw materials to purchase.

As for poison spores themselves, we'd probably see poison spores peak at maybe 3.5k each if players have to manually farm them.  That seems to be around the average price for player farmed items.

#18 foreverzen

foreverzen

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Assuming the current reserves for poison spores run out and the GM's constantly nuke the p spore map, i'd estimate grenade bottles would shoot up to around 80k per over the course of a week, and would gradually increase.  Players would resort to utilizing the change material for genes to make alcohol for acid bombs, but without spiritual potion creation 3 mass production of bombs would be extremely tedious. Keep in mind that time is money as well, if a player has to spend 5 hours spamming f1 to make grenade bottles 1 at a time then they'd definitely expect at least a 100 to 200% profit return.  Even then, grenade bottle producers would become scarcer due to no one wants to spend the tedium that is making acid bombs for the measly profit margins we already make off them vs time spent.  For reference, selling a batch of 4000 acid bombs only nets you a net profit return of like 50 to 60 million zeny assuming you buy the materials, potting 4k acid bombs would take around 3 hours assuming you use the excess alcohol for more grenade bottles. I can green spam in low TI during good loot weeks for just as much zeny per hour and that's without factoring in time needed to vend them all off or the time needed to watch the market for more raw materials to purchase.

As for poison spores themselves, we'd probably see poison spores peak at maybe 3.5k each if players have to manually farm them.  That seems to be around the average price for player farmed items.

I thought the airstrike began 1 month ago. Yet I don't find any difference to the price of Grenade and Acid bottle. They were around 42k/set, now they are same.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

after the gm nuked the poison spore map 3 weeks ago, poison spore prices shot up by 250% and it still slowly recovering.  Like what necro said earlier, 50 acid bombs would cost 200 kp because no one wants to farm poison spores.

I have been trying to get them to fix the bomb portion of that they broke (kRO), also trying to get approval from kRO of an item token similar to how quivers work, like an alchy token...500 spores/stems for one token thats a useable item.

#20 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

around 200 kp

I had this exact thought.

Necrohealiac is my spirit animal, confirmed

#21 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

well isn't it like each server has knockoff versions on other servers :3

#22 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

I thought the airstrike began 1 month ago. Yet I don't find any difference to the price of Grenade and Acid bottle. They were around 42k/set, now they are same.

cost to manufacture went up by about 6k.  Currently they are still within an acceptable profit margin to manufacture with current raw material prices without really needing to increase product price.  This will change soon once more brewers start running low on their supply stash.

I have been trying to get them to fix the bomb portion of that they broke (kRO), also trying to get approval from kRO of an item token similar to how quivers work, like an alchy token...500 spores/stems for one token thats a useable item.

while we're at it can we get rid of the stupid taekwon kid requirement as well?  That is by far one of the most absurd requirements for any skill imo.  We're already dual/triple clienting when we brew, why must one of us be forced to open up another client for an absolutely useless extra party member just to use a skill?

Edited by schia, 27 February 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#23 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

To be honest, they should allow the Ragnastats team to develop a bot to fight the RMT Bots that spam us all.

Bots that whisper players repeatedly with a "repetitive saying" would easily be caught by this bot... All it would have to do is walk around problematic areas like Prontera, once it is whispered with a saying x amount of times it bans them.  Simple fix, players don't run around whispering each other the same thing over 3 times.

The RMT Worker bots will always be around, WP can't do much about this without approval I believe, and even then a anti-bot check is still intrusive and can be worked around as well...

GMs hit the RMT traders where it hurts and that is their reserves. 

They will do mass cleanups usually on areas that need attention (Airstrike Thread).

#24 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

while we're at it can we get rid of the stupid taekwon kid requirement as well?  That is by far one of the most absurd requirements for any skill imo.  We're already dual/triple clienting when we brew, why must one of us be forced to open up another client for an absolutely useless extra party member just to use a skill?

Perhaps the point is for us to not quadruple client and instead get some friends and/or guildies to help each other out?

#25 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

To be honest, they should allow the Ragnastats team to develop a bot to fight the RMT Bots that spam us all.

Bots that whisper players repeatedly with a "repetitive saying" would easily be caught by this bot... All it would have to do is walk around problematic areas like Prontera, once it is whispered with a saying x amount of times it bans them.  Simple fix, players don't run around whispering each other the same thing over 3 times.

The RMT Worker bots will always be around, WP can't do much about this without approval I believe, and even then a anti-bot check is still intrusive and can be worked around as well...

GMs hit the RMT traders where it hurts and that is their reserves. 

They will do mass cleanups usually on areas that need attention (Airstrike Thread).

ragnastats already has a bot team that does this, but recently section 9 informed me that it was interfering with things on their end to remove the spammers so was asked to stop.

They have measures in place to ban the spammers, but it doesn't seem like the spammers are banned automatically so the spammers may stick around for a while when no one is there to manually drop the ban hammer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users