The Bot Air Strike Sticky - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

The Bot Air Strike Sticky

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 3305141201055603410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

Look, I agree that the GMs should make it a weekly routine to visit these maps. Hell, entire zones. At least once a week, visit strawberry fields, payon caves, all of juno, veins, byalan, geffen fields, and nuke the hell out of them.

But this airstrike thread is a good thing. The GMs actively took on suggestions such as reporting the number of bots hit, praising individuals who reported lots of bots, etc.

They just need to keep it going.

Look at the population on log in. It went from over 3k to 2.7k. So at least 300 bots were banned or scared into hibernation.

#27 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

fight bots with bots? I like it

#28 ThePep

ThePep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:23 AM

Hunting for creamy card used to mean something. A blissful joy of getting just one for a week worth of grinding. Now the market is -_- coz if inflation of over production. And I left for 8 years. Coming back to see how this beautiful game have yet to crawl up to its formal glory

#29 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

You need evidence log before you can ban someone. If it were just the GMs/CMs doing all the work, that would be recording EACH bot and taking screenshots of them.

If you were a policeman, you don't just catch someone just because you know they're doing illegal stuff, right? Unless you see them in action or admitting that they are doing such deeds, then you really can't do anything. That's why they need to build a case first before they're able to prosecute someone. If it wasn't being done that way, then criminals can appeal to be freed because there wasn't enough evidence to begin with.

Basically, our part in this would be recording replays and taking screenshots, as well as pointing out the most bot-infested maps (because we know better don't we). Their part is to do further investigation based on our investigation, such as searching through trade & activity logs and bot-testing. Durr.

Edited by Exuro, 09 March 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#30 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

35iykj9.jpg  This is what its like when GM vs Bots :happy:

:surrender:

#31 cheapmonks

cheapmonks

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSt. Lamia, inside the Cave of Malice
  • Server:Chaos for now..

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

can i report a bot here?

#32 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:12 AM

can i report a bot here?

Here.

#33 Elixziyiel

Elixziyiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

Dang... Reading all of these makes me wonder how Thor will be like.  :p_sick:

It reminded me of a certain guild (I forgot the name) in pRO than volunteered for bot hunting and filing evidence. One of their sole purpose was to help the anti bot team in LU to hunt and track down bots. And dang, they did well with all evidences and accurate time and screenshots. They made the server almost clean of it that the botters had to hide and hibernate. Then suddenly the guild just went inactive and vanished.... :o

We asked why, though most people say it's LUs fault. Oh well.  :(

#34 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

It reminded me of a certain guild (I forgot the name) in pRO than volunteered for bot hunting and filing evidence. One of their sole purpose was to help the anti bot team in LU to hunt and track down bots. And dang, they did well with all evidences and accurate time and screenshots. They made the server almost clean of it that the botters had to hide and hibernate. 

I like this idea a lot. XD it has to be purely volunteerism tho

#35 Clockstrike

Clockstrike

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Maybe they plan on doing it 24/7 now that they allowed pRO to migrate to iRO, they are hoping pRO players would do the farming with normal ctr+click and pick up loots method.

Or the other way around make botting totally legal and everyone can bot farm their own grenade materials.

The down fall of iRO is near.

I blame lazy dont give a -_- asses and bots if it does happen.

#36 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

The Air Strike is only a smoke screen to make what it seems like they do care, but we all know the answer. All they care is about sucking your wallet.

Take a long look back to the past, bots have existed then, and they still have today. They have no absolute solution to the botting.

Wonder why people bot? Because of the insane obsurd low drop rates. Look at the drop rate materials for making foods its either 0.5% or 1% on a map where the spawn is really low. Who seriously want to farm that?

Also, its pretty repulsive on how people keep complaining about bots and reporting them, but theres a very high chance that you also benefit from bots unwittingly.

If you bought anything in Prontera from gears to materials chances are its botted. Its so hypocritical, especially those that have a huge amount of zeny or the very rich guys that keeps opening buy shops to buy materials for condensed potions and food materials or other stuff.

A very good example is the Dead Branches and Strawberry buy shops or those that are buying 8000 Maneaters, you seriously think anybody is going to farm that much?

No body is going to farm 1000 Petite tails just for foods. 

Most people that complain or have a problem with bots is also benefiting from them. I don't believe for a second that huge guilds manually farm every material for every WOE.

Technically no one is even legit in IRO. The people that benefits from bot shops and bot materials what do the GMS do? NOTHING.

They aren't so innocent in fact they should be banned for associating with botted items.

IRO is going to die sooner or later with the poor customer support poor in game support their payment page don't even work now.

The Air Strike movement is redundant if you think about it, if you piss enough botters they'll just keep making 100x more until the server is overloaded, since its all automatic they don't even care.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

I thought you were banned.

#38 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

lol wat

#39 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

I myself am curious about this. Answer please. :heh:

Darn it, why don't we just leave that sticky thread alone. It's there because it has a purpose. It's eyewakening (the word is not in any dictionary yet, I coined it myself) people that it is not justifiable to run a mob of bot, may it be a new breed of player or a veteran for fun's sake. If you don't like the idea of having a thread like that just ignore it.

Just do it.

#40 galunggong

galunggong

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

Server: Thor

Bots spotted at clock tower 1f all rogue everytime i pass there they are farming :D

#41 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:08 AM

Server: Thor

Bots spotted at clock tower 1f all rogue everytime i pass there they are farming :D

Wrong thread

http://forums.warppo...ates-requested/

#42 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Server: Classic

Orc dung

#43 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

Funny fact: GM ban accounts that get involved on duped item/zeny trades without previous notice. Altough they need to check if a bot-like player is actually a bot funny isn't ? XD

#44 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

it's to minimize the work they need to do with item reversals. otherwise your ticket times would be even longer.

#45 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

I personally like the thread.
It give active players the opportunity to lay claim to a map.

Take manblatt's for example, i was training here and noticed a ranger bot, now reporting this on the ban thread.
Not only do i ban a botter, but i corner the market, i increased the price and best of all bot's don't just reappear due the quest/level requirements. 

#46 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:slightly Ok THOR

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:44 AM

I also like the thread and they work like "a thief in the night"

I myself am curious about this. Answer please. :heh:

Darn it, why don't we just leave that sticky thread alone. It's there because it has a purpose. It's eyewakening (the word is not in any dictionary yet, I coined it myself) people that it is not justifiable to run a mob of bot, may it be a new breed of player or a veteran for fun's sake. If you don't like the idea of having a thread like that just ignore it.

Just do it.

I'll help you with the eye opener

#47 Ironhardt

Ironhardt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

gawd can someone link OP of tiki tuesday bot hunting, this thread gives me the *bbluueeaaarrgghhchhh*

#48 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

Well.. the bomb thread is precious to botters, they simply need to check wich maps their high level bots ( not the horde of rogues that are easily to start again ) are being reported and just change map or dissapear for some time, just to restart their activity few days later

meh....

#49 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

I think you give them too much credit seeing as how many people still get their asses banned on the stream every week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users