#1 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

Hey there guys, i've started this topic because as everyone know (if you dont i'm telling right now) there will come a lot of new cards and the majestic Thanos Katar (5% HP/SP leech, 220atk, 1slot), and, as far as i know it can cause some modifications on our way to play (or not)....

All this is because of 3 cards Petal Card, Menblatt Card and Cenere Card (http://ragnarok.leve...29/newcards.php)

As i said to ShinobiEX3, +9FAW Fatal 10 (26% cit dmg) + petal card with 100 luk (20% crit dmg) + FAW crit dmg buff(5%crit dmg) could only give -_-ing 51% crit dmg, that's why i want to know if 100luk will be a tendency, and i wanted to share this question with you guys... Does anyone knows the tendencies or changes in playing stile that these card have make in Kro GXs?

It's kind of messy this post but help me with that, Thanks  :no1:  :gawi: 

#2 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

Honestly, think it'll just make it easier to use the bonuses on temporal boots. Like for example, Cenere card means you can have even less AGI to reach 193 aspd, use those points on something else to round out your build.

Or go full on one stat (like Shinobi asked, petal+fatal faw, Temp LUK with 120 luk, LFH, Chakram+sin cuff etc for some retarded crit damage increase lel).

Are the cards on Sakray yet?

#3 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

i think they are, but i dont think luk boots is a nice choice for a katar gx, katar are so versatile, i only can imagine it full potencial in STR or AGI boots... my though was that menblatt card will be nice for CRS... Do you know if there will come a new garmet, because for now the best option for that cards would be a nicely enchanted FAW(EA/Fatal/FS) but to have one faw for woe, one for mping and one for pvming would be too expensive... The nice is that the thanos Katar with a Hunter Fly will be awesome for leveling (but i cant tell the price, hope it come affordable)

#4 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

The thanos katar seems easy enough to farm (there was a vid somewhere in the forums, should take 2 or 3 runs thru the instance to get enough mats for one). I'm expecting kinda high price at the start, it'll drop after that. But I'm often wrong about the market lmao.

Idk about agi boots, I find them overkill tho that might change with the garment cards. STR boots are super nice tho, the dmg increase on skills is big compared to well anything I tested. Hope I'll get the LUK boots soon to test em out, purely for MVPing they seem like the best choice for damage atm. And sakray is kinda useless without some specific gear, then again it's for finding bugs not playing around with stats/builds. :p_angel:

#5 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

ohh please, sakray is tooo useless... Luk boot is more for DDCrit as i see, they give a huge damage but in woe a full crit gx cant do much unless he has a LK card hahaha... I think i'll test some combinations, Fatal FAW(Petal) with AGI boots/ HBP (Cenere) with STR boots/ Fatal FAW (Cenere) with STR... As i've seen builds with a lack of agi (like mine) are more expensive, as i need highly priced itens to reach 193 asdp... It is all about geting to know the best combinations

#6 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

Ugh, I always forget about woe/pvp. Should put a disclaimer somewhere in my sig that all the gibberish I spout is about PVE/MVP only. lel

It is all about geting to know the best combinations

True words. That's why I'm playing around with different builds/gears atm. Tho I wanna see what exactly we get in the update cuz with each new update the STR boots seem better and better imo.

#7 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:02 PM

IMO Those new garment cards are just meh. You gotta sacrifice a Ray, Devi or elemental resist garment cards, which are the pretty important reducts for a GX. 

Thanos Katar is pretty easy to acquire. The shards needed drops from all? the monsters in the instance. 

Isn't 100 LUK already a staple? Mind you, I have elemental resist in my HBPs and rays in my FAWs and I don't like missing out on the bonuses. Plus, I really hate getting cursed. Hope, it's not just me. >.<

Edited by aznspikey, 07 March 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#8 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

i'm not a fan of Raydric card, 30% neutral dmg, i only use it for leveling on non elemental mobs, elemental resist i have in my woe set's... The build i was thinking now would be full dmg or Dmg over time, for WoE i would use my FAW EA10 with a menblatt card, maybe (i will just borrow from my rk :P), that would give me a huge CRS dmg... But the thing for woe is a kiel card, RC with 0,1 delay is heaven on earth haha... But like i said, i'm going to test, that's why i opened that topic just to put what i discover, share with you, as you can share too  :gawi:

#9 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

Sorry to ask here (and for being lazy) but does anyone have a link to the full stats of the Thanos katar? I am curious if it will outright replace my current weapon or if it will be a swapper?

The higher ATK makes it seem like a good candidate if it is level 4, and since it comes prebuilt with an hp leech mechanic it can effectively replace a Hunter Fly card, depending on rate/proc and whether or not it stacks with another HF card.

Anyway, does anyone have the full info? Googling 'thanos katar' brings up some different stuff from other servers. 

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

you can probably post requests (or check yourself!) on the heroes trail testing thread. incidentally, there is a picture containing the thanos katar description in this post:

http://forums.warppo...read/?p=2070698

cheers

#11 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the link bro. 

God damnit: it'll completely outclass a Blood Tears or Krishna as a typical leveling weapon unless it's chance to proc drain is like 1% or fails to stack with an HF card.

220 atk and level 4, bleeaaagghhh. Even without Malangdo Enchants it's 2cool4school. 

I wasted like 30 enriched elu +9ing my stupid katar which is now going to be completely outclassed, and we won't have Enriched anytime soon when the update comes in.

I hate everything =(((

Edited by mikayel, 09 March 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#12 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:44 AM

Soooo, sell your katar fast, and GW carded equips, their price will fall for real

#13 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

Buttt it's +9!!!!

Yeah I guess that's the way to go. Sorry, GW? 

#14 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

Giant Whisper

#15 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

I still think Str Temp boots is best for pure damage skill dealing gx tho. all thats left is whether we get the right weapon to get the most out of the boots. Also what do you all think about the faceworm garment with the temp boots. I was looking on for more aspd and saw that u can get agi +5 or more which is equal to the athletic set in terms of aspd. So maybe both athletic set and the agi +5 with other enchants on the faceworm garment. Your thoughts please

#16 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

Well with 100agi i could reach aspd 193 not that hard... it is very expensive, but it was a pretty nice dmg... Now, as i've reset, i'm with 120agi and 100str, i hit 193aspd without even noticing so i've given away my HBP for FAWs, before i think i couldnt reach aspd 193 without the HBP, and the damage is huuuuuugeeeee... My crit dmg have been boosted, with Fatal 10 Faw, my RC dmg too with FS16, and my CRS is awesome with a EA10... well, it is true that i have to own 3 FAW, but i just borrowed from my other acc... For woe, if you wanna get the best dmg with 120agi build the best FAW is the FS one, for it will boost both the RC and the CRS... Although i dont really know if i can tank a mother -_-ing rich RK :/

#17 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the link bro. 

God damnit: it'll completely outclass a Blood Tears or Krishna as a typical leveling weapon unless it's chance to proc drain is like 1% or fails to stack with an HF card.

220 atk and level 4, bleeaaagghhh. Even without Malangdo Enchants it's 2cool4school. 

I wasted like 30 enriched elu +9ing my stupid katar which is now going to be completely outclassed, and we won't have Enriched anytime soon when the update comes in.

I hate everything =(((

In the attack and sp leech department, most definitely. Might need a +9 RWH to help with the hp leech part since Thanos Katar can only have 1 HF and proc rate seems low. Maybe lower than HF card...

I still think Str Temp boots is best for pure damage skill dealing gx tho. all thats left is whether we get the right weapon to get the most out of the boots. Also what do you all think about the faceworm garment with the temp boots. I was looking on for more aspd and saw that u can get agi +5 or more which is equal to the athletic set in terms of aspd. So maybe both athletic set and the agi +5 with other enchants on the faceworm garment. Your thoughts please

FAW/HBP beats faceworm garbs in dmg and attack speed, even with stat enchants on them. The only real use, for a GX, is the HP/SP increase combo.

IMO Using faceworm garbs, it's like using a garment version of variant shoes. 

#18 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:31 PM

haha true i want to make a pure damage/poison gx but that def reduct bas on a gx is lik 0 haha compared to rk and suras lol and chasers for some reason

#19 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

haha true i want to make a pure damage/poison gx but that def reduct bas on a gx is lik 0 haha compared to rk and suras lol and chasers for some reason

i think without the Woe set, against suras you just pray for the Weapon Blocking proc and block the asura, or whatever skill :DD

#20 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:59 PM

i think without the Woe set, against suras you just pray for the Weapon Blocking proc and block the asura, or whatever skill :DD

meh i dont even bother lol i just poison em and waddle off let the others whip them in to shape

#21 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

Do you guys think the Thanos katar will beat the Chakram+Sincuffs combo as a ctrl+click crit weapon against mvps? I just finished making/upgrading/enchanting my 2 chakrams (2xAunoe and 2xAK's and yes, I'm a bit of an idiot for making 2 -_-) not too long ago and I really don't wanna spend lots of zeny's and sanity points to make a new weapon right now (I'm running a bit low on both at this point ._.)

#22 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

nooo it wont, Thanos katar will only be good for RCing... Unless you can afford a Memory Of Thanatos card... But for a Memory will be better to have a Guillotine Katar... Will, i think

Edited by RomeroMelo, 11 March 2015 - 07:33 AM.

#23 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

If I get Memory of Thanatos, I will put it in a Sandstorm. :P

#24 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts