Double Attack Katar (Datar) for leveling - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Double Attack Katar (Datar) for leveling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dunworrybro

dunworrybro

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Is this gear build still optimal for leveling? 

If so, am I just better off trying to get a Katar with hunter fly cards to mob with RC? And does this build require no crit whatsoever, so morrigane set is completely useless? Any other gear recommends? Does double attack katar suck?

Thanks in advance.

Currently, 96/50 assassin, soon to transcend.

#2 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

double attack katar is fine until you get to gx, at which point you ditch your morrigane set and crit and mob with rolling cutter.

#3 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

As a sin-X i'd suggest you use Meteor Assault to level by mobbing; you'd use swords + knives to maximize damage instead of katar At skill level 10 you can one-shot most monsters that have 4k or less HP, and after that you'll 2-shot them. Get a phen or orlean's gown tho as it can be interrupted. Also, Sidewinders are amazing XP once you're level 55 right now (like thousands of XP if your VIP, and still thousands of XP even if you are not). Killing one mob of sidewinders at level 55 was a level up, and by mob, I mean like 7 of them. I am not joking. They are fuggin amazing and their bounty board is twice as good as any other bounty board in that range.

As a GX, forget single-target killing unless that single-target is an MVP or some weird 500k hp type of event/instance monster. 

Basically, single target killing is the worst thing ever. You can still use your morrigane's set for it's rather large PD bonus (20+) that with 2 fortune swords effectively grants you enough PD to be tank/pull in TIs. IMO it'd be better to have a choco + yoyo set going, but eh the trade-off is really just the helmet, otherwise the PD bonus is almost the same. 

As for a weapon, IMO, go either Blood Tears or Krishna+handcuffs with 2 hunter fly cards. My own preference is the blood tears. 

I have a hybrid durga and it's damage just isn't... very good. Despite it having 190 atk, the issue is that the reason double attack works well with daggers is from the large mod/effect bonus your left hand gives. An icepick is just too damn good no matter what, so even with a mediocre dagger in right hand you still do tons of damage. When it comes to actually single-target killing I'd still rather use daggers or just go with crits with specific katars (inverse scale, infiltrator, etc.). 

Edited by mikayel, 02 March 2015 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users