Baretto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCornwall, UK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:14 AM

So this just makes the UI a bit clearer and adds some simple tools for getting around the quest tracking. Deleting hiding, (of course you can still right click a quest to hide or unhide it from the list) this just gives a button for those who are newer. Deleting quests is something I'd like to see become easier. You pick up a load of quests then change your mind where you are going to level, yet your inactive has 30 quests slapped in it. Annoying specially with the buffer ones that are just annoying.

Obviously could keep it to general colour scheme etc. and changeable skins.

I was thinking of linking to the map and highlighting a map, but thought navigation would be better.

Gjt5Jpe.jpg

Under recommended would be level related areas and spotlights etc.

So under Local I think it would be nice to have bounty boards etc. listed there with the ability to navigate to the bounty board, as well as any other NPC etc. (maybe not all, some are find it yourself, (though everyone uses the internet anyway).

I think most of them are self explanatory.

This didn't take me long to make so of course you could add some of the nicer artwork that is currently on the quest UI at the moment.

I'm planning to knock up a few more in general so it might be worth a mod merging this with my homunculus one and renaming it to "crappy ui ideas" or something.

I'd also like to point out I think all windows and bars should be scalable, my 1920x1080 screen is like I can't see anything so small! So I'd like to see the ability to scale the whole lot, text box size etc. (alt+drag or something) Not a universal scaler as I like somethings to be there but not massive.

Urm if I've forgotten something I'll add it later.. But yeah idea's? Really just to make it more user friendly as currently mines clogged to hell and back.

#2 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

Updating the quest system is a major issue for me. The underlying quest system appears to be very archaic. While the current quest window has a lot of functions, only a small amount make full use. There are sadly quite a few quests that don't have basic journal entries, much less make full use of the current quest window. Recent quests I've done that don't have any journal entries, much less quest markers, include "cursed spirits", the one that gives bio instance access, and thanatos summon.
As far as deleting, I don't think the underlying system supports it.

#3 Baretto

Baretto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCornwall, UK
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:07 AM

Yes, they need to make sure the quest log is used by all quests, the problem is as so many quests are older than the log, they have to go back through those npc's and have them add to the log (I assume).

I believe you can remove Bounty Board quests at the bounty board, though it is a bit long winded. It'd just be applying the concept that uses across all quests and linking the button so that it triggers that response. As far as I could tell. I'd have to look into it more to be sure, but I'm sure someone with prior knowledge would be better at saying if it is possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users