[Suggestion] Level up by questing. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Suggestion] Level up by questing.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rowanvb

rowanvb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

In quite some MMORPG's, leveling is mainly done by questing.

So I was thinking, why not make questlines in each city/map which actually get a player to the level required to go to the next city, where he can do the quests there.

For example, I'm a newbie, visitor level 1.

I start in Adventure's Plains and take a few quests there and complete them, by the time I completed all/most, I've reached level 10 which allows me to get a job and move to the next map, Valley of Luxem Tower, where completing the quests will get me level ~15 and so on.

This of course has a lot of options like primary questlines and secondary/sub questlines.

The main reason I'm suggesting this is because the only/fastest way to level is simply by grinding, which attracts a lot of botters. (and can get quite boring sometimes)

If there was another option to level, I'm sure many people would prefer to quest instead of grinding for 10 hours.

#2 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

There's quests to lvl 100 more or less, after that lvl is hard to lvl up with quests, also ppl ignores quests cuz they want to lvl up fast + after repeat that same quests toons of times it will be bored, but even i acept this sugestiom even there's already quests but add new quests to lvl 100++ maybe or change quests rewards u.u, it will be hard to ppl come back to quests but if Devs do remove toons of aoe spots wich is gd for do quests but a disadvantage for bot will take a huge strike in lvling up history making impossible to max up in a few days/weeks.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

They wouldn't ignore quests, if any existed in the first place for 100+ [that were actually compiled to give you proper level progress] 

#4 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

I really like this idea. Under level 100 it's pretty much set up that way already but after 100 it gets tough so people end up in OT until lvl 160. Grinding is always boring but at least if it's quest based you'd have reason to go to the different maps. It would be another option as a way to level and options are always a good thing ^^

#5 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:15 PM

It's been proposed for a while now and I'm always for this idea.

To me leveling now is so boring that I haven't leveled anything for months. I fall asleep everytime I have to join a party in OT or Ruins or even Gorge of Silence :((

But questing is fun because you have a chance to explore maps (Which no longer visited by players), run around and sometimes cool rewards.

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:53 AM

This has been proposed several time (by myself as well as others). I agree this could give the game a whole new outlook. I know one of the problems is lack of quest writers, so I suggest any of you really creative people, start thinking and writing quests, submit them in the proper forums section, and who knows! I know one of my friends has already had one of his quests added. Perhaps yours will too.

#7 rowanvb

rowanvb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

This has been proposed several time (by myself as well as others). I agree this could give the game a whole new outlook. I know one of the problems is lack of quest writers, so I suggest any of you really creative people, start thinking and writing quests, submit them in the proper forums section, and who knows! I know one of my friends has already had one of his quests added. Perhaps yours will too.

I think it's more than just adding quests to the game, and by accepting random quest scripts, the quests might won't fit in.

If this would be implemented, it's better to let a group of a few people write the scripts I think.

#8 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

i think the whole quest story line need to get bigger and more important. so the game gets less boring!

also that solo playing so lvling without party's get easier and more fun!

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

rowanvb, they do try to keep the quests added in line with the story of the game. We have a very talented community here, and it makes sense to seek their help. I approve wholeheartedly.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hero quest / Episode quest hasn't been touched since Qilin left. I offered to help continue it, but Leonis refused under the pretense that he already has it 'all in his head'. 

#11 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Try playing Ragnarok Online if you think grinding in this game is too much.  A vast majority of leveling comes from grinding on monsters and doing monster kill quests.  The story quests, while usually good stories, are near impossible to follow without a guide and usually have a crap exp reward.  Then again, I haven't played Rose past mid 30's, so I can't really call myself an expert.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

The hero quest rewards little experience, if any at all in certain parts of the chain.

I requested that 2x exp medals + sigils work for quest exp reward and Leonis stated he'd thought about it. Where that went I have no idea.

I think a lot of the experience in this game is off.

• not getting ANY experience for completing dungeons without premium [this one is a huge slap in the face
  • not getting experience from PvP matches [seriously it's 10x harder to KO a player then a mob, shouldn't that equate to your character becoming more experienced?]
  • No experience enhancers for questing [costumes, medals, PT levels, prem etc]

The games solo aspects and experience sources could seriously be updated and the game would make a huge leap towards more profit and customer satisfaction, especially with the world of gaming going to casual player progression over grinding. Grinding was a 'normal' expectation 8 years ago, not now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users