Question on the hybrid ranger build skill choice - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question on the hybrid ranger build skill choice

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Garm1

Garm1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:19 AM

Is there a preferred selection of skills and points to invest or is it just grab the obvious stuff like falcon eyes, wind walker etc. I'm still sniper right now so its why I'm asking.

Edited by Garm1, 02 March 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

what hybrid?
AS - trap
AS - autowarg
AS - manual warg
trap - autowarg
trap - manual warg

#3 Garm1

Garm1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

what hybrid?
AS - trap
AS - autowarg
AS - manual warg
trap - autowarg
trap - manual warg

AS - autowarg

#4 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Obvious stuff, get falcon eyes and the basic passive boosts. Other than double strafe, improved concentration, wind walker, and falcon eyes you won't be using any of the basic skills after you get AS. Stuff like focused arrow strike, arrow shower, and whatever else become a waste of arrows and SP when a single AS will wipe out everything. First, stack burst damage to level quickly and then after level 120 or so start increasing AGI and LUK higher and higher so that you can get faster ASPD and proc rate to auto-warg effectively.

As for skills, seriously, just passive stuff. For archer I'd say DS 10, the two 'eye' skills at 10, improved concentration to 10, and arrow shower to 9 cuz you have the points. As a sniper, get wind walker, falcon eyes, beast bane, and whatever other pre-reqs you want. Stuff like blitz beat, falcon strike, and focued arrow strike just straight up don't matter once you hit ranger. Get some trap pre-reqs if you want to mess with traps as a ranger, you'll have the points to spare. Make sure to get Ankle Snare level 5, and level 1 in both Claymore Trap and Remove Trap so you can take 'trap research' for that sweet 200+ sp bonus (seriously, what the hell Gravity.) 

Mind you, this is all for when you become a ranger. You have free skill reset so long as your base level is 99 or lower [prontera and izlude], so just take whatever skills you like. As a sniper, I used arrow shower and focused arrow strike for leveling. I'd mob up and kill them with 2 uses of arrow shower and in some cases when I wasn't feeling lazy I'd use focused arrow strike (tbh, its kinda pointless now that arrow shower does more damage than pre-re.) 

One thing of note: You're going to need at least 11 skill points (AS level 6) see the true effect of AS, so you'll want to stack eden 2nd board quests, TI xp, and bounty board XP early on. I'd say that you should stay level 99 for a day or two to run those until you max out Arrow Storm at level 10, then level normally. Your first job level as a third class is painfully easy to get, so don't waste quest/TI xp on it, just kill monsters till you get to job level 2, and then turn in the bounty boards or eden quest boards, and then at the end do the proper TI reward. This game wastes xp when you get more than a single level's worth, so don't do that with what might potentially be 2-3 levels. 

At level 6 it's very effective but still has less damage and AOE than level 10, which IMO, is mandatory. If you don't have an elven bow or orc archer bow, then use the hunter bow + hunting arrow combo for extra damage. That alone should let you solo damn near everything until you get to level 110+ at which point you should have a mora set which will then make the entire game your grinding grounds. 

Edited by mikayel, 02 March 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

listen to what mikayel said

#6 OreoBoolat

OreoBoolat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:59 AM

how about hybrid - AS / trap?

though I think this build ain't worth it? I don't know that much though...

I really wanna play trap, but I also all-around leveling trick comes through AS.

does stats requirement are still the same as usual AS build? and what're the skills worth to get? I should play the simulator once I get the idea.

#7 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

http://forums.warppo...yuki/?p=2064396

Oh and max freezing trap. 

Edited by Rumm, 03 March 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#8 OreoBoolat

OreoBoolat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

http://forums.warppo...yuki/?p=2064396

Oh and max freezing trap. 

okay Rumm, thanks for the explanation.

what's the skill for AS/trap as sniper should get in its skill tree and what should be prioritize most?

and as a Ranger, would it be wise to spend more than 1 attribute trap or just focus on the Earth-attribute trap since we know the fire trap could be spam meanwhile the ice one, well, not spammable but good for few stuff(don't really have info on this).

otherwise, I'll be playing with the simulator now^^

#9 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

traps are kinda essential as AS ranger imo, the stats overlap and there's no shortage of skill points

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Blitz Beat and some falcon usage is still useful as ranger since they work with walls and warg doesn't. I believe it might be better now too with the flute so you can summon one or the other whenever.

#11 keixi

keixi

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

Obvious stuff, get falcon eyes and the basic passive boosts. Other than double strafe, improved concentration, wind walker, and falcon eyes you won't be using any of the basic skills after you get AS. Stuff like focused arrow strike, arrow shower, and whatever else become a waste of arrows and SP when a single AS will wipe out everything. First, stack burst damage to level quickly and then after level 120 or so start increasing AGI and LUK higher and higher so that you can get faster ASPD and proc rate to auto-warg effectively.

As for skills, seriously, just passive stuff. For archer I'd say DS 10, the two 'eye' skills at 10, improved concentration to 10, and arrow shower to 9 cuz you have the points. As a sniper, get wind walker, falcon eyes, beast bane, and whatever other pre-reqs you want. Stuff like blitz beat, falcon strike, and focued arrow strike just straight up don't matter once you hit ranger. Get some trap pre-reqs if you want to mess with traps as a ranger, you'll have the points to spare. Make sure to get Ankle Snare level 5, and level 1 in both Claymore Trap and Remove Trap so you can take 'trap research' for that sweet 200+ sp bonus (seriously, what the hell Gravity.) 

Mind you, this is all for when you become a ranger. You have free skill reset so long as your base level is 99 or lower [prontera and izlude], so just take whatever skills you like. As a sniper, I used arrow shower and focused arrow strike for leveling. I'd mob up and kill them with 2 uses of arrow shower and in some cases when I wasn't feeling lazy I'd use focused arrow strike (tbh, its kinda pointless now that arrow shower does more damage than pre-re.) 

One thing of note: You're going to need at least 11 skill points (AS level 6) see the true effect of AS, so you'll want to stack eden 2nd board quests, TI xp, and bounty board XP early on. I'd say that you should stay level 99 for a day or two to run those until you max out Arrow Storm at level 10, then level normally. Your first job level as a third class is painfully easy to get, so don't waste quest/TI xp on it, just kill monsters till you get to job level 2, and then turn in the bounty boards or eden quest boards, and then at the end do the proper TI reward. This game wastes xp when you get more than a single level's worth, so don't do that with what might potentially be 2-3 levels. 

At level 6 it's very effective but still has less damage and AOE than level 10, which IMO, is mandatory. If you don't have an elven bow or orc archer bow, then use the hunter bow + hunting arrow combo for extra damage. That alone should let you solo damn near everything until you get to level 110+ at which point you should have a mora set which will then make the entire game your grinding grounds. 

in pvp what is the best build??.or if i pick AS-Autowarg can i win in pvp??

#12 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:35 PM

in pvp what is the best build??.or if i pick AS-Autowarg can i win in pvp??

Lol PvP? With ranger? Hah!

In all seriousness though, for pvp you would use the same skill build you use for pvm(since I don't know anyone who doesn't use their ranger for pvp only) none of the skills are Pvp specific besides electric trap and keen nose so those might be worth getting. The rest is gear and player skill(hide clip,trapping,arrow shower, camo, arrow storm, cast interrupt, etc)

Edited by Kupo54, 03 December 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#13 FenrirV01

FenrirV01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

according to this you can invest some skills points on trap research. my question is that what precisely are the skills he/she learned? i'm on to the way of a hybrid AS/AutoWarg ranger

#14 Kupo54

Kupo54

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:04 AM

according to this you can invest some skills points on trap research. my question is that what precisely are the skills he/she learned? i'm on to the way of a hybrid AS/AutoWarg ranger

hmm if you are wondering about what skills for a AS/Autowarg Ranger i recommend:

10 Arrow Storm (Jlvl16)

1 Trap Research (Jlvl17) could get this once you have ASlvl6 for the SP Boost

Camoflage (JLvl23)

No Limits(JLvl33)

Then all your warg skills come last

Warg Ride>Warg Strike>Warg Tooth>Other ones if you want them

(Keen Nose+Warg Bite Combo is nice but you could invest the skill points in other skills like Electric Shock Personally i chose Keen Nose+Warg Bite)

I have to get warg ride on my newer rangers before i get camoflage because i cannot stand walking slow

#15 FenrirV01

FenrirV01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

hmm if you are wondering about what skills for a AS/Autowarg Ranger i recommend:

10 Arrow Storm (Jlvl16)

1 Trap Research (Jlvl17) could get this once you have ASlvl6 for the SP Boost

Camoflage (JLvl23)

No Limits(JLvl33)

Then all your warg skills come last

Warg Ride>Warg Strike>Warg Tooth>Other ones if you want them

(Keen Nose+Warg Bite Combo is nice but you could invest the skill points in other skills like Electric Shock Personally i chose Keen Nose+Warg Bite)

I have to get warg ride on my newer rangers before i get camoflage because i cannot stand walking slow

thanks for the info. My other question is, is Camouflage really worth maxing? i mean when in your No Limits state, you already receive additional damage due to the reduction of Def and Mdef. To be honest i don't use Camou hahaha(sorry God of Rangers). When you combo No Limits with Camou, would the output become negative(-) for your def??

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

thanks for the info. My other question is, is Camouflage really worth maxing? i mean when in your No Limits state, you already receive additional damage due to the reduction of Def and Mdef. To be honest i don't use Camou hahaha(sorry God of Rangers). When you combo No Limits with Camou, would the output become negative(-) for your def??

Max camo is a must for Rangers imo, no matter the build. It allows you to have more damage for AS, bypass many obstacles during instances etc. It's a time saver and sometimes a life saver.

No Limits sets your DEF and MDEF to 1 no matter what, it won't go above or under.

#17 FenrirV01

FenrirV01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

Max camo is a must for Rangers imo, no matter the build. It allows you to have more damage for AS, bypass many obstacles during instances etc. It's a time saver and sometimes a life saver.

No Limits sets your DEF and MDEF to 1 no matter what, it won't go above or under.

ooohh i see, i thought it would go negative when i use both at the same time haha :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  thanks a lot mate, gonna use camou now

#18 ajak00

ajak00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

why haa my aspd already 193 after full buff..but still not fast attack..im confuse right now..my agi 116+25..want fast attack need agi 120++??

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

193 is the fastest you can get.

#20 ajak00

ajak00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:02 AM

seriously bro..so how can change animation to see fast..cant change ya bro..i mean in setup pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users