pay_fild08 tired of seeing this map getting DB - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

pay_fild08 tired of seeing this map getting DB

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:06 AM

That is simply hilarious.

#27 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:21 AM

DB's are just apart of the game. Some people are so bored and rich they just wanna watch a crowded map of low-level characters burn. I've even popped a few hundred on top of people for the luls (south prontera field when there were no cool downs).

Worst case scenario, hop on a higher level character to clear the hard monsters, or run to town and ask for help. Surely one person would be not-lazy enough to go and help kill the monsters.

Edited by idonothaveanname, 03 March 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#28 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

It might be a good idea to always carry fly wing. After all, fly wing is designed to overcome such situation, isn't it?

Also, try finding another map to level. I believe you won't level at pay_fild08 for like 8 hours, will you? To me it really doesn't matter to see DB monster at there, because sometimes I could have a good time pull monsters to kill bots. I know it is not gonna help ban them, but, well, it was fun.

#29 EinKreuz

EinKreuz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

IMO deadbranching to stop bots is kind of self defeating (largely from pRO experience) most of those branches came from bots anyway.

#30 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

IMO deadbranching to stop bots is kind of self defeating (largely from pRO experience) most of those branches came from bots anyway.

It could be true in pRO. :D

#31 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

Bots: Hey let's sell DBs that we farmed and play with manual players making them think that they're eliminating us when we're just actually making cash out of the idea woot

#32 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

Bot more ! I need stems,p.pores and strawberry.Pro bot team can earn 100m/pre hr i am not kidding .

#33 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

^ Not surprising since farming continues while owner is just sleeping soundly

#34 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

It might be a good idea to always carry fly wing. After all, fly wing is designed to overcome such situation, isn't it?

Also, try finding another map to level. I believe you won't level at pay_fild08 for like 8 hours, will you? To me it really doesn't matter to see DB monster at there, because sometimes I could have a good time pull monsters to kill bots. I know it is not gonna help ban them, but, well, it was fun.

Actually, it's not always about leveling. When me and my wife first started, she'd go to that field and spend several hours hunting strawberries. Before we started buying the VIP+KP deal, it was her way of making zeny. She'd get so frustrated when she would go to that map and get killed by DBd monsters. Yeah, she could have taken fly wings, but some times, you run into those monsters and can't react in time. Likewise, some bio mobs use hiding. Kinda hard to wing away from a monster that one-hits you when you can't see them.

And yes, there's also the Payon forest 2, but some times that map gets hit with DBs. So what then? Ask for help? Why the hell should someone need to ask for help for this? Nah, I just reported them. I got a few screenshots and replays of people in the act. I hope they all got banned.

#35 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

People bot at pay_fild08 >>> players use DB >>> players get killed >>> players report >>> players get temporary ban

As long as people continue bot, this circle will not end.  :p_swt:

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:08 AM

It was much nicer when it was the Willow map and there were only a handful of Spores on there.

#37 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Nah, I just reported them. I got a few screenshots and replays of people in the act. I hope they all got banned.

If they ban all the bots ,noone will db there.

#38 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

nope, that just means that they no longer have bots as an excuse. people will still db because this is the internet.

#39 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

If they ban all the bots ,noone will db there.

Ha ha, you wish.

#40 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

Players:  :sob:   :ani_bzz:

Complete Newbie Players: "I think this game isn't for me. I'll just find another online game to play."  :sob:

Bots:  :ho: *die  :questionmark:  *respawn  :ho:

As if the bots are affected by spamming DBs, amulets, or whatsoever. Killing the bots won't do anything, Killing the botters themselves will.  :gg:

#41 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

nope, that just means that they no longer have bots as an excuse. people will still db because this is the internet.

To be honest, I think people will not. Because the very reason to DB there is lost. It makes utterly pointless to DB there just to kill players, but to DB and kill the mobs for fun.

#42 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

To be honest, I think people will not. Because the very reason to DB there is lost. It makes utterly pointless to DB there just to kill players, but to DB and kill the mobs for fun.

the person who was responsible for this particular incident disproves this very point. he popped 1000 amulets and just sat back and watched. he wasn't there to kill bots nor was he there to farm the amulets. it was just something to pass the time.

#43 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

the person who was responsible for this particular incident disproves this very point. he popped 1000 amulets and just sat back and watched. he wasn't there to kill bots nor was he there to farm the amulets. it was just something to pass the time.

Nope .Bot will resprawn then go back to the map.

#44 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:22 PM

I'm pretty upset I missed out, that looked like a lot of fun. IMO stuff like this keeps the game interesting and people shouldn't complain so much as they should try to recruit help and just... ya know... have fun. 

"I'm too low level to do anything"

so watch and maybe snag some neat loot? 

#45 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

In my understanding, he popped those DB to kill bots, but not players. And yes, he did sit back and watched.

Anyway, I then find it pointless to argue on this topic, because I believe the very base of my argument, non existence of bot, will not exist.

p/s: I see you everyday, like 24/7. You don't sleep?  :p_omg:

Edited by Althes, 03 March 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#46 xVincen

xVincen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

I'm pretty upset I missed out, that looked like a lot of fun. IMO stuff like this keeps the game interesting and people shouldn't complain so much as they should try to recruit help and just... ya know... have fun. 

"I'm too low level to do anything"

so watch and maybe snag some neat loot? 

yea yea i was thinking about that yesterday, i killed some with my mech but then decided to do something else, although the maps gets DB a lot this particular event doesnt happen that often, spend 1000 amulets because you are quitting the game, maybe he should have made a thread or post that he was going to do that from the start...anyways it's a ll over now.

#47 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

p/s: I see you everyday, like 24/7. You don't sleep?  :p_omg:

the people need me.

#48 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

There's a reason why other MMORPGs do not have items like DBs and BBs in their games. It disrupts other players and chases them out of maps they have every right to be in. If people wanted to hunt certain monsters, they go to the maps that have them and leave other players out of it. It gives newcomers a bad impression of the game if they go to a low level map with low level characters and get killed by monsters that are not supposed to be there. Monster spawning should be limited to only GMs since it's more controlled and players are warned ahead of time.

You say you want new players coming into the game, but when you create this kind of environment that chases them off, that contradicts the desire to get new players in, doesn't it? And no, DBs/BBs don't stop botters at all, it only stops players. You are not helping the game get new players by spamming them in beginner areas. Just because 1% of newbies find it funny, that doesn't mean all newbies do.

We might as well just turn Renewal into a PVP server since players are able to kill others with DBs/BBs anyways.

#49 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

if dbs weren't already disabled in dungeons you would see people mass killing afkemists all the time just to snag their spots. as is, people regularly use bbs to do it but it's just a lot more expensive.

#50 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

EDIT: Ninja'd, originally posted after ZeroTigress' post.

That last part doesn't follow from the rest, but instead of engaging in an argument that will get us nowhere, I would rather focus on how much I like iRO for allow game-mechanics that other games do not. Those unique qualities are what keep me interested in the game despite it being a decade and a half old and well worn of its nostalgia from my teenage years. 

DBs suck for new players, sure, but I can't help but think that they only suck for a few minutes... and then in the future they are a neat option to play around with. 

Edited by mikayel, 03 March 2015 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users