Disable Arrow Storm in TI Maps, the KSing is unreal. - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disable Arrow Storm in TI Maps, the KSing is unreal.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

Problem: Rangers Arrow Storm stealing mobs everywhere in TI maps. This is especially bad in mid TIs, where they aren't even trying to be inconspicuous about it.

Primary Solution: Ban KSers.

Secondary Solution: Make more rangers to KS back if the primary solution fails which means you will also never been banned either.

Either solution, problem solved. An eye for an eye :p_idea: :p_hi:

Trust me, my friend and I already terrorize the crap out of anyone that dares to KS us, equality goes both ways and karma is real.

The thing is though, why do we have to tolerate and put up with these jerks? Saying that "jerks gonna jerk" and doing nothing is quite possibly the worst course of action. The behavior of these KSers is toxic, the act of KSing encourages (and in some cases necessitates) subsequent toxic behavior from the victims, it gives iRO a terrible image, it gives Rangers a terrible reputation, it aggrevates and wastes the time of well-behaved players, and it sets a terrible example for new players (this last point is especially important as we can expect a lot of new players from pRO soon). There is absolutely no reason why we need to tolerate the existence of these jerkasses.

As you've said and I've already said in the OP, properly banning the KSers is the ideal solution. However, all of us know that the iRO GM team is simply too slow to respond, and most of us can't be arsed to record replays of every single jerkass either since it's the GM's job to be policing this stuff. In lieu of the GMs actually dealing with this problem properly rather than dragging their feets, I proposed this band-aid solution to at least address the most obvious symptom of this problem until the crux of the problem could be addressed.

#27 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

make arrow storm a trap skill. #traptornado :p_laugh:

also, petition for swordies to have an aoe provoke to become more effective tankers, because Log Horizon happened :p_love:

#28 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

I don't think nerfing a specific class to the ground (TI-specifically, since most Rangers use AS to level in parties at those levels) is the solution. I've got a Ranger that's my main now, and although KSing happens occasionally depending on lag or what have you, I never went out of my way to KS anyone. In fact, in mid TI I feel that I was targeted for being a Ranger, in getting KSed more often when soloing there myself, as opposed to leveling with another class. It's the mindset of people who cause the issues, not really the class itself. It doesn't make sense to punish everybody using their characters as intended, when there's only a handful of KSers ruining your day...

I've been KSed more by other classes than Rangers in my time in TI's. Should we nerf all of their leveling skills as well? Gimp them all to avoid KSing?

There just needs to be a better system in reporting KSers. Maybe have some staff member(s) that focus only on KSing complaints? Where people can ping into a chat (or w/e), report that some X class is KSing up a storm on X map right now and can you please check it out? Getting the KSer's muted (can't use skills iirc) for a few hours based on the severity of their KSing, should deter most people enough to not be KSers. Again though, sometimes you accidentally KS people when winging in or walking onto the screen and not noticing someone already there, so there'd need to be a level of severity so random onesie-twosies don't get muted for a few hours by mistake. But, repeat offenders could have their mutes escalate to temporary bans if needed.

Maybe there are more Rangers KSing than usual right now in mid TI, but this is by far not a Ranger-specific problem, and treating it as such isn't going to help in the long run when X class out-KSes them in the future and everyone's back on the forums crying for the new class to be nerfed next.

*Edit* But, if you are intent on making this a screw-all Ranger's agenda, tweaking the skill itself to be more like Dragon Breath or w/e, where the skill gets better each skill level (like it does now), but also that it isn't as good at lower levels, but the damage increases with character Base levels as well. Or, maybe making white wing suits have a higher level equip rate? Like level 120 or something. So the lower-level Rangers don't have access to their pumped up AS damage until they're a bit higher, yet it isn't so messed up that no one wants to party with them in Mid-High TI, because their damage is useless? Idk, I'm off to work.

Edited by Kmac, 04 March 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#29 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

Problem: Rangers Arrow Storm stealing mobs everywhere in TI maps. This is especially bad in mid TIs, where they aren't even trying to be inconspicuous about it.

Primary Solution: Ban KSers.

Secondary Solution: Make more rangers to KS back if the primary solution fails which means you will also never been banned either.

Either solution, problem solved. An eye for an eye :p_idea: :p_hi:

I'll start making a Ranger after today's maintenance.  :gg:

I tried KSing back a Ranger in mid TI: result = he KSed the monsters I supposed to KS.  :Emo_21:

#30 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:54 AM

it's just too much of a hassle at the moment to report ksing rangers. maybe instead of constantly keeping a replay running there could be a feature that captures the last 60 seconds of gameplay and sends it to the gms?

#31 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:39 PM

Also, KSing yourself, to get back at Kser's is a slippery slope that no one should go down, lest you want to be labeled a KSer as well and possibly get yourself into more trouble than it's worth over a few mobs.

I know that, when I was leveling my ranger in the mid-TI solo, I ended up getting KSed a lot more by parties, rather than individual players. It was, at least a couple months ago, much more common to be the odd-Ranger-out and get your mob KSed by Gwinging (or just walking) parties, as opposed to another soloer KSing you. In my experience, at least. And, although it'd usually end up being another Ranger in that party (because face it, everyone loves Rangers when they are in your party helping speed up kill counts), it didn't seem as malicious in nature. More like, "Hey, we've got like 3 Rangers in our party. That one up here all mobbed up is probably ours, waiting to AS for kill counts for everyone" or something.

There will always be the lone KSer who doesn't care about stealing other people's mobs/exp, regardless of what class they are playing. Again, it's the player who decides to be a jerk and ruin things, not necessarily the class (although some classes are definitely easier to enable that mindset in people than others). 

Maybe they can work on implementing a bot or something, that you can PM a KSer's name and map and, if it meets certain requirements, it sends a PM to an active GM or something, so they can check it out? Or an NPC that you can enter the name into? I don't know, just something in-game that you don't have to use the support ticket system for, so more people will utilize it and it will be less ahh...lucrative for people to continue KSing in the future, when there is not really much of a downside.

#32 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

Maybe there are more Rangers KSing than usual right now in mid TI, but this is by far not a Ranger-specific problem, and treating it as such isn't going to help in the long run when X class out-KSes them in the future and everyone's back on the forums crying for the new class to be nerfed next.

*Edit* But, if you are intent on making this a screw-all Ranger's agenda, tweaking the skill itself to be more like Dragon Breath or w/e, where the skill gets better each skill level (like it does now), but also that it isn't as good at lower levels, but the damage increases with character Base levels as well. Or, maybe making white wing suits have a higher level equip rate? Like level 120 or something. So the lower-level Rangers don't have access to their pumped up AS damage until they're a bit higher, yet it isn't so messed up that no one wants to party with them in Mid-High TI, because their damage is useless? Idk, I'm off to work.

My agenda here is not to "screw all Rangers", it is to propose a realistic band-aid solution to the problem of rampant KSers (the majority of them being Rangers) in lieu of the GMs actually doing the job they are supposed to be doing. Disabling or nerfing AS is far from ideal, but if we can't get the proper authorities to crack down the next best thing is to remove the thing that enables the problem so that at least the symptoms are cured, if not the actual problem.

However, if you're intent on saying that this is a "screw all Rangers" agenda then I will go on record and say that I also wouldn't mind seeing Ignition Break, (Water) Dragon Breath, Psychic Wave, Diamond Dust, Comet, Arm Cannon, Severe Rainstorm, Rolling Cutter, Crimson Rock, Bowling Bash, Arrow Shower, and Cart Cannon (and whatever other high DPS AoEs) disabled along with Arrow Storm in TI maps if that is what it will take to deal with the KSers in TIs in lieu of a proper GM-team crackdown.

I reiterate once again: Something needs to be done about the KSers; the problem is rampant, the atmosphere they create is toxic, and their presence does not benefit iRO in any way. Saying that jerks will be jerks and/or that this will be a nerf to <class> and not doing anything about the problem at hand is the worst course of action.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 04 March 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#33 mookalaumbabah

mookalaumbabah

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

How about instead of that they drop AS' damage as though it were affected by WoE -25% ranged and -50% skill reductions?

Better than totally invalidating a major build.

And GX's are even lower than that since they weren't even mentioned. Damn, right in the feels (main GX player here) We're useful too!  :heh: Please, don't take this too seriously ._.

Enable WoE reduction in TI map. It's time for melee class to shine!

Edited by mookalaumbabah, 05 March 2015 - 01:46 AM.

#34 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:09 AM

mid TI situation now:
KS competition between ranger and ME AB

#35 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

Mid TI may have the most KSing but it's also the place where it least matters. Mid TI maps have tons of mobs and if you get ksed, it will be like 4 seconds until you amass the same amount. 

#36 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

If you dont have Rangers in your party(or any class using long range physical AoE's) then just get the AB's in your party to Pneuma the area.

#37 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:41 AM

If you dont have Rangers in your party(or any class using long range physical AoE's) then just get the AB's in your party to Pneuma the area.

Unless the ksers are ME ABs in which case you are completely screwed because they'll pneuma to stop your rangers and ks you with ease

#38 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

They'll report you for skill abuse.

No I'm not even kidding.

#39 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:07 AM

They'll report you for skill abuse.

No I'm not even kidding.

they can but nothing will come of it unless the GMs responding to the ticket are incompetent.

#40 Akilez

Akilez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, Mexico

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

The best solution at my opinion is BAN... Just record it instead of SShot

#41 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

Worst Best solution: Disable all AOE skills in TI maps.

TI would be taken over by  Reflecting saders/Pala/RG, MS Champ/Sura 2s6vy9w.jpg :heh:

Edited by PIayboy, 11 March 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#42 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

TI would be taken over by  Reflecting saders/Pala/RG, MS Champ/Sura 2s6vy9w.jpg :heh:

well those people aren't really ksing though, although they can get dinged for holding up mobs because they take too long to kill. that's also reportable.

#43 Snapback

Snapback

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Removing TIs is certainly an interesting suggestion, but it's not entirely relevant to the problem of Rangers KSing everything with AS because the issue at hand is player behavior, not player skill. I only brought up TI maps specifically because they are simply the most problematic areas where KSing Rangers run rampant without any consequences, Rangers and other archer-classes KSing others is also a very legitimate problem outside of TIs.

I think the debate of whether to remove TIs would be better served in its own topic and discussed on its own merits, rather than piggybacking on the Ranger KSing problem at hand.

EDIT: dem typos.

Exactly. That's the true depth of this issue.

It's player behavior not a skill issue. If the players behaved correctly and never KSed people would never complain.

#44 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:06 AM

unfortunately there isn't a "ban all @ssholes" button that GMs can trigger. if only.

#45 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:09 AM

Exactly. That's the true depth of this issue.

It's player behavior not a skill issue. If the players behaved correctly and never KSed people would never complain.

Sorry, but that's like saying if people can live harmoniously with one another, the world will be a better place. Impractical.

If kill-stealer rangers really bother people that much, perhaps what I suggested a week ago may be a possible solution: that is to increase White Wing Suit level requirement to be somewhere around 125. So they can only wear their full set at the end of the mid TI level range.

BUT if this is implemented, they had better do the same to ME ABs as well. 

#46 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

Bump because still very relevant and very aggrevating.

#47 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

I don't get it. Anybody can ks. I got ks by a warlock aoe skills who no regard of my battle with a monster. I love rangers but hate that my wanderer doesn't do enough aoe damage as my ranger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users