Need comments on this Maestro skill build - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need comments on this Maestro skill build

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

Skill Build

And I just have a rough estimate on the stat build because everywhere I go, I can't find references that are updated to the 175/60 update.

Edited by juxtapposed, 01 March 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

That build looks fine to me. Really the core skill(s) is strings, and the rest aren't always necessary and are more of a personal preference. A lot of it is based on whether you want it to be PVM, MVP, PVP, or WoE oriented (or a combination of the above).

I've heard that Mental Sensing has regained some "popularity" recently with it being used in Eclage maps or something for post-150 leveling. It might work better on smaller maps too. Also, it's very easy to flash strings just for a split second and "perma" MS so that MS is on 95% of the time. All of my maestros/bards usually opt for MS. It's still just a personal preference though so if you're already maestro and have your skills specced I wouldn't worry too much about it. You'd need a wanderer to activate it with you too and usually a non-walking situation to use it in... which is rare. They give out free resets all the time too, usually during Christmas.

Stats there isn't much to it. Main thing people are usually concerend about now is having 150 total INT for 100% cast delay reduction. If you opt for ~110 base INT and have some INT gears, AB buffs, that shouldn't be too hard.

For basic PVM / MVP, you really don't need to go beyond level 140~160 for a maestro, especially given the current available content. The only difference going higher would be a slightly higher HP pool, but 99% of the things you can't survive already, you also won't survive at a higher level / HP pool anyway. Nobody mains a maestro for PVM / MVP and is more of an alt, albeit a very important one for instances and so on.

#3 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

Nobody mains a maestro for PVM / MVP and is more of an alt, albeit a very important one for instances and so on.

But I main a Maestro :sob:

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:53 AM

From what I know, Maestro is a very important class to main for WoE.

For PVM/MVP endgame, it's a support class and definitely a very important one for many MVPs and instances. It doesn't do much other than strings however. In many situations people will dual client these and have them on follow or leave them stationary for strings. More experienced players might alt-tab to use windmill and other buffs or to flash other songs like lutie. Regardless, it's very much considered an "alt". Sooner or later, anyone who's genuinely interested in this game will make several other classes. For your case I would say to make at least one killer type of class. If anything, you can use killer classes to help you kill MVPs or clear instances for making zeny, and of course "money" is crucial to "survival" in the game.

#5 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

furfaceboy_okay.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still making money though, so you can say I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing :heh:

#6 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:58 AM

I've been maining my Maestro lately, doing MVP's and WoE when I can.

I only Alt Tab with him when I do something on my RK.

That feel when you kill an MVP on a performer.

#7 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

I've been maining my Maestro lately, doing MVP's and WoE when I can.

I only Alt Tab with him when I do something on my RK.

That feel when you kill an MVP on a performer.

woah. teach me, master. :heh:

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

You can definitely kill lower tier MVPs with a performer; actually any class can kill low tier MVPs, even ABs.

Don't get your hopes up though and treat it more as a for-fun thing. You can have decent DPS with SR + double strafe during the animation, and maybe mix in other skills during the skill cooldown. Note that you can't have a shield with SR of course, so that's why you're kind of restricted to lower-tier MVPs. There are plenty of MVPs you can survive without a shield provided you have the right elemental armor, and a decent garment. Most MVPs are tank-able with elemental armor + DR combo since they only use one elemental skill.

You could also use metallic sound with a shield, or arrow vulcan. The DPS for both is pretty pitiful though, but you'd have better survivability, which might be useful for MVPs that don't recover HP very fast.

Lower tier MVPs also don't really pay much in terms of their drops, unless you are lucky enough to get an MVP card.

#9 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

Yeah that's what I thought so, too. Because in ET, I get killed by high tier MVP's even when I'm just supporting. :hehe:

As always, thank you for your in-depth comments. :D

#10 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

If you can spam reverb level 5, then you should have good single target damage with soul link and self strings.  The trick would be to isolate the mvp somehow...maybe use frost joke, sirens voice, or deep sleep to status the mob?   

#11 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

So reverb still has a decent damage at level 5?

I'm only planning to get level 1 in order to get Metallic Sound.

#12 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

If you string yourself and have the thanatos guitar, then its the best single target dps you can do. Only problem is it sucks on mobs because the dmg is evenly split.

Actually...there might even be room to argue that metallic sound is better than SR. Not sure what the dmg is on MS, but you can get about 2 off per SR.

#13 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

Well, I use SR when doing counts. SR has a lot of drawbacks (position bug, arrows drop slowly, and it requires a bow) so it's not ideal for killing MVPs and/or players.

When this weapon comes, I would be soooooooo happy.

mNWtPGN.png

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

I've never heard of that weapon. Which update is it tied to?

#15 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

I've never heard of that weapon. Which update is it tied to?

Episode 14.3 Decisive Battle – Part 2

Source: http://ro.vrc7.net/?page_id=703

EDIT: Are we still in the Eclage episode?

Edited by juxtapposed, 20 March 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

jitterbug nightmare update, an update to salute performers, and that piano mvp.

#17 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

That really sucks. What are the low mvp tiers that mstero and wanderers can kill?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users