03/11 Classic maintenance - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

03/11 Classic maintenance

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#101 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

No offense but 1 post without a discussion (in a thread nobody reads) shouldn't constitute the reason for adding something that changes the economy dynamic.

#102 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

I'm sorry, I honestly thought you guys would know it was this item http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/6188/

It was my fault for not communicating this better. 

I haven't played on iRO before, I came here from euRO (played on fRO for 6 months too) after they introduced renewal so I have no idea what those p2w cash shop items are.

#103 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

Why was crown of deceit removed from the first proposed box?

Also any word on yellow gems being sold in mail annex?

#104 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

Crown of Deceit might be a better item for a long quest instead of in a cash shop box. I had mistakenly thought that it had been put in before. 

#105 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

If you guys plan on adding CoD in the future, I would like to see some comparatively powerful headgears for other classes put in simultaneously. This server has a VERY bad habit of buffing the same few classes successively to the detriment of all others.

#106 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:26 PM

If you guys plan on adding CoD in the future, I would like to see some comparatively powerful headgears for other classes put in simultaneously. This server has a VERY bad habit of buffing the same few classes successively to the detriment of all others.

Pitch me on what you want to see, what kind of quest would be sufficient to have something like this as a reward for. 

#107 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

Pitch me on what you want to see, what kind of quest would be sufficient to have something like this as a reward for.

prayer to the heavens quest. Your welcome

#108 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

prayer to the heavens quest. Your welcome

That quest is atrociously scripted, insanely immersion-breaking and extremely easy, please no. Every time I do that quest I end up with a bad taste in my mouth ;p

The quest would have to be fairly long and difficult, roughly 2/3rds of The Sign's length that would involve killing monsters from end-game dungeons such as Biolabs, Thors, Nameless, ID and AL, along with some fetching of common drops from those monsters.

Something similar to the Sorcerer and GX Job Change quests on Renewal would be pretty good. Sorcerer requires item hoarding and chance, GX requires attacking specific targets and revolves around skill.

As for headgears... things similar to (but perhaps not these exact gears) Mercury Riser, Hermode's Cap, Ancient Horns, Sorin Doll, and Wickebine's Black Cat Ears (the flee and crit one). I'd also like to see some VIT stuff like Vagabond Wolf Hat, Demi reduction stuff, and some pure ATK gear instead of things that boost by a percentage or affect STR.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 11 March 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#109 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

For Archer Class, the yellow ribbon allowing for 75% range reduction is ultra strong.

For ASPD based classes the demon mask makes any class get 190 aspd if build/geared around it, with ease. 

For Pallys the telling doll hat or whatever is -_-ing godlike. slot, demi human reduction, and 10% better slim heal rate on top of regen pots on top of hp recovery on top of bg set ect. 

For Magic the MRH and skull cap are still pretty insaine.

BG is now cute and useful for priests

Little feather hat is super strong on FAS and sinx

Don't forget about how game breaking WCP is! Although its very excepted and "old" at this point, its still a very strong gear.

A good number of those above headgears were not on previous iRO "classic" servers. I like how they do change the game in ways, especially allowing new builds to emerge in this day and age. However, I do not see how CoD is nearly as strong as some of those. Anyways, keep the new stated headgears coming! Great stuff!

#110 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

tried doing ST. Patrick quest, cant find the "evidence", only a lot of bronze, a few silver coins and a few apples.

#111 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

^ I support this as well. Also their map spawn doesnt seem to rely on map size nor map spawn density(10 fixed spawn? lol).... Ive hunted on a big map, small map,  big spawn:map size ratio, vice-versa and the rate ive been getting snake kills remains the same. Also, not a single shred of evidence drop!

its incredibly boring and tedious to do, why remove the hugel city snake spawns like before?

Edited by Phil, 12 March 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#112 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Am I just getting -_- luck or is takius just not possible after this emerg maint? I got one in the first ten boxes. I've since opened 35 more and gotten everything but the blinder. Wtf...

#113 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:04 PM

Section 9's monster kill tracker being implemented this week. This update to the plugin system will display how many monsters you have left on a kill quest you have active much like we have on Renewal. 

This didn't happen as intended.  No files were changed or downloaded.

#114 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

So what's the deal with the St. Patricks day quest on Classic? I feel like I'm missing something.

#115 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

The thief job class warper NPC in Asgard says it will teleport to izlude instead of pyramids but in actuality teleports you to the right place instead

Edited by Phil, 12 March 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#116 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

Every non-gear related content update that Renewal gets makes me just a little bit more resentful that Classic, the mechanically superior game, will never see anything like it or progress beyond what it is now >.<

lol random thought for the evening.

Also slotting ads? Perpetually cycling gear that will always eventuate in a slotted, superior version given enough money is thrown at it? Sounds a bit Renewal, exactly the kind thing stated by many to be the very reason they left Renewal and its P2W gear acquisition mechanics behind *cough cough*

THANKS XELLIE

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 12 March 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#117 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

Which kind of, or which St patrick days quest we've got here in classic? Its not posted in the update log also, but it is in renewal's

#118 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

We have updated the patch to properly push out the classic kill tracker plugin, all you have to do is to re-patch classic to get the update!

#119 Nyna

Nyna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA, UT

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

Ok so i'm really confused as to where we are supposed to turn these coins in that we get from the Snake Lords's Minion's? The event says Agent York in Payon....where the heck is Agent York in Payon?! I cannot find him anywhere. So lost....help? Thanks! ^_^

#120 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

btw, is the ST. patricks day quest fixed? tried hunting vipers last night with no luck

#121 Nyna

Nyna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA, UT

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

nevermind, found it

#122 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:44 AM

btw, is the ST. patricks day quest fixed? tried hunting vipers last night with no luck

It wasn't dropping the correct item, so we're going to be doing a restart to fix that, but we're still doing testing. 

#123 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

so thats why sometimes it dropped apples xd

#124 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

We're likely going to be doing a maintenance at 4pm (about 4 hours from now) to resolve the billing desync disconnection issues that players have been experiencing so we'll do the quest fixes then. 

#125 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

It wasn't dropping the correct item, so we're going to be doing a restart to fix that, but we're still doing testing. 

Characters who have the "Factoring O'Reilly" quest in their quest log are unable to talk to Agent York. Will this be resolved as well? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users