03/11 Classic maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

03/11 Classic maintenance

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

Events

Brewing and Blacksmithing rankings reset this week. 

Update

Section 9's monster kill tracker being implemented this week. This update to the plugin system will display how many monsters you have left on a kill quest you have active much like we have on Renewal. 

Expanded Class NPC warpers being added to Asgard Village

Jumping Janeway will warp players picking up the to the Prontera Knight Guild 

Videos Needed!

The video guide project is underway and we are offering VIP sub time for helpful guide videos on youtube! We'll be posting them to our site's news feed and linking them on Facebook/twitter. Guides and videos you have already made are eligible!

Feedback needed: 

Have you had the chance to test Janeway's Pitman quest? Too tough? Too Easy? Let me know. 

Due to widespread RMT issue that the development team has not yet been able to address, unfortunately we have to temporarilymake MVP cards as well as Ghostring, Deviling and Maya Purple cards untradable. This will not affect cards that have already been put into equipment. The GM Team can assist with moving these loose mvp cards around. 

#2 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

Nothing for the Challenge Dungeon? I know Camp just got back but come on, seriously?

Also see my post in the Janeway thread regarding Janeway dropping you into the Knight Guild, you should probably just bypass the requirement or award access to players when they start the Janeway Thief Bug quest, blindly being warped into a room with 12 NPCs 11 of which are not useful seems a really not great way to go about it.

Cool news about the guide stuff!

I'm going to run a dude or two through Janeway later today I'll let you know about Pitmen.

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

Nothing for the Challenge Dungeon? I know Camp just got back but come on, seriously?

Also see my post in the Janeway thread regarding Janeway dropping you into the Knight Guild, you should probably just bypass the requirement or award access to players when they start the Janeway Thief Bug quest, blindly being warped into a room with 12 NPCs 11 of which are not useful seems a really not great way to go about it.

Cool news about the guide stuff!

I'm going to run a dude or two through Janeway later today I'll let you know about Pitmen.

Camp and Holden are full steam on Hero's Trail II for Renewal so I'm the guy doing classic stuff this week. I'll see if we can fit in AI changes for the Challenge monsters. 

#4 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

Camp and Holden are full steam on Hero's Trail II for Renewal so I'm the guy doing classic stuff this week. I'll see if we can fit in AI changes for the Challenge monsters. 

Ummmm, were the drops in Challenge Dungeon ever enabled? Last week I spent like a hour there killing and only got, apple juice, empty bottles, and chocolates. I understand the need for challenge in Challenge Dungeon but no drops? Please tell me you changed the drops sometime last week and I just didn't notice it.

Edited by isamu999, 09 March 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

AI isnt going to be enough to make it something people want to visit, it'll help but there's no reason for them to go there. Neither the experience or drops are relevant. I'm not sure what you have planned for AI or drops eventually. But here's what I'd do for a 5 minute fix:

Worms AI: http://db.irowiki.or...ter-skill/1641/

Bug AI: http://db.irowiki.or...ter-skill/1640/

Exactly the same as the monsters stats they're copied from, kind of scary and pretty frightening in the numbers in the dungeon currently.

Drops I'd add GSBs at a rate 1/2 (possibly 1/4) the drop rate of boxes from monsters in Bio3. Put Seeds in at a slightly lower rate than that, maybe 3/4 (or 3/5 maybe?) what you set the GSBs at. 

Exp I'd probably set them to the same values as the non-99 versions of the two monsters these are modelled off (~100k base/job).

As long as the monster AI is in and working they'll be scary enough to be a challenge for players but also still drop useful items at a rate significantly low enough that while you're better off going to Bio3 or GD to farm boxes, this provides a weird alternative. If the rates are still too high by peoples standards they can be adjusted, but it's hard to know what the drop rates actually are so I cant really be more specific. This would be a very simple placeholder and give people a reason to go visit the dungeon for an hour or two to check it out before you guys give it a proper makeover.

#6 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:40 PM

No seeds. No berries. No SP consumables of any kind plsthx. 

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Why not? The drop rate of them would be really really low and the GMs have set the precedent for SP items in the past. GSBs provide people with near infinite slims, bombs, coats or fragments. Why should this be any different?

What about if instead of seeds at a low rate you got 1-2 Blue Herbs at a super high chance then?

Edit: VVVV Kusua unfortunately they're not able to do that right now. It's a problem and they've contacted kRO about it in the past but kRO have been unable to provide them with the client that shows the stat orbs, it's possible that Section 9 may be able to do something about it, but right now we're stuck with it as it is.

Edited by Themes, 09 March 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#8 Kusua

Kusua

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:53 PM

Please consider adding to the list to get the stat enchantments on armors to display when right clicking on the item.

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:59 PM

Please consider adding to the list to get the stat enchantments on armors to display when right clicking on the item.

It's currently one of the things we aren't able to do with the Classic exe we have. We did make it so if an item has a slot and is carded with enchants, it will list the enchants before the item's name. Unfortunately this only works if there is a card equipped in the item. 

#10 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

pretty excited about the kill tracker, but i also wanted to chime in about the pitmen quest. a++, far better than gargoyles imo! i got murdered a few times the first go-round, but that's because i went through on a wizard and was bad at playing wizard. i just ran some people through on stream and it went pretty quick! fun times c:

#11 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

yea pitman was way better than gargoyle but still a bit trouble when it power ups tho, and even tho veno/noxious cant be hit w/o endow, they're still way better than frigging cramps :3

@janaway

thanks BTW by fixing janaway pistol, and this might be selfish but could you guys add other guns? we get the chance to pick 2 weapons but only one option, rifle/shotgun/nade launcher would be great if it was added

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

how about convert mats and edp so other classes than champ/bio get motivated. This is iRO not pserver meta ro

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

pretty excited about the kill tracker, but i also wanted to chime in about the pitmen quest. a++, far better than gargoyles imo! i got murdered a few times the first go-round, but that's because i went through on a wizard and was bad at playing wizard. i just ran some people through on stream and it went pretty quick! fun times c:

You should archive the vids up on youtube and link em. 

yea pitman was way better than gargoyle but still a bit trouble when it power ups tho, and even tho veno/noxious cant be hit w/o endow, they're still way better than frigging cramps :3

@janaway

thanks BTW by fixing janaway pistol, and this might be selfish but could you guys add other guns? we get the chance to pick 2 weapons but only one option, rifle/shotgun/nade launcher would be great if it was added

I think that Eden style equipment quests might be a good idea or you can choose a second level weapon for any class at a later step in Janeway's quest. 

#14 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

@Oda

When will you put drops in Challenge Dungeon?

I would like to repeat again, when will drops be put into Challenge Dungeon?

Since things like this are always ignored, I'd like to ask one more time, when will drops be put in for Challenge Dungeon?

Did I forget to mention that there are no drops in Challenge Dungeon and that doing it currently has absolutely no value whatsoever?

Record is broken ATM, when will drops be put in for Challenge Dungeon

If you manage to read this message and not any of the previous messages I put the important information in bold for easier reading.

#15 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:24 PM

@Oda

When will you put drops in Challenge Dungeon?

I would like to repeat again, when will drops be put into Challenge Dungeon?

Since things like this are always ignored, I'd like to ask one more time, when will drops be put in for Challenge Dungeon?

Did I forget to mention that there are no drops in Challenge Dungeon and that doing it currently has absolutely no value whatsoever?

Record is broken ATM, when will drops be put in for Challenge Dungeon

If you manage to read this message and not any of the previous messages I put the important information in bold for easier reading.

I'm aware of this, I asked Camp if he might be able to take a look at that this week but the Production team is pretty busy with Renewal this week. At the very least I want to get the AI of the monsters updated. 

#16 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

I'm aware of this, I asked Camp if he might be able to take a look at that this week but the Production team is pretty busy with Renewal this week. At the very least I want to get the AI of the monsters updated. 

Oh wow! Thanks for the information!! Good to know. ^^

#17 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Still no submission guidelines?

#18 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

As stated earlier, Pitman is better than Gargoyles, but it's still rough due to the other mobs in the area. I was using my newly-made priest, and had to party an assassin. I had to use use up all my empty bottles to make holy water so I could use Asperio on him so he could kill Noxious. If it weren't for my character being a priest, I don't know if we could have finished...

Likewise, a solo priest would have no chance. I attempted it alone, and had to run out in order to not die on the very first Pitman I had attacked.

#19 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

Unless you're a battle priest you shouldnt be going solo anyways!  :hmm:

or

Using merc scrolls! They are soo cheap now, i've bought them at 700k which is attainable through random looting from lvl 1 novice lvling via janeway anyways! 

#20 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:01 PM

Unless you're a battle priest you shouldnt be going solo anyways!  :hmm:

or

Using merc scrolls! They are soo cheap now, i've bought them at 700k which is attainable through random looting from lvl 1 novice lvling via janeway anyways! 

Yes. Well, how about the assassin that I partied with? Is it ill-advised he goes solo too? He couldn't handle them either.

My priest was a hybrid of battle/support, seeing as how parties are possible, but due to the low population, I still go solo 90% of the time. I've since gone full support with messed up stats. (Will be fixed at rebirth.)

As for the second part of your post, if someone can make 700k through this quest as a new player (which is really what Janeway is for, btw) a merc scroll might be not be a good suggestion as their first purchase. They could spend that zeny on something better, like... oh, I don't know, gear? cards? weapons? Pots? A merc scroll lasts only 30 minutes. Armor to increase def lasts until better gear is obtained.

#21 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:19 PM

You should archive the vids up on youtube and link em. 

if i can eke out some time to figure out video editing i might, but for the time being i'm hoping twitch's highlight -> youtube function works. it didn't earlier, but i didn't really try to fix the problem. will give it a shot, though, if i can make time.

#22 paultak

paultak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

Unbound Telling Doll Hat[1]. I've been asking for this since the box event came out. 

Do I need to italicize, bold, change font style, color and increase font size all the way to 40 just for y'all to see? If it can't be done, just let us know so I won't keep asking for it every maintenance time...

#23 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

Unbound Telling Doll Hat[1]. I've been asking for this since the box event came out. 

Do I need to italicize, bold, change font style, color and increase font size all the way to 40 just for y'all to see? If it can't be done, just let us know so I won't keep asking for it every maintenance time...

post it in the tiki tues thread; posting during maint probably wouldn't be enough time for them to adjust scripts and stuff.

#24 FistFullOfSoup

FistFullOfSoup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Reality

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

As stated earlier, Pitman is better than Gargoyles, but it's still rough due to the other mobs in the area. I was using my newly-made priest, and had to party an assassin. I had to use use up all my empty bottles to make holy water so I could use Asperio on him so he could kill Noxious. If it weren't for my character being a priest, I don't know if we could have finished...

Likewise, a solo priest would have no chance. I attempted it alone, and had to run out in order to not die on the very first Pitman I had attacked.

I think I was that assassin.  I agree 100%. :p_sad:

#25 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

Due to widespread RMT issue that the development team has not yet been able to address, unfortunately we have to temporarily lock down MVP cards as well as Ghostring, Deviling and Maya Purple cards. This will not affect cards that have already been put into equipment. The GM Team can assist with moving these loose mvp cards around. 

If you don't mind elaborating, does that mean those cards won't be dropping? If so, that is very, very disappointing. It may not in effect hurt anyone, but how is this 'solution' fair to new players? The chances are already rare enough as it is, to just make it straight up impossible for new players would be a bit ridiculous. I'm really confused and I really hope this does not mean what I think it does...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users