[Suggestion] About Chef & Alchemist (Updated With Artisan) - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Suggestion] About Chef & Alchemist (Updated With Artisan)

12 replies to this topic

#1 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:17 AM

We know that Blacksmith and Artisan are directly related to equipment, make them the popular profession. Alchemist is at least related to equipment in an indirect way. But Chef is totally unrelated to equipment, make them the least attention profession.

Blacksmith = Equipment (Directly related); Puncher (Equipment upgrade related);

Artisan = Equipment (Directly related); Rune (Equipment upgrade related);

Alchemist = Pillarnium & Repaired Himmelmez Trophy (Equipment material related);

Chef = Unrelated to Equipment;

In order to improve Chef popularity, can we have Chef "Honing related" (Equipment upgrade related)?

Here is the suggested item where a Chef can craft:

- All sort of Honing Polish (75%, Chef Edition) 

- Chef Honing Oil (7.5%)

* Chef ability is upgraded to craft item other than food, but it may deviate the meaning of "Chef" from it's origin.

Additional suggested Chef craft:

- Divine Protection (Already being suggested long time ago).

- Energy Food (Increase move speed by 15% for 1 hour).

- Exp Food (Increase Exp by 15% for 1 hour).

Next, can we have Alchemist "Refinement related" up to +5 (Equipment upgrade related)?

Here is the suggested item where an Alchemist can craft:

- Alchemist Polinium (Increase refine success rate by 15%).

- Alchemist Infinium (100% protect the equipment in a fail refinement).

* Both of the items above can only be used on equipment with refine grade up to +5. For example, you can use them on a +5 equipment, but not on a +6 equipment.

* Free player at least have a chance to have all their weapon with a faint glow effect and a considerable amount of additional defence on their armor.

* (Player have a chance to get a +6 to +8 refine grade on all their equipment after a success refine from +5).

* In order to distinguish between Alchemist Infinium and the premium Kafra Infinium, Kafra Infinium should upgrade with an ability to protect the equipment from downgrade with a 30% chance in a fail refinement.

Suggested Craft Formula for Alchemist Polinium:

Polinium + Herbs ABC + Material ABC = Alchemist Polinium

Additional suggested Alchemist craft:

- Alchemist Thief Potion (Increase item's droprate by 15% for 30 minutes).

* Since we can no longer to obtain Thief Potion from the Attendance System.

Updated With Artisan:

The launch of the new Bind Rune has almost break the Artisan Rune business. It is logic that any rune job should exclusive to Artisan. But the content is already here, to remain them and avoid massive content change, I would like to suggest that Artisan has the ability to enhance the existing Bind Rune through craft:rice:

Basically the craft will be like this:

[Bind Rune +10] + Material A = Enhanced Bind Rune +15

[Bind Rune +25] + Material B = Enhanced Bind Rune +30

[Bind Rune +50] + Material C = Enhanced Bind Rune +55

Well, Bind Rune +80 which is already have a very high stats and is exclusive for Purple Rune Hole, I wouldn't suggest any enhancement on them, unless developer agree to adjust the Bind Rune value to the following, and their enhanced results:

Bind Rune +10  -->  Bind Rune +10  ==>  Enhanced Bind Rune +15

Bind Rune +25  -->  Bind Rune +20  ==>  Enhanced Bind Rune +25

Bind Rune +50  -->  Bind Rune +30  ==>  Enhanced Bind Rune +35

Bind Rune +80  -->  Bind Rune +45  ==>  Enhanced Bind Rune +50

Reasonable?  :heh:

And it is good that certain rules should applied on the usage of the Bind Rune, so that player doesn't ignore the lower stats rune like Bind Rune +10 & +25.

For example:

Bind Rune +10 - For Advanced Item (Green) & above; And Item Level 50 & above.

Bind Rune +25 - For Rare Item (Blue) & above; And Item Level 80 & above.

Bind Rune +50 - For Epic Item (Purple) & above; And Item Level 85 & above.

Bind Rune +80 - Exclusive for Purple Rune Hole. (Currently applied)

* Not to confuse Item Level with Required Level.

* Costume doesn't have Item Level and Item Grade, thus the restriction doesn't applied. But costume has Normal Rune Hole instead of Purple Rune Hole, so costume still doesn't meet the requirement to slot in Bind Rune +80.

Hope the new suggested craft make the gameplay more interesting.

Thank you.  :p_smile:

Edited by Saturn33, 06 March 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#2 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Oooh very nice! I especially like the ideas for chef, and have some "flavor" ideas to keep it chef-y.

Chefs could get the materials as a by-product of fat by cooking other dishes. Polishes & oils can be made of this fat by mixing with other ingredients.

The values for honing may need some adjustment, but the basic idea is great!

----

Alchemists are still able to make potions, which are still used by many. Even so, I think I like the idea of some basic refine options. What sort of materials would you suggest for the refine materials and thief potions? (Perhaps use the regular Polinium as a refine ingredient, and make the Alchemist version better than the original?)

#3 NilaR

NilaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

I hope they bring back the value of a certain job. At the side of materials of craftable items gathering, almost all material for craftable items at ML are either drop items or buyable via MP (Only Pillarnium Powder that isn't yet available for MP, I think). While blacksmith and artisan get further ability to dig(and skin) the pillarniums at Dayr map, there's nothing for alchemist and chef can do at ML maps. Bring back the gathering of rocks/herbs for blacksmith/alchemist and skinning of monsters for artisan/chef for their future hopefully to be-added craftable items, so they'll be used more than just only for the crafting of items and to have a better choice/plan of which job to have/be. As of now, you can be of any job to get any drop material items or buy them through Dapara, send/bring over the materials to someone's crafting shop or your crafting char, then voila! items crafted. I'd suggest that they bring back material items gathering/skinning or make current material items be able to get from gathering/skinning by switching or adding current drop material items into gathering/skinning ones.

Also, should there be a lv requirement for item crafting like the pre-ML jobs? To give them a better role than just getting designs of ML equipments and learn them on your crafting char. As there's no more job lv at ML, would base lv do? Currently, most(or all?) ML equipment design are at lv50 requirement (is it base lv or job lv or both?). Further makes jobs undesired or just left unconsidered at the least of our concern. People just create a lv50 or ML1 at minimum(and left it there) to craft ML equipments/items for crafting purposes, no further work to lv it to meet certain equips/items craft requirement.

I agree that they should add craftable items for alchemist and chef to make those two to have a better population and attention. I'd suggest there should add better/stronger of recovery/buff potions and foods along with some new craftable items that people had been suggesting. Even Dayr Special Nirvana Snake Soup with 13,400HP/6,300SP recovery or Heavenly Sausage with +45 of physical atk, magical atk, crit hit and acceleration for 60 minutes don't feel like they're of much use/beneficial at higher levels.

As of now, jobs of iRO2 at ML are kind of forgotten/undesired. Drop and/or MP buyable material items looked like a shortcut of job-life for me. Less work and time for in-game job-related (maybe this is intended). Apparently, ML-wise has too much attention/focus on grinding levels in less maps/variations than pre-ML with already too much MP requirement to lv up. With the unbalanced/broken of skills/stats of class, refine, hone and seeds/runes, bugs/issues to fix, I don't know if they'll ever consider to look at or even upgrade jobs' function/usefulness. But, I hope they will and there'll be a better life of jobs in iRO2. :p_smile:

#4 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:34 PM

add ML for jobs and OP buff\boost pots, food, honing oils, new runehole punchers for each runehole type, better reinforcement stones\threads like Bear Embroidery or Balial's Blessing

#5 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:50 PM

Oooh very nice! I especially like the ideas for chef, and have some "flavor" ideas to keep it chef-y.

Chefs could get the materials as a by-product of fat by cooking other dishes. Polishes & oils can be made of this fat by mixing with other ingredients.

The values for honing may need some adjustment, but the basic idea is great!

----

Alchemists are still able to make potions, which are still used by many. Even so, I think I like the idea of some basic refine options. What sort of materials would you suggest for the refine materials and thief potions? (Perhaps use the regular Polinium as a refine ingredient, and make the Alchemist version better than the original?)

Good one, by-product fats as the raw ingredient to produce all sort of the honing polish and oils, so that Chef still remain as a "Chef".  :no1:

As for Alchemist, haven't got an idea yet on what material will be used to craft Alchemist Thief Potion. But for Alchemist Polinium, the regular Polinium definitely is a good choice since we have excessive amount of them.

Polinium + Herbs ABC + Material ABC = Alchemist Polinium (Increase refine success rate by 15%)

I believe it will be a popular choice for refinement up to +5 equipment. :p_smile: 

Edited by Saturn33, 06 March 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#6 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:36 AM

These changes you suggest are nice but probably too high (don't touch refinement incomes to devs :P )
I would just suggest to give back to all the jobs the old balance:
-Blacksmit: weapons, heavy armors, runehole puncers, mining materials.
give back to bs the possibility to refine pillarnium as they did with gold, silver and all the mined materials. Realize a new runehole puncer that need polinium to be crafted and is needed for ml20+
-Artisans: leather and cloth armor, RUNES, accesseries.
Give back the runes to artisans with the new runes they did a big damage to artisans.
-Sheffs: buff and cure dishes. Reintroduce dishes that need mats from the new maps and lower the drop of dishes from mobs to make them really usefull. The idea of the honing oil is still nice and would be a plus for shefs
-Alchemists: Potions and refinement items. As shefs introduce new potions to craft with mats from the new maps and give them the possibility to craft from polinium to lucky powder as it was before with the old refinement materials.

For all the jobs then i really wish to delete all these desigh scrolls dropped by monsters (except maybe the osiris ones) and give back to the job expert all the recipes buyable with zenny as it was before.

#7 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

These changes you suggest are nice but probably too high (don't touch refinement incomes to devs :P )
I would just suggest to give back to all the jobs the old balance:
-Blacksmit: weapons, heavy armors, runehole puncers, mining materials.
give back to bs the possibility to refine pillarnium as they did with gold, silver and all the mined materials. Realize a new runehole puncer that need polinium to be crafted and is needed for ml20+
-Artisans: leather and cloth armor, RUNES, accesseries.
Give back the runes to artisans with the new runes they did a big damage to artisans.
-Sheffs: buff and cure dishes. Reintroduce dishes that need mats from the new maps and lower the drop of dishes from mobs to make them really usefull. The idea of the honing oil is still nice and would be a plus for shefs
-Alchemists: Potions and refinement items. As shefs introduce new potions to craft with mats from the new maps and give them the possibility to craft from polinium to lucky powder as it was before with the old refinement materials.

For all the jobs then i really wish to delete all these desigh scrolls dropped by monsters (except maybe the osiris ones) and give back to the job expert all the recipes buyable with zenny as it was before.

Lol, I really try not to push the request too far as a free player.  :heh:

Blacksmith - A new puncher for Purple & Gold Rune hole will be nice. Hope they fix the dismantle fail rate. Dismantle of ML gear should give Polinium & Mysterious Crystal. Then the Mysterious Crystal will be used as the material to craft the new puncher.

Artisan - Yes, make Artisan to craft the new runes instead of doing daily quest to get them. Mysterious Crystal will be used to craft the new rune as well.

And yes, I agree that all the Menace, Joser, and Ashkaron design scroll should be learn-able at the profession expert, not simply drop by monster. Because eventually the server will have excessive amount of them. Osiris and Himmelmez design scroll can be drop by bosses since they are epic craft.

Edited by Saturn33, 06 March 2015 - 02:42 AM.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

First thing they need to do concerning chefs is give the dang life job some processing recipes! All the other life jobs can level up fine without having to purchase a lot of NPC items, but chefs for some reason require NPC items for EVERY recipe. This alone makes the life job much more costly to level up compared to other life jobs.

Also agree on giving the life job some curing recipes instead of only HP/SP regenerating and stat buff recipes. But seriously, let chefs process raw versions of materials into cookable versions of materials at the very least.

#9 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

Updated With Artisan:

The launch of the new Bind Rune has almost break the Artisan Rune business. It is logic that any rune job should exclusive to Artisan. But the content is already here, to remain them and avoid massive content change, I would like to suggest that Artisan has the ability to enhance the existing Bind Rune through craft:rice:

[Bind Rune +10] + Material A = Enhanced Bind Rune +15

[Bind Rune +25] + Material B = Enhanced Bind Rune +30

[Bind Rune +50] + Material C = Enhanced Bind Rune +55

Well, Bind Rune +80 which is already have a very high stats and is exclusive for Purple Rune Hole, I wouldn't suggest any enhancement on them, unless developer agree to adjust the Bind Rune value to the following, and their enhanced results:

And it is good that certain rules should applied on the usage of the Bind Rune, so that player doesn't ignore the lower stats rune like Bind Rune +10 & +25.

For example:

Bind Rune +10 - For Advanced Item (Green) & above; And Item Level 50 & above.

Bind Rune +25 - For Rare Item (Blue) & above; And Item Level 80 & above.

Bind Rune +50 - For Epic Item (Purple) & above; And Item Level 85 & above.

Bind Rune +80 - Exclusive for Purple Rune Hole. (Currently applied)

* Not to confuse Item Level with Required Level.

* Costume doesn't have Item Level and Item Grade, thus the restriction doesn't applied. But costume has Normal Rune Hole instead of Purple Rune Hole, so costume still doesn't meet the requirement to slot in Bind Rune +80.

Edited by Saturn33, 06 March 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#10 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:54 AM

Nuuuuu. Runes are one of the sources of imbalance. Adding more stats would make it worse, Saturn.  :p_omg:

Imo it's better to just let the existing life jobs craft the materials for runes instead of those NPCs wearing East Asian costumes like it's Halloween. There should only be 1 NPC in charge of crafting the runes from finished materials.

Alchemists can craft solvents, Blacksmiths can craft stones, Artisans can craft crystals and the things from Musphelians, and last but not least Chefs can craft stat powders.

The finished materials can then be sent to the NPC in order to get our desired runes. This keeps the NPC happy and life jobs active.  :p_love:

#11 Saturn33

Saturn33

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationFolding@home

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

Nuuuuu. Runes are one of the sources of imbalance. Adding more stats would make it worse, Saturn.  :p_omg:

Imo it's better to just let the existing life jobs craft the materials for runes instead of those NPCs wearing East Asian costumes like it's Halloween. There should only be 1 NPC in charge of crafting the runes from finished materials.

Alchemists can craft solvents, Blacksmiths can craft stones, Artisans can craft crystals and the things from Musphelians, and last but not least Chefs can craft stat powders.

The finished materials can then be sent to the NPC in order to get our desired runes. This keeps the NPC happy and life jobs active.  :p_love:

A nice alternative.  :no1:

#12 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

add ML for jobs and OP buff\boost pots, food, honing oils, new runehole punchers for each runehole type, better reinforcement stones\threads like Bear Embroidery or Balial's Blessing

The OP buff potions and food are great! Currently, food is worthless. It gives a negligible amount of buff. Hello, do 60 more points in magic attack boost my Renovatio? sobs

We have a lot of monsters that could provide realistic raw materials. Condors are birds so they can be hunted for their meat. Mukas are plants so maybe we can pick their thorns. Sapphire Wolves can be hunted for their sapphires (perhaps Collector Alfreda wants to buy them lol). Make every monster provide a specific raw material.

For alchemists... I don't know.... Dayr Desert is basically a desert just like Sogratt. If Yggdrasil plants can grow at Sogratt, I see no reasons for a mutant more developed plant not to thrive at Dayr. Even if the high lvl plant is only Yggdrasil (Dayr is hotter, according to story line), there should be a way to make use of those cacti and the oasis water.

Edit:

Blessings aren't worth the effort.The effect is nice but has such a short duration.

Edited by HokaHoka, 07 March 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#13 Niiu

Niiu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Location~ Prontera and Jawaii ~

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

The ideas are generally very good!

Whether regarding the Chef must-see mode of Oil, since the structure a "very good" proposal, it must be remembered that Gravity can not accept it in its entirety, (we know from experience in the proposals submitted along of the 4 terms), however can give some adjustments against it.

As for Divine protection, is working on a new item that comes to replace this coveted, but would come back one being different ID to avoid future problems "future bugs".

The "Energy Food" chef beyond what I see as part of the alchemists.

The "Exp Food", as already seen in Thief Event Eddga possibly come later more items of this type, however, the percentage is variable, since in certain occasions has touched on this topic.

Regarding the craftsman, and the "elixir" I do not think you know it because currently thinks remove Kafra Shop due to the new system Craft.
But not denied, the possibility of implementing it later.

Edited by Niiu, 07 March 2015 - 02:14 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users