flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

Since the other thread is locked and the duped cards are still in game, and the patch they were supposed to have been removed in failed, can we get an ETA on when these cards will finally be removed?

#2 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

and innocent players still banned (permanently?) while exploiters and dupers still playing and selling +9 cards on black market

love WP logic <3

#3 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

Doubt they're planning to track down all the cards.  Too much work for them. 

#4 maatikas

maatikas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:28 AM

They forgeted checked SEA accounts bugged cards transfered from SEA. Explained this SEA merged SEA players sin and priest 55k HP public chat talking how happened imposible HP realized +9cards made sold months after SEA merged. Its one or both.
1) All SEA cards +9, +8, etc transfered when merged some their accounts full bags of runes bugged cards
2) and they made bugged cards here NA after merged.

Warpportal didn't checked number 1) SEA accounts didnt reproduced bugged cards they already haved them from SEA transfered here. Explained why? SEA got bugged seeds, bugged cards, bugged DNA stacks vador, willow worker, and many more.

Edited by maatikas, 02 March 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#5 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:54 PM

I also would love if they restore my LEGIT +3 cards >.>

#6 maatikas

maatikas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

They forgeted checked SEA accounts bugged cards transfered from SEA. Explained this SEA merged SEA players sin and priest 55k HP public chat talking how happened imposible HP realized +9cards made sold months after SEA merged. Its one or both.
1) All SEA cards +9, +8, etc transfered when merged some their accounts full bags of runes bugged cards
2) and they made bugged cards here NA after merged.

Warpportal didn't checked number 1) SEA accounts didnt reproduced bugged cards they already haved them from SEA transfered here. Explained why? SEA got bugged seeds, bugged cards, bugged DNA stacks vador, willow worker, and many more.

#7 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

We are reviewing the report that more duped cards are in game.

We confirmed the fix for the dupe back in late January, and grabbed all the unique cards associated with the dupe. A couple weeks after that, during a maintenance, we removed the cards that were left.

If there are any that slipped by, we'll detect it, but we haven't seen it. Having said that, we are reviewing it again.

For clarity, the card dupe wasn't an actual exploit to dupe a card, nor was it a refinement exploit. You had to have a card at a particular refinement grade first in order to dupe it.

Players would play the chance game, get a card to a certain +2 or +3 level, then dupe that card so they'd have a safety net if their refinement failed. Eventually, by using these safety nets, they'd get up to +9, and could just dupe that card over and over.

We will be searching for any cards used in this method that did not pop up in the first batch. We've gotten rid of thousands already.

#8 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

g8gPXWB.png

Refining a card from +4 to +10 has a 3% lowering to 1% 
If you fail even once it goes back to 0

You're saying that a individual +10 cards numerous times, and then circulated them into the market? 

He must pray to RNGeus alot. 

Lets track these "lucky" players down, and ask them to buy the powerball so we can all get some money on this get rich quick scheme.

Bribery.jpg

#9 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

g8gPXWB.png

Refining a card from +4 to +10 has a 3% lowering to 1%
If you fail even once it goes back to 0

You're saying that a individual +10 cards numerous times, and then circulated them into the market?
He must pray to RNGeus alot.

Lets track these "lucky" players down, and ask them to buy the powerball so we can all get some money on this get rich quick scheme.

Bribery.jpg

You completely misunderstand what nioror says.I'll try to explain with an example:
I want a +10 card so i buy 100 +1 and start to try to refine at +2 when i get that card i use the bug to make all the cards +2 and so on +3 +4 up to +10 when i get the first +10 the games are done i can dupe all the +10 i want. This process simply null the fail = back to +1

#10 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

We confirmed the fix for the dupe back in late January, and grabbed all the unique cards associated with the dupe. A couple weeks after that, during a maintenance, we removed the cards that were left.

If there are any that slipped by, we'll detect it, but we haven't seen it. Having said that, we are reviewing it again.

For clarity, the card dupe wasn't an actual exploit to dupe a card, nor was it a refinement exploit. You had to have a card at a particular refinement grade first in order to dupe it.

Players would play the chance game, get a card to a certain +2 or +3 level, then dupe that card so they'd have a safety net if their refinement failed. Eventually, by using these safety nets, they'd get up to +9, and could just dupe that card over and over.

We will be searching for any cards used in this method that did not pop up in the first batch. We've gotten rid of thousands already.

@Shin, I read it correctly. You misread it. 

He first states that there was no actual exploit to dupe a card.  Then he proceeds to say that there isn't a refinement exploit. 

"Players would play the chance game, get a card to a certain +2 or +3 level, then dupe that card."  Pffft, whats with the double negatives.  I thought there wasn't any duping of any cards involved?

Wasn't there a recent mass banning for this?  Let me refresh everyone's memory. 

Why were some innocent players caught in the crossfire of this mass banning?  [Some innocent players quit the game because of this]

Was it because they were arbitrarily tracking the wrong cards in the system logs?  [Any GMs want to clarify this?]

Will they admit that this was a mistake and a blunder on their part?

b5UT0ZC.png

I thought all of this was resolved in January? 

Why are we still talking about it in March?

Oh, because these still exist.

2ii4INX.png

wmiJtuS.gif

Mistakes affect a company negatively. 

eRSuSIO.png

Before anyone gives me their rebuttal that stocks fluctuate on a daily basis, let me leave you with this graph of data from May 2013 to present.

HvXTtKl.png

Edited by Erfans, 07 March 2015 - 08:37 AM.

#11 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

This is funny the big loss is exactly after aov update then an increase after the fix of hit problem and after a slow decrease...

#12 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

INB4 GRAVITY SELLING TOP ITEMS ON MARKET L0L

They banned over 1000 accounts for 7days without removing any of the +9 cards ...

#13 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

One step closer to the dream. :0 :0 :0

#14 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

@Shin, I read it correctly. You misread it. 

He first states that there was no actual exploit to dupe a card.  Then he proceeds to say that there isn't a refinement exploit. 

"Players would play the chance game, get a card to a certain +2 or +3 level, then dupe that card."  Pffft, whats with the double negatives.  I thought there wasn't any duping of any cards involved?

Wasn't there a recent mass banning for this?  Let me refresh everyone's memory. 

Why were some innocent players caught in the crossfire of this mass banning?  [Some innocent players quit the game because of this]

Was it because they were arbitrarily tracking the wrong cards in the system logs?  [Any GMs want to clarify this?]

Will they admit that this was a mistake and a blunder on their part?

I thought all of this was resolved in January? 

Why are we still talking about it in March?

Oh, because these still exist.

Stock values aside. Njoror misworded the post but what Shin understood is exactly what Njoror meant to say. Let me explain it more easily:

NO, there wasn't a magical exploit to create new cards out of a single one. (This is what he meant when he said "it wasn't duping a card")

NO, there wasn't a magical exploit to create +9 cards out of nothingness or make a common card go straight to +9 through refine (This is what he means with "it wasn't a exploit of the system")

The exploit was "copying" the highest refine value of a card, on other already existing cards. So if you had a normal card and a +1 card, you could make both +1

What we consider that "probably" happened is exactly as Shin described: Someone gets a couple cards and refines to +1, then uses the exploit to "transform" them all into +1, then refines again to get a +2, and uses the exploit in the others. If it failed with one, the exploit would allow to revert that card back to the highest refine you had.

This is what Njoror means with "they used them as a safety net". Because then the loses would be minimal, and once you had a single +9, you could buy normal cards and just "copy" the refine to the others.

Hope it is clear now, as he stated, they are checking for the existence of those cards to get rid of them.

#15 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

We told you of this the day of the "removal"  the "duped" +9 cards are still in game.  Only a single card on each player who had them was reverted.  So players who had a total of five +9 cards, after the "removal" have four +9 cards now.

The simple and easiest solution which has been said repeatedly now, remove ALL cards +4 and higher, that is being OVERLY generous with refinement rates.

If this can't be done, then everyone should be able to get these +9 cards, because right now only the honest people who didn't buy or dupe them are suffering and it's completely unfair.

This bug was reported 5 months ago by Tonitrua.  It's about time something happened.  It's beyond ridiculous now how long it takes to react to this problem.

Edited by flukeSG2, 07 March 2015 - 10:55 PM.

#16 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:59 PM

We told you of this the day of the "removal"  the "duped" +9 cards are still in game.  Only a single card on each player who had them was reverted.  So players who had a total of five +9 cards, after the "removal" have four +9 cards now.

The simple and easiest solution which has been said repeatedly now, remove ALL cards +4 and higher, that is being OVERLY generous with refinement rates.

If this can't be done, then everyone should be able to get these +9 cards, because right now only the honest people who didn't buy or dupe them are suffering and it's completely unfair.

This bug was reported 5 months ago by Tonitrua.  It's about time something happened.  It's beyond ridiculous now how long it takes to react to this problem.

I agree with the bolded statement 

The chances of getting 4 consecutive success is .00001 

1 in 100,000 try unless i messed up with my calculation 

id say its improbable to get anything beyond that 

anyway

anybody else got their legit cards changed?

i remember having +2s when i checked it again its all +1

im positive that i got +2 at least and a +3 iirc

Edited by chaseme, 08 March 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#17 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

I've been asked to review this thread, and seeing as though it has been addressed by staff (see above) I am locking it.

The offending item serial IDs (cards involved in this exploit) were targeted weeks ago and dealt with. As Njoror has stated, the exploit was resolved and staff is reviewing any further reports as they are filed. 

If you have further concerns about your cards or other accounts with possible exploited content, please contact support with specifics. https://support.warpportal.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users